The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 minutes ago, bree2 said:

it was dumb to send the kids back to school.

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yes it was.  Especially not temp testing anyone each day.  No PPE provided.

It was a political move if anything... allow parents that want to send kids back to school to be able to do so.  Those that want their kids to stay home can do so as well.  Curriculum wasn't being followed, so no big deal.  Pretty brutal for teachers and the support staff that were required to go into work.

13 minutes ago, HKSR said:

It was a political move if anything... allow parents that want to send kids back to school to be able to do so.  Those that want their kids to stay home can do so as well.  Curriculum wasn't being followed, so no big deal.  Pretty brutal for teachers and the support staff that were required to go into work.

Sending workers / kids into dangerous  Pandemic conditions without PPE is just wrong......

NDP used to have quite a bit of support from workers in BC.........

Edited by kingofsurrey

30 minutes ago, trek said:

Today's update from BC had a teacher in Fraser Health region test positive. KOS is going to be pissed.

As Paul Harvey said...the rest of the story.  The teacher was exposed to the virus in a social setting, found through contact tracing, was not infected in a school setting.  Before KOS and others collectively gather up pitchforks and torches.....

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, skategal said:

As Paul Harvey said...the rest of the story.  The teacher was exposed to the virus in a social setting, found through contact tracing, was not infected in a school setting.  Before KOS and others collectively gather up pitchforks and torches.....

I think the issue was having kids sent in each day to work with the teacher. No PPE provided.  No temp testing on anyone...

Before posters like skategal.... start defending risky  gov decisions....

Edited by kingofsurrey

Just now, skategal said:

I don't think that's the issue.  The issue is the teacher may have gone into work while asymptomatic but infectious.. which places kids, teachers, and other staff at risk in a work setting that is particularly difficult to keep safe (ie. lack of PPE, physical distancing ability of children, etc).

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I think the issue was having kids sent in each day to work with the teacher. No PPE provided.  No temp testing on anyone...

Before posters like skategal.... start defending risky  gov decisions....

Sorry, I've tried several times to provide a response but anything I type sounds like I'm attacking you and trying to inflame the situation when that isn't my intent.  I just prefer to look at all sides of an issue rather than take an entrenched position.  

I still don't think the government decision was all that risky.  For a variety of reasons that I and others have provided.  I guess that's what makes for healthy debate as we all come at issues from different points of view.  I doubt that you're going to change yours, I'm probably not going to change mine unless there is a body of evidence that indicates that the government decision was wrong, so far I haven't seen that.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, skategal said:

Sorry, I've tried several times to provide a response but anything I type sounds like I'm attacking you and trying to inflame the situation when that isn't my intent.  I just prefer to look at all sides of an issue rather than take an entrenched position.  

I still don't think the government decision was all that risky.  For a variety of reasons that I and others have provided.  I guess that's what makes for healthy debate as we all come at issues from different points of view.  I doubt that you're going to change yours, I'm probably not going to change mine unless there is a body of evidence that indicates that the government decision was wrong, so far I haven't seen that.  

Unfortunately, I've realized that some of my more distant neighbours hold unpopular opinions about COVID19 (or the belief that it's a conspiracy). It's very disappointing to see because they honestly believe in what they are spouting.

People who hold "entrenched" positions often have been wrong/disproven, but they refuse to admit it. It's kind of like how people who claim to be Conservatives blame the libs for everything. Or the liberals blaming Conservatives. This type of discussion doesn't get anywhere because it's filled with arguments that are circular in logic, or custom tailored to fit a certain narrative.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Why is to that there's been tons of outbreaks at nursing homes after they've been quarantined from their family's for 3 months, not even being allowed to say their last goodbyes on their deathbeds. If they aren't getting it from them, where do they get it from? Did one of them escape? The workers are also quarantined from their family, so how is there all these outbreaks after 3 months of quarantining? Many people have pointed out that family members that were corona cases died from other ailments, why does youtube and FB take those down as well as medical professionals that have uploaded vids of what they see at work? I saw half a dozen doctors say that malaria Q drug  works, their opinion isn't good enough? Being on the front lines, they're not allowed to upload a video of what they see?

Why doesn't the virus effect BLM protesters or Chaz but it does Trump supporters protesting the virus? Is it being used for politics by the dems? Sure seems that way to me, considering how many cases in the US. Someone please give me a rational response and not some FB memes, please? Change my mind by using reason, not an emotional knee jerk reaction.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Why is to that there's been tons of outbreaks at nursing homes after they've been quarantined from their family's for 3 months, not even being allowed to say their last goodbyes on their deathbeds. If they aren't getting it from them, where do they get it from? Did one of them escape? The workers are also quarantined from their family, so how is there all these outbreaks after 3 months of quarantining? Many people have pointed out that family members that were corona cases died from other ailments, why does youtube and FB take those down as well as medical professionals that have uploaded vids of what they see at work? I saw half a dozen doctors say that malaria Q drug  works, their opinion isn't good enough? Being on the front lines, they're not allowed to upload a video of what they see?

Why doesn't the virus effect BLM protesters or Chaz but it does Trump supporters protesting the virus? Is it being used for politics by the dems? Sure seems that way to me, considering how many cases in the US. Someone please give me a rational response and not some FB memes, please? Change my mind by using reason, not an emotional knee jerk reaction.

160d3e0.jpg

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2

2 hours ago, skategal said:

No PPE  worn or used by kids  or staff. 

No hand sanitizer provided.

No temperatture testing done on staff / students 

Sick kids returning the next day with no covid test done / required. 

Excuse me, but it is extremely risky and many of us expect more from our Government .   

Lucky for us all... that only  15% of gr. 6-12 students / parents supported the govenments risky plan.. 

We are in the middle of the worst pandemic in the last 100 years.....  people need to stay SMART and stay SAFE.  

USE PPE  when you are indoors around others....        Do not  discount PPE / masks ... thats only fuelling peoples dangerous irresponsible behaviours....

Edited by kingofsurrey