The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, skategal said:

Yeh, she was apparently at a law conference in the US in early March, got sick as soon as she got home.  Never hospitalized, but interesting longer term effects.  Again seems to show that there isn't a clear pattern of how the disease will affect people.  Certainly it's clear older people may be at more risk, but have heard of people in their 90's recovering just fine.  People with underlying health issues have more risk, but then some people develop awful issues as their body attacks itself.  Nick Cordero is a solid example, 41 years old and no underlying health issues.  85 days and counting in the ICU, lost a leg, severe lung damage, may not survive or recover his health.  

Stay safe everyone.  We just all should be happy we live in Canada right now where at least covid numbers seem manageable at this time. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, skategal said:

This story from a young Vancouver based lawyer describing her ongoing symptoms after recovering from COVID is interesting.  I'm cutting and pasting from Twitter as the story is about 8 tweets long so didn't want to link all of them.  

After having COVID in March, I did not think I had any long-term health consequences other than a little shortness of breath. Of course, like everything with COVID, we still barely know anything. And I barely know what it has done to my body.

Since recovering, I have had 2 ER visits, three COVID swabs, and countless unexplainable symptoms of illness.

I will be fine for several weeks, and then suddenly my body will start to run a fever. I will get chest pains, a cough, shortness of breath, a viral rash all over my face with redness into my eyes at times, and muscle aches.

When these symptoms appear they last for a week to ten days, and then just go away.

Each time I've gone to the ER on the recommendation of health professionals, and each time I've had a complete blood workup, urine tests, and chest x-rays. Other than the symptoms, I am a picture of perfect health. There is no apparent cause for them.

This never happened to me before getting COVID. This is new after having the virus. Is it connected? I don't know. It's a mystery. Why I have these symptoms is a mystery, but I know there are people who have inflammatory responses after COVID and I may be in that group.

I don't know whether this is forever, or just for now, or whether the periods between flare ups will get longer and longer. I want to find answers, but science and available medical testing doesn't have them for me.

Since I think it's important to share my experiences with COVID, I also think it's important to share this. It may not be connected, but I have a really big feeling that it is. And others should know that this may happen to them too.

So many questions and so few answers.  Wear a mask, stay away from others, wash your hands.  

this is where I am right now.  Though I was never tested, I am now 99.999999% sure I had covid 19 in Late Jan-early Feb and I am still suffering with the consequences of that virus.  I don't go a single day without heavy phlegm in my lungs, I fear my heart has been damaged, I have a continual fog in my brain and though I can exert myself physically in the moment ( to some degree), I pay for it for the next two days, struggling to breath and function normally. 

It's been four months for me now

• Huggy Bear 4

Not sure how many people saw this, but the mega church in Phoenix that6 hosted Donald Trump this week, has been ordered to stop claiming that their air filtration system "Kill 99% of Covid, withing 10 minutes"....:rolleyes:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/church-warned-to-stop-claiming-covid-can-be-eliminated-with-air-filtration/ar-BB162yA9?li=AAggFp5

I understand people who believe in God....it makes sense for people to want to believe in a benevolent greater power, but it's sad that people are gullible enough to believe things like this, just because it's a church making a statement....:picard:

• Cheers 4
  • Wat 1

Wife has done most of the grocery shopping, but I had to go today.  Typical busy Saturday, and I'd estimate 5-10% were wearing masks.  I see a higher % on my walks/jogs outside which is just strange.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Wife has done most of the grocery shopping, but I had to go today.  Typical busy Saturday, and I'd estimate 5-10% were wearing masks.  I see a higher % on my walks/jogs outside which is just strange.

People walking / jogging are health conscious people.

Peopel shopping without masks are probably in the store to pick up smokes , potato chips  and scratch and wins......

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, stawns said:

this is where I am right now.  Though I was never tested, I am now 99.999999% sure I had covid 19 in Late Jan-early Feb and I am still suffering with the consequences of that virus.  I don't go a single day without heavy phlegm in my lungs, I fear my heart has been damaged, I have a continual fog in my brain and though I can exert myself physically in the moment ( to some degree), I pay for it for the next two days, struggling to breath and function normally. 

It's been four months for me now

Get tested.

• Upvote 1

I couldn’t and wouldn’t take a picture of what I saw today.

My barbershop. I used to go to this really nice place. But I now use clippers.

But on my way somewhere else, I saw my old barbershop. About 20 motorbikes and 40 black riders & girlfriends.

On one side I’m like MAN. That is great support for this awesome barbershop, especially considering the reckoning currently occurring.

But on the other side, I’m thinking MAN. No masks, no social distancing at all, clogged all together on the sidewalk, blocking 1/2 the intersection... and I felt absolute sadness for them as that’s exactly how it spreads.

At least it’s was outside. But how about the five awesome barbers inside who will cut the hair of all these people...

Edited by Me_
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Worldwide more than 500 000 people have died from this pandemic.

I think the virus is serious but just to use an example Floyd had covid and his death went down as a covid death even if it wasn't. People like elderly who were already in hospice or nursing homes with serious health problems if positive for covid their death was a covid so I think it is safe to say that the number is probably a bit lower than those that are told.

Anyways bc keep it going we are doing decent. The quicker this goes away the better. I miss normal life

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1