The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Houston hospitals stop reporting COVID-19-related data after reaching base ICU capacity: report

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/houston-hospitals-stop-reporting-covid-19-related-data-after-reaching-base-icu-capacity-report/ar-BB1656hh

Data released by a major Houston hospital system no longer includes information about the hospital system's ICU capacity, a change reportedly made just a day after it previously was updated to show the hospitals reaching 100 percent base capacity due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

What was their mantra?  Oh right.  Give me Freedom or Give me Death.  Looks like they will be getting both.

• Vintage 1

It looks like a race to the top (or bottom, depending on how you look at it) for the worst Coronavirus state in America....Florida, Texas and Arizona are all vying for the title. We all have our "favorites" and all three are solid contenders, but these comments by Florida's Ron DeSantis have not aged well:

“At that time, there was a lot of people — not from Florida, but from between D.C. and New York — who thought that this was just the most significant thing that had every happened. That the sky was going to fall. They did misleading pictures, acting like, you know, this was like Lollapalooza on the beach or something like that,” he said.

“This is what they were focused on. Not dirty subway cars. Not other things that have been major transmitters of this disease. They were really focused on this, and they said that this was going to lead all these negative things. And people here were mocked.

“I want to thank the local media here in Northeast Florida for fighting back against false narratives and actually putting the facts out, actually showing that people were behaving responsibly, and that the major and his compatriots on the beaches, those mayors, were doing a good job.”

DeSantis made a similar point on Twitter feed. “We need to focus on facts and not fear. They said Florida was going to be just like New York or an ‘uber Italy’ when it came to hospitalizations and fatalities. This was wrong. It’s time to focus on the facts and follow a safe, smart and step-by-step plan for recovery.”

https://www.floridaphoenix.com/2020/05/01/gov-desantis-turns-pugnacious-slams-misleading-narratives-about-covid-19-in-florida/

BTW: Ron DeSantis "Florida Man" is:

Shirtless Florida man travels to Myrtle Beach to head bang during Hurricane Florence.

Edited by RUPERTKBD

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Hugo's Tacos closes temporarily after employees are harassed by mask-averse patrons

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/hugos-tacos-closes-temporarily-after-employees-are-harassed-by-mask-averse-patrons/ar-BB165vpV?li=BBnbfcL

Hugo's employees who have offered customers masks have been met with a barrage of stubborn but similar responses, Kohne said: "You can't tell me what to do. You can’t infringe on my personal liberties."

This is why the USA is experiencing a surge.  People who don't care about anyone else but themselves.

While I do agree this is part of the problem, I believe the bigger issue in the USA is the politicization of masks. You have people being fed propaganda making masks an issue of civil liberty. If Trump had gone the same route as Ford and encouraged the use of masks, you would see much less push back. If Trump had condemned the fools who thought they knew better than the experts, it would have further diminished these incidents. Heck Trump could have sold MAGA masks and, made masks a patriotic duty if he had wanted to. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

Quote from above:

"Vancouver Coastal Health is warning anyone who visited Brandi's Exotic Show Lounge on Hornby Street in downtown Vancouver on the evenings of June 21, 22, 23 and 24 that they may have been exposed to the coronavirus"

Question: I was on the stage, do I still have to worry?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Quote from above:

"Vancouver Coastal Health is warning anyone who visited Brandi's Exotic Show Lounge on Hornby Street in downtown Vancouver on the evenings of June 21, 22, 23 and 24 that they may have been exposed to the coronavirus"

Only if you signed the ping pong balls. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Quote from above:

Looks like a good place for a pole....

...I mean poll.....:blush:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BPA said:

Houston hospitals stop reporting COVID-19-related data after reaching base ICU capacity: report

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/houston-hospitals-stop-reporting-covid-19-related-data-after-reaching-base-icu-capacity-report/ar-BB1656hh

Data released by a major Houston hospital system no longer includes information about the hospital system's ICU capacity, a change reportedly made just a day after it previously was updated to show the hospitals reaching 100 percent base capacity due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

What was their mantra?  Oh right.  Give me Freedom or Give me Death.  Looks like they will be getting both.

This isn't good.  I wouldn't be surprised if more of this happens.  Hiding public health information is downright dangerous.  People have a right to know.  Downplaying the severity is akin to a cover up.

I'll give you another manta:  Profits before public health.  It's pretty clear where a lot of the US is.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Toews said:

While I do agree this is part of the problem, I believe the bigger issue in the USA is the politicization of masks. You have people being fed propaganda making masks an issue of civil liberty. If Trump had gone the same route as Ford and encouraged the use of masks, you would see much less push back. If Trump had condemned the fools who thought they knew better than the experts, it would have further diminished these incidents. Heck Trump could have sold MAGA masks and, made masks a patriotic duty if he had wanted to. 

Or a mask with teeth, which many of his supporters don't have

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, BPA said:

Hugo's Tacos closes temporarily after employees are harassed by mask-averse patrons

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/hugos-tacos-closes-temporarily-after-employees-are-harassed-by-mask-averse-patrons/ar-BB165vpV?li=BBnbfcL

Hugo's employees who have offered customers masks have been met with a barrage of stubborn but similar responses, Kohne said: "You can't tell me what to do. You can’t infringe on my personal liberties."

This is why the USA is experiencing a surge.  People who don't care about anyone else but themselves.

corona.jpg

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

What kind of collection of morons makes wearing a mask a political issue. I swear I've seen some stupid things in my life but this response to the CoVID pandemic by some idiots has to be up there with the dumbest. 

2nd wave is certain when humans refuse to  listen to scientists.

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

What kind of collection of morons makes wearing a mask a political issue. I swear I've seen some stupid things in my life but this response to the CoVID pandemic by some idiots has to be up there with the dumbest. 

I guess you haven't heard it's all a hoax? It's no worse than the flu. It magically goes away in the warm weather. Make yourself a Clorox smoothie and chill out will ya.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

I guess you haven't heard it's all a hoax? It's no worse than the flu. It magically goes away in the warm weather. Make yourself a Clorox smoothie and chill out will ya.

Let the herd immunity waft over you...again again...lottery will get you eventually. 

‘Our Luck May Have Run Out’: California’s Case Count Explodes

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/our-luck-may-have-run-out-californias-case-count-explodes/ar-BB167I8p?li=AAggNb9&ocid=iehp

Over the past week California’s case count has exploded, surpassing 200,000 known infections, and forcing Mr. Newsom to roll back the state’s reopening in some counties. On Monday, he said the number of people hospitalized in California had risen 43 percent over the past two weeks.

“I’m frustrated because it’s not that we don’t know what to do,” Dr. Pan said. “We know what to do. We’re just not doing it.”

2nd Wave has official come for USA.  Or maybe it's that the 1st wave never left.

:picard:

11 hours ago, Duodenum said:

What kind of collection of morons makes wearing a mask a political issue

I have a friend, who says wearing a mask is a democratic thing to force you against your will...etc.. Whenever I try to convince him otherwise, he just throws back at me that he wants to see the peer reviews.  I'm busy, so I tell him that I follow the experts such as Dr. Bonnie Henry, who has done the work. He poo-poos her as being in the lap of the big pharma or something. Very frustrating, but there is no convincing. Oh, he also says that the Sandy Hook shooting was faked.