The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

5 minutes ago, BPA said:

Arizona doctors worry as ICUs fill: 'We’re leaving the hospital sometimes in tears'

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/medical/arizona-doctors-worry-as-icus-fill-we-re-leaving-the-hospital-sometimes-in-tears/ar-BB168Syp?li=AAggFp4&ocid=ientp

Hospitals in Arizona are seeing an intense wave of new coronavirus cases, doctors at the Banner University Medical Center in Phoenix told ABC News on Monday, and it is filling up their intensive care units and pushing their nurses to the brink.

EDIT:  wanted to added these following paragraphs for emphasis.

"My concern is that we're not going to have a break before the big flu/COVID-19 wave that's going to come this winter. And who's going to be staffing that? If residual workers get sick, we're not going to have the workforce," Dreiffus said, noting the combination will be "devastating."

"It stands to crumple our health system across the board," Dreiffus added.

It is only going to get worse.  They had a chance to Flatten the Curve but chose to open up the Economy.  This is the price they will pay.

And the world will pay right along with them unfortunately.

1 hour ago, skolozsy2 said:

Eventually I'd really, really like to leave my house for things other than work and groceries...and its morons like this that are preventing me from doing so.

Unfortunately we got our share of morons up here as well.  Your country doesn’t have a monopoly on that (it’s just too bad though you have some in positions of power in government.....not that Justin Trudeau isn’t much more than an airhead).

Canada extends international travel ban until July 31

airport-pexels-696x464.jpg  

The Canada Border Services Agency says it will be extending a wide ban on international travel that bars entry to foreign nationals from any country other than the United States.

CBSA spokesperson Rebecca Purdy confirmed in an email to Victoria Buzz that the Order-in-Council that set the ban to expire on June 30 will be extended to July 31.

Limited exceptions are permitted under the order, including immediate family members, members of the Canadian Forces, or airplane crews.

The travel ban is separate from another order prohibiting non-essential travel between Canada and the U.S., which was extended in June and is set to expire on July 21, 2020.

The international travel ban extension from Ottawa comes shortly after the European Union announced that it would be allowing tourists from “safe” countries—including Canada—to enter the EU.

Canadian citizens and permanent residents returning to Canada after travelling abroad must self-isolate for 14 days under the Quarantine Act.

Violations of the Act are punishable by fines up to $750,000 and/or imprisonment for six months. If a person causes a risk of death or serious bodily harm, they can face up to $1 million in fines and/or imprisonment up to three years.

Despite travel restrictions remaining in place, WestJet and Air Canada recently announced they would be loosening restrictions on seat distancing policies as domestic air travel returns.

B.C. Health Minister Adrian Dix says that Transport Canada and Health Canada have jurisdiction over airline operations.

Dix added that if the federal authorities approve of the removal of seat distancing policies for Canada’s two largest airlines, they need to be explicit in explaining why the move is considered safe at this time.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Upvote 1

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-06-26/inside-the-body-the-coronavirus-is-even-more-sinister-than-scientists-had-realized?fbclid=IwAR32mXSCRX8FxYI-AYi9_gMzXeRs_HmOgJn86GAGNmGem1juvjcddU4Rt2g

Inside the body, the coronavirus is even more sinister than scientists had realized

An electron microscopy image of a cell infected by the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
An electron microscopy image of a cell infected by the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
(Dr. Elizabeth Fischer of NIAID/NIH)
By MELISSA HEALYSTAFF WRITER 
JUNE 26, 2020
8 AM

The new coronavirus’ reputation for messing with scientists’ assumptions has taken a truly creepy turn.

Researchers exploring the interaction between the coronavirus and its hosts have discovered that when the SARS-CoV-2 virus infects a human cell, it sets off a ghoulish transformation. Obeying instructions from the virus, the newly infected cell sprouts multi-pronged tentacles studded with viral particles.

These disfigured zombie cells appear to be using those streaming filaments, or filopodia, to reach still-healthy neighboring cells. The protuberances appear to bore into the cells’ bodies and inject their viral venom directly into those cells’ genetic command centers — thus creating another zombie.

The authors of the new study, an international team led by researchers at UC San Francisco, say the coronavirus appears to be using these newly sprouted dendrites to boost its efficiency in capturing new cells and establishing infection in its human victims....(cont'd)

6 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

image.png

Those hats are a real treat for people that have never received any attention in their lives. They finally have people looking at them.

For sure he is listening to the latest youtuber that has the world all figured out. Meanwhile, he can't wait to brag later on about the dumb thing he did with his mask to his 'friends' on FB. 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Ha.. Any red had these days will get some heads turning

I get quite a few comments wearing this hat.. the rare occasion that I do (Canada Day is one)

Speaking of which happy early canada day eh’ y’all  :gocan:

BA5A952D-393D-49F7-937C-8CA8F9618FCF.jpeg

That hat is brill!

Happy Early Canada day to you too Chick.

Periodically I turn on Fox News to see what they think about things. The Ingraham Angle was on, as she was ridiculing Dr. Fausci saying how he has been wrong on everything and their doctors really know what's going on. "Let my people be Free!". Their take on Black Lives Matter, and face masks and so on is so disturbing. Excuse me, I need a drink....

Edited by wloutet
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

The Covid test is definitely not fun.  That stick they slide through your nose....

I certainly hope I didn't catch the Wuhan virus.... but I have never been this sick in my life before :sick:

Best of luck to you, Lancaster. Hope you aren't in the risk factor category.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

And my own dad was just saying how we shouldnt be worried anymore because the island had no cases.... i dont think people realize that even thiugh we are doing really good here we still cant get complacent. Right now we are basically up by 3 goals at the start of the third period, and some people seem to think we can just run out the clock. Well now the other team has scored and is building momentum again and if we arent careful we will be on the other side of the scoreboard fast

So true.  Hard to know whether there are no cases, or just no reported cases.  As we've all been made aware, many people may be asymptomatic, or have very mild symptoms and not know they are sick.  Seeing that in the PGA with some golfers testing positive and being surprised as they felt no symptoms.  Also most likely that Island Health may be the only ones that know whether the person got sick from someone who visited the Island or whether the person may have visited the mainland and brought it back with them. 

No one can let their guard down as I think the virus is still everywhere.  

• Cheers 1