The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

27 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Well, he did wrestle as a character that easily fit as a heal.  Definitely not a baby face thing there Glenn.  At least he was the only dissenting vote.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kane-glenn-jacobs-wwe-mask-ordinance-knox-county-003253444.html

Former professional mask wearer, current mayor votes against mask ordinance in his county

The board of health in Knox County, Tennessee — home of Knoxville and the University of Tennessee flagship — voted Wednesday to mandate masks for anyone inside certain buildings.

The vote was one shy of being unanimous, but that dissenter, Mayor Glenn Jacobs, raised plenty of eyebrows.

That is because Jacobs, as you might remember, was once one of the most prominent mask-wearers in the United States during his previous career, as the famed WWE professional wrestler Kane. This is how he once looked at his night job:

Knox County mayor Glenn Jacobs was once quite in favor of masks. (Photo by George Pimentel/WireImage)

Knox County mayor Glenn Jacobs was once quite in favor of masks. (Photo by George Pimentel/WireImage)

More

Jacobs was elected mayor of Knox County in 2018 via a close Republican primary and a landslide win in the general election over Democrat Linda Haney. While he ran as a Republican, Jacobs identified his political beliefs as libertarian when talking to Yahoo Sports about his burgeoning political career.

In practice, the sight of Jacobs wearing a mask have been rare on his social media accounts, though he did make an exception for a visit to the East Tennessee Children’s Hospital.

Maybe he's determined to meet the Undertaker? :unsure:

• Haha 1

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/people-in-alabama-are-throwing-covid-19-parties-with-a-payout-when-one-gets-infected-official-1.5007903

Some young people in Alabama are throwing COVID-19 parties, a disturbing competition where people who have coronavirus attend and the first person to get infected receives a payout, local officials said.

The parties are being held in Tuscaloosa, and infected people are urged to attend so others can intentionally contract the virus, City Council member Sonya McKinstry told CNN. She said she heard about the trend from fire officials.

"We thought that was kind of a rumors at first. We did some research, not only do the doctors' offices confirm it, but the state confirmed they also had the same information," she said.

During a presentation to the City Council this week, Fire Chief Randy Smith also said young people in the city are throwing parties with a payout if they catch coronavirus, McKinstry said.

The first person confirmed by a doctor to have coronavirus after the exposure wins the money made off the ticket sales, she said. Over the past few weeks, there have been several parties in the city and surrounding areas, and probably more that officials don't know about, she added.

I'd say we have some solid candidates for Darwin Awards, but Alabama isn't too big on Darwin....:rolleyes:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

America wow....30k cases one week to 50k cases a day.  The estimates of potentially seeing 100k new cases per day are now not only out of the ordinary there is a betting line on it

Pretty quick here the whole country will have gotten it and they will be the first ones to be immune at this rate!

51 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Great candidate for future POTUS as we have obviously slipped into a dimension based on the movie 'Idiocracy'. 

He will feed the plants energy drinks and the top reality tv show will be called 'Ow my balls'

Lets not forget the award winning movie, "Ass".  Oh well,, I'm off to Starbucks for a handjob.

Great movie in my opinion. 

• Haha 1

A while back many countries started testing for antibodies in recovered patients. The reasoning was that the antibodies could be harvested and used to treat other patients who have contracted Covid-19. I haven't heard much about that since. Is it because the antibodies are being used to treat only a certain segment of patients?? Are some countries with bad rates of infection using their citizens as guinea pigs? Paranoia??

Edited by RWMc1

7 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Sounds like a real classy chap.  Security footage should hopefully show the guy's license plate.

At times, I seriously feel like I'm witnessing the de-evolution of man and that we're actually regressing as humans.

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Sounds like a real classy chap.  Security footage should hopefully show the guy's license plate.

At times, I seriously feel like I'm witnessing the de-evolution of man and that we're actually regressing as humans.

No doubt, waists are increasing while brains and cognitive reasoning is decreasing.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Concerning the themes of the parties being thrown, there are too many humans in Alabama, thats for certain. 

The article mentioned Tuscaloosa specifically, which just happens to be the home of a much despised (by me, anyway) college football program.....B)

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Well, he did wrestle as a character that easily fit as a heal.  Definitely not a baby face thing there Glenn.  At least he was the only dissenting vote.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kane-glenn-jacobs-wwe-mask-ordinance-knox-county-003253444.html

Former professional mask wearer, current mayor votes against mask ordinance in his county

The board of health in Knox County, Tennessee — home of Knoxville and the University of Tennessee flagship — voted Wednesday to mandate masks for anyone inside certain buildings.

The vote was one shy of being unanimous, but that dissenter, Mayor Glenn Jacobs, raised plenty of eyebrows.

That is because Jacobs, as you might remember, was once one of the most prominent mask-wearers in the United States during his previous career, as the famed WWE professional wrestler Kane. This is how he once looked at his night job:

More

Jacobs was elected mayor of Knox County in 2018 via a close Republican primary and a landslide win in the general election over Democrat Linda Haney. While he ran as a Republican, Jacobs identified his political beliefs as libertarian when talking to Yahoo Sports about his burgeoning political career.

In practice, the sight of Jacobs wearing a mask have been rare on his social media accounts, though he did make an exception for a visit to the East Tennessee Children’s Hospital.

Glen Jacobs has reverted back to being the fake Diesel  (eg., a FAILED HORRIBLE wrestler character - lol not the real Diesel was anything special):

:lol:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Do you really think small kids are able to effectively social distance ?  Hardly the case. 

By opening schools and providing no PPE / masks  / sanitizer to students and schools ... Horgan and Dr. B basically set the example for the general public to not take precautions indoors. 

This was in my opinion very short sighted.   It sent a message to people to not take this virus seriously....    The wearing of masks is not needed.

Dangerous message for our government to send out. 

I talked to some of the teachers at the end of the school year.   They had no problems keeping distance between kids with a smaller class size.  

The challenge they said would be in September when all kids go back to school.   They now have an idea of what works and what does not.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Pretty quick here the whole country will have gotten it and they will be the first ones to be immune at this rate!

Only to find immunity doesn’t last and they have to do it all over again.