The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

13 minutes ago, BPA said:

Target shopper wearing '$40,000 Rolex' destroys face mask display, while Costco shopper protests mask policy

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/companies/target-shopper-wearing-2440000-rolex-destroys-face-mask-display-while-costco-shopper-protests-mask-policy/ar-BB16oPK6

In the video Sunday, a woman identified as Melissa Rein Lively, who also is the CEO of The Brand Consortium PR, pulled the masks off the display, of a Scottsdale store, in an expletive-filled rant. She did not immediately respond to USA TODAY's request for comment.

The lady definitely having a mental breakdown.  In other news report, she claims to be QAnon spokesperson and uses the N word multiple times.  So probably not the best human being out there. 

The video I watched I felt so sorry for the police officer - he was talking to her and she kept saying she was being tracked, the conversation was being recorded and beamed out, clearly she had a really high belief that big Government is spying on everyone and everything is a conspiracy.  

My immediate reaction in watching her tear the display apart is that she was 'batsh&t crazy'.  Not sure what ever happened to the more well accepted approach of "if you don't like something, walk away".  

COVID-19: Vancouver bar patrons may have been exposed to virus

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/covid-19-vancouver-bar-patrons-may-have-been-exposed-to-virus/ar-BB16ppVl?li=AAggXBV&ocid=iehp

Vancouver Coastal Health is alerting bar patrons who were at Vancouver’s Hotel Belmont a week ago that they may have been exposed to the novel coronavirus.

The VCH says individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 were at the hotel’s bar and nightclub on both June 27 and 29.

Bar-goers who patronized the Hotel Belmont, located at the corner of Nelson and Granville streets, on either of those nights are advised to monitor themselves for 14 days.

“As long as they remain healthy and do not develop symptoms, there is no need to self-isolate and they should continue with their usual daily activities. If you have no symptoms, testing is not recommended because it is not accurate or useful,” the VCH said in a statement.

“If you develop any of these symptoms of COVID-19, please seek COVID-19 testing and immediately self-isolate. Please call ahead and wear a mask when seeking testing.”

The VCH said there is no known risk to anyone who were at the Hotel Belmont outside these two dates.

FYI...you know the drill.

Sweden Has Become the World’s Cautionary Tale

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/sweden-has-become-the-worlds-cautionary-tale/ar-BB16rAdT?li=AAggNb9&ocid=iehp

LONDON — Ever since the coronavirus emerged in Europe, Sweden has captured international attention by conducting an unorthodox, open-air experiment. It has allowed the world to examine what happens in a pandemic when a government allows life to carry on largely unhindered.

This is what has happened: Not only have thousands more people died than in neighboring countries that imposed lockdowns, but Sweden’s economy has fared little better.

Advertisement

“They literally gained nothing,” said Jacob F. Kirkegaard, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics in Washington. “It’s a self-inflicted wound, and they have no economic gains.”

But Sweden’s grim result — more death, and nearly equal economic damage — suggests that the supposed choice between lives and paychecks is a false one: A failure to impose social distancing can cost lives and jobs at the same time.

What not to do in a pandemic.

• Cheers 3

37 minutes ago, BPA said:

COVID-19: Vancouver bar patrons may have been exposed to virus

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/covid-19-vancouver-bar-patrons-may-have-been-exposed-to-virus/ar-BB16ppVl?li=AAggXBV&ocid=iehp

Vancouver Coastal Health is alerting bar patrons who were at Vancouver’s Hotel Belmont a week ago that they may have been exposed to the novel coronavirus.

The VCH says individuals who tested positive for COVID-19 were at the hotel’s bar and nightclub on both June 27 and 29.

Bar-goers who patronized the Hotel Belmont, located at the corner of Nelson and Granville streets, on either of those nights are advised to monitor themselves for 14 days.

“As long as they remain healthy and do not develop symptoms, there is no need to self-isolate and they should continue with their usual daily activities. If you have no symptoms, testing is not recommended because it is not accurate or useful,” the VCH said in a statement.

“If you develop any of these symptoms of COVID-19, please seek COVID-19 testing and immediately self-isolate. Please call ahead and wear a mask when seeking testing.”

The VCH said there is no known risk to anyone who were at the Hotel Belmont outside these two dates.

FYI...you know the drill.

That bar is located right on the Granville strip too. Entertainment district. 

Surrounded by a lot of other bars and clubs. 

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

That bar is located right on the Granville strip too. Entertainment district. 

Surrounded by a lot of other bars and clubs. 

bars are taking a massive hit during this pandemic........this virus is turning out to be a dagger to the heart of douchebag culture

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

bars are taking a massive hit during this pandemic........this virus is turning out to be a dagger to the heart of douchebag culture

They are.

I feel bad for some of the businesses, Clubs may be douchebag culture for the most part but some are decent, focusing on music. A lot of the pubs have developed a cool bar culture focusing on craft beer and good food. That one with the covid case is the Belmont, that and the Colony across the street are in a Barcade style. Fun places to go with all the oldschool games. Colony even has indoor bocce ball.

58 minutes ago, stawns said:

At times like these I think of those poor bouncers....

And I laugh, and laugh, and laugh....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, stawns said:

There are actually some good human characteristics that came out during this pandemic. Too bad because I'm sure the big business will return as soon as it can.

Are you sure you should be calling out everyone that wants to have fun or run a bar a douche?

You sound like the lamest teacher in the world. ;)

It's about culture. Stawns don't care

this is a thread about teachers.

Edited by Gawdzukes

Herd immunity strategies called into question after coronavirus antibody study in Spain

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/07/herd-immunity-questioned-after-spanish-coronavirus-antibody-study.html

Bad results for those touting herd immunity. Oh and apparently it's airborne too...:mellow:

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

There are actually some good human characteristics that came out during this pandemic. Too bad because I'm sure the big business will return as soon as it can.

Are you sure you should be calling out everyone that wants to have fun or run a bar a douche?

You sound like the lamest teacher in the world. ;)

It's about culture. Stawns don't care

this is a thread about teachers.

I know many who are deep in the douchebag culture who are good people.  They're still douchy.

Zach Braff Opens Up About Friend Nick Cordero’s Final Days

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/celebrity/zach-braff-opens-up-about-friend-nick-corderos-final-days/ar-BB16rA6G?li=AAggNb9&ocid=iehp

The actor explained that in his last days, Cordero "didn't have COVID anymore," but by that point the illness had taken too hard a toll on his body.

Doctors described Cordero's lungs as looking like "Swiss cheese," as though "he’d been a heavy smoker his entire life."

"Even to live he would’ve needed a full double-lung transplant and you only get those if you're healthy in all other ways," Braff said. "So the machines were really truly keeping him alive.

"His blood pressure wasn't strong enough so the tips of all his fingers and toes were blackening and they would have had to have been removed had he lived."

Due to blood clots caused by the disease, Cordero had to have his leg amputated, was placed on dialysis and needed a pacemaker.

F Covid-19.

Even if you survive it, there is a chance your body is damaged beyond repair.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 2

25 minutes ago, skategal said:

Interesting analysis of the impacts in Sweden compared to others as they took a markedly different approach.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/sweden-has-become-the-world-s-cautionary-tale/ar-BB16rAdT?ocid=msedgdhp

That article really emphasizes that this virus needs to be fought on a global basis.  Countries that try to take the easy way out were just going to get burned because its a global economy.  Unless you are a country isolated from contact with the rest of the world, Your strategies must align with what other countries are doing.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My aunt summed it up nicely. There's two types of people in the world.

@$$holes and everyone else.

Moral of the story. Don't be an @$$hole. 

I would reference the song If you could change the world but you're to young to get it.

Sorry, I meant that as a compliment if it didn't come across that way. And a joke.

Edited by Gawdzukes

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I would reference the song If you could change the world but you're to young to get it.

Sorry, I meant that as a compliment if it didn't come across that way. And a joke.

No worries, just a general comment. And I love that quote, it reflects so much of my Aunt's personality. 

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

No worries, just a general comment. And I love that quote, it reflects so much of my Aunt's personality. 

yeah man, I mean no disrespect to Stawns and he's a great hockey mind. That's why I'm here. I'm insensitive towards personal struggles while we fight this thing off. Sue me. :sadno: I have no money. :rolleyes:

Is your aunt still with us?

Edited by Gawdzukes

Vancouver yoga studio turns away customers who want to wear face masks, says patron

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/vancouver-yoga-studio-turns-away-customers-who-want-to-wear-face-masks-says-patron/ar-BB16rVDa?ocid=eventhub

A Vancouver yoga studio is turning away customers who want to wear a face mask during class, says a woman who was told to take hers off at the studio.

Bikram Yoga-Commercial Drive says those who want to wear masks should not practise at their location, according to an employee who answered the phone when CBC called. 

Next possible place for an outbreak.  Supposedly taking all necessary Covid-19 precautions but not masks.

• Vintage 1