The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Canorth said:

Not related to Covid.

I’m More than a little drunk right now....?just don’t know where else to vent 

....I Got a hysterical call from my Mom this AM... to come over to my Uncle Daryl’s apartment, immediately. So I rush over and...

....he was dead on the floor.

that was my fcking day. 

Somehow you just made mine better. 

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, Canorth said:

Not related to Covid.

....I Got a hysterical call from my Mom this AM... to come over to my Uncle Daryl’s apartment, immediately. So I rush over and...

that was my fcking day. 

matthew broderick jewish GIF

That sucks

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Canorth said:

Not related to Covid.

that was my fcking day. 

What did your mom expect you to do when you go there?  As oppose to just tell you he's dead and to call a coroner?

Thats unfortunate. 

Stories like those freak me out....my mom is 86 and lives alone in Kelowna. She has chronic GI issues and just came out of (thankfully successful) surgery.

My nephew (who was raised by my parents) lives there and checks in on her every day. The rest of the family is scattered around BC, (and one sister who lives in Grande Prairie) so we're all grateful that he's there to help.

I can't imagine what we'd do if he was there as a support system for her.

• Huggy Bear 2

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

As this video shows, we have our racist morons in Canada as well:

So much to unpack here.

1. pretty loud and long lasting shouting for a guy with asthma

2. “you’re  as canadian as my butt” so.... you are admitting that at least your own butt isnt canadian?

3. apparently 2 seconds is about 2 minutes to this guy because despite saying he would bunch the poor worker in 2 seconds twice he never does
4. honestly shocked he isnt wearing his maga hat here

• Cheers 2

I thought Dr. B said kids rarely get Covid......

A Missouri sleepaway camp has shut down after more than 80 kids and staffers became infected with the coronavirus, health officials said.

Kamp Kanakuk decided to end its K-2 program in Lampe last week after the first few dozen cases were detected, according to Stone County Health Department.

As of Monday, there are at least 82 campers and staff who have tested positive for the virus, officials said.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/09/missouri-sleepaway-camp-closes-after-82-kids-staff-get-coronavirus/

Edited by kingofsurrey

31 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

So much to unpack here.

1. pretty loud and long lasting shouting for a guy with asthma

2. “you’re  as canadian as my butt” so.... you are admitting that at least your own butt isnt canadian?

3. apparently 2 seconds is about 2 minutes to this guy because despite saying he would bunch the poor worker in 2 seconds twice he never does
4. honestly shocked he isnt wearing his maga hat here

5.  Hates Asians yet goes to shop in a T&T.  I guess inbreeding does funny things to ones brain.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

zzzzzwfy5kjwaqq951.jpg

And this so relevant too.  I understand the mask is an inconvenience, but seriously, how long are you really in the grocery store shopping....20 minutes?   I wear mine for 9 hours at work, so 20 minutes wesring one in a store isn't all that big of a deal, its almost a blessing for me.

• Cheers 3

21 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

And this so relevant too.  I understand the mask is an inconvenience, but seriously, how long are you really in the grocery store shopping....20 minutes?   I wear mine for 9 hours at work, so 20 minutes wesring one in a store isn't all that big of a deal, its almost a blessing for me.

But...... but your rights!

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

I thought Dr. B said kids rarely get Covid......

A Missouri sleepaway camp has shut down after more than 80 kids and staffers became infected with the coronavirus, health officials said.

Kamp Kanakuk decided to end its K-2 program in Lampe last week after the first few dozen cases were detected, according to Stone County Health Department.

As of Monday, there are at least 82 campers and staff who have tested positive for the virus, officials said.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/09/missouri-sleepaway-camp-closes-after-82-kids-staff-get-coronavirus/

1.  Dr. Henry has stated that children are not the drivers of the virus and that they have a much lower chance of becoming infected; especially under 12 yrs old.  In this situation, the kids are all teens and there is no information showing the breakdown between the kids and adults who were infected. 

2.  Even in stage 3, BC has not allowed overnight camps for children.  There's no way that Missouri (with their +750 daily new infections on the rise) should have allowed these camps to open.

3.  Quit comparing the pandemic response in BC to what is happening in the US.  You are fear mongering!

• Vintage 2

21 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

1.  Dr. Henry has stated that children are not the drivers of the virus and that they have a much lower chance of becoming infected; especially under 12 yrs old.  In this situation, the kids are all teens and there is no information showing the breakdown between the kids and adults who were infected. 

2.  Even in stage 3, BC has not allowed overnight camps for children.  There's no way that Missouri (with their +750 daily new infections on the rise) should have allowed these camps to open.

3.  Quit comparing the pandemic response in BC to what is happening in the US.  You are fear mongering!

You do realize that BC highschool kids are over  12 yrs old... right ? Pretty sure kids can get covid during the day.... not only during the night....

People need to look at what happens in BC with a critical lens... not just parrotting what our goverrnment tells us.....

People that suggest  the use of  PPE when at work/school / indoors are not the problem..  COVID is the problem and unsafe behavior is the PROBLEM>

Edited by kingofsurrey