The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Brain problems linked to even mild coronavirus infections: study

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/brain-problems-linked-to-even-mild-coronavirus-infections-study-1.5015319

'PARIS -- Potentially fatal COVID-19 complications in the brain including delirium, nerve damage and stroke may be more common than initially thought, a team of British-based doctors warned Wednesday.

Severe COVID-19 infections are known to put patients at risk of neurological complications, but research led by University College London suggests serious problems can occur even in individuals with mild cases of the virus.'

9 hours ago, Russ said:

What did your mom expect you to do when you go there?  As oppose to just tell you he's dead and to call a coroner?

Thats unfortunate. 

My Mom was standing over the dead body of her brother. She could “expect” anything from me as she saw fit.

What the Fcks you’re problem with that.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Russ said:

What did your mom expect you to do when you go there?  As oppose to just tell you he's dead and to call a coroner?

Thats unfortunate. 

What is truly unfortunate, is people second guessing the actions of a distraught sibling, from the  no stress, safety of an armchair; nowhere near the very traumatic scene of a sibling's death.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I river fish because I can't afford a boat capable of getting me to suitable fishing grounds.

Do fish suffer pain? Have you ever heard the scream of the carrot after it is ripped out of the ground? That beautiful smell of freshly mowed grass is the pheromone put out by the lawn to signal that it is under attack? I guess everything might be off limits.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gurn said:

how the heck did you reach your strawman, based on what higgyfan actually typed?:unsure:

Wearing a mask in public is the least we can all do to keep others safer.....    People need to wake up and show some respect for fellow members in our communities...  PUT a MASK on when you go out in PUBLIC.  ITs  NOT HARD to do....

Going maskless in the store does not mean that you are a tough GUY or a tough women....  It does not mean you are anti government or anti authourity...

It  just means you are an.  A - hole.....

Edited by kingofsurrey

17 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Wearing a mask in public is the least we can all do to keep others safer.....    People need to wake up and show some respect for fellow members in our communities...  PUT a MASK on when you go out in PUBLIC.  ITs  NOT HARD to do....

Going maskless in the store does not mean that you are a tough GUY or a tough women....  It does not mean you are anti government or anti authourity...

And just what does that have to do with higgyfan's post?

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Throwing kids back to school with no PPE for them or staff as a PRIMER.....

Wow.....   #BrokenBC

Next year NHL players should practise on ice  all season without any helmets ....  You can call it a PRIMER....

The healthcare team search through massive amounts of data and documentation on Covid 19.  Nobody on this board has the knowledge, training and expertise that can compare with these people.  The obviously believed that it was safe to return the children to school in June and obviously the were correct.  Once again...NOT A CHILD WAS INFECTED DURING THE OPENING OF SCHOOLS.

Your lack of respect for these hard working professionals (all those #brokenBCs), along with your lack of respect for the province (commenting that BC in a banana republic) has got me wondering what your motivation is. 

32 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Is this aimed at me?  If so, could you quote me  saying that  I am against masks or would never wear one?

Edited by higgyfan
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Lol what a downer.. I wasn't suggesting to open a commercial fishing operation. You don't think there is enough fish currently in the pacific for 1 family to catch their own meals if they so desired ?  

It is a shame the over-fishing that has been done to ruin the mass sustainability though. you can always count on humans to ruin an easily replenished resource. 

Commercial fishery on the West coast is way down, but there's still an active sport fishery. (although this summer's numbers are off for obvious reasons)

There's a case to be made for moving to a strictly sport/food fishing model. Iceland is kind of the model for that. In fact, there are a lot of former Icelandic fishermen living in BC.

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Commercial fishery on the West coast is way down, but there's still an active sport fishery. (although this summer's numbers are off for obvious reasons)

There's a case to be made for moving to a strictly sport/food fishing model. Iceland is kind of the model for that. In fact, there are a lot of former Icelandic fishermen living in BC

If you want to spend the time pretty much anyone in BC can use the luxury of being a resident to catch your own fish, fill the freezer with red meat every fall and grow and preserve enough veggies and fruit for the entire year.   Need a little land to do the past part but less then one might thing (1/4 acre per couple  is plenty for both fruit and veggies) ... BC has it’s own built in grocery store ... but instead it’s too easy to get a part-time job to pay for that and get stuck online or on a device I suppose... ONT too...  

3 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I river fish because I can't afford a boat capable of getting me to suitable fishing grounds. For that matter many of those areas are now closed due to fish shortages too. 10 years ago the Abion test fishery would show hundreds of Chinook being caught by this point in the year. To date this year they show 11. The river hasn't been open to sport fishing in years. Damn rights I'm a downer, lol, it's friggen depressing. 

Edit: Whoops, thought I quoted you. Don't know to do the @chicken either. Nevermind, lol, clearly I figured it out.

lol,  a fellow Vedderite.  Last year's coho run was pretty good.  Also, the hatchery on the Chilliwack River doubled their production of White Chinook to feed the Orca's.  Not great eating but fun to catch.  I can see the end of the line for Salmon though eventually.  Hopefully not in my lifetime.  I'm doing more interior lake fishing now.  Way more relaxing and don't have to wake up at 4 in the morning.

1 minute ago, coho8888 said:

lol,  a fellow Vedderite.  Last year's coho run was pretty good.  Also, the hatchery on the Chilliwack River doubled their production of White Chinook to feed the Orca's.  Not great eating but fun to catch.  I can see the end of the line for Salmon though eventually.  Hopefully not in my lifetime.  I'm doing more interior lake fishing now.  Way more relaxing and don't have to wake up at 4 in the morning.

Coho was decent, Springs were sparse, Chum were the lowest I've ever seen. 

5 hours ago, higgyfan said:

The BC healthcare team knew that there would be little interest in the majority of parents sending their kids back to school, so it was more of a primer for schools opening later on.  With the low numbers, it was a safe environment. The teachers, staff and administrators have a much better idea of what to expect and have probably come up with some positive ideas for reopening later on. Nothing wrong with the plan and not a single child was infected.  No story change.

So essential care workers and health workers are uneducated? 

18 million kids are back in school in Japan.  My kids are there all day now.  One case of a teacher infected, and a few students  in all of Japan - but not contracted at school.  Not from the same schools or regions either.  No cluster reported at any schools - Kids have been back since mid-May.  It started 2 hours a day and most places it is back to normal with obvious guidelines.  Classes on uni campus are now gradually being opened.  Summer vacation for schools was shortened to only 2 weeks.  From the start of August many uni's are starting intensive on campus courses for those that cannot be done online.   

Edited by samurai
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Coho was decent, Springs were sparse, Chum were the lowest I've ever seen. 

The Chum are in trouble on the Vedder, Chehalis, Harrison and Stave.  Springs were in early and fishing was good in a few spots that they hung around in.  I just don't target them much.

Fresh Sockeye salmon is available in the Stores right now.  I believe they are from Port Alberni.

23 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

The Chum are in trouble on the Vedder, Chehalis, Harrison and Stave.  Springs were in early and fishing was good in a few spots that they hung around in.  I just don't target them much.

Fresh Sockeye salmon is available in the Stores right now.  I believe they are from Port Alberni.

The rockslide in the Fraser didn't help things.

• Vintage 1