The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

18 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

You'd think true "patriots" wouldn't mind wearing a mask since the inconvenience is to better their country.

I don't see why they can't just wear a pillow case over their heads.  Not like they haven't done that before.:P

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

The "free market" supporters are now demanding the government step in and tell businesses how to operate by allowing them in without a mask.

Remarkable

Well, Evolution has a way to rid itself of the weak, whether that weakness manifests itself physically or mentally.

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Seems like the number of cases in India is spreading rapidly like a wildfire.

You are right. This is just starting for them.

FD4AEB7B-D62D-4DD4-91D9-DD749883F141.jpeg

57A2E7DC-C208-4EDA-96A6-1F5AD90A19AD.jpeg

And those are the ones they catch out of 1.35 billion people, most of them without running water, jobs or masks, whereby self-distancing is impossible. 

The Brazil of the East.

Edited by Me_

U of T tests show Canadian-made mask deactivates 99% of SARS-CoV-2 virus

An antimicrobial coating developed by Quebec company I3 BioMedical Inc. can deactivate more than 99 per cent of SARS-CoV-2 – the virus that causes COVID-19 – on the outer surface of medical masks, tests carried out by University of Toronto scientists have shown.

https://www.utoronto.ca/news/u-t-tests-show-canadian-made-mask-deactivates-99-sars-cov-2-virus

Not sure if this was mentioned before.

• Vintage 2

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Why ? Didn't both Florida and BC governments fail to encourage their citizens to Mask up to protect fellow citizens ?

With better gov leadership here in BC would we have NZ numbers of covid ? I think they have 0 in hospital right now...

And if the King of Surrey was leading us the coranavirus would have been gone in a week!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

And if the King of Surrey was leading us the coranavirus would have been gone in a week!

I feel like i am back in middle school....

Wow......    if you are not up  for a. discussion... why view a discussion forum..... ?

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, zapperman said:

Fair, but at some point, spewing the same repetitive narrative ad nauseum ceases to be a discussion anymore. Brokenbc, right? I swear, if we removed all of your posts that said the exact same thing in this thread, we would only be at 500 pages. 

Do you have any point to make about covid...

or do you only post here to harass others.... ?  

COVID-19: Study suggests 8 times as many people in B.C. infected with virus than confirmed

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/covid-19-study-suggests-8-times-more-people-in-b-c-infected-with-virus-than-confirmed/wcm/f7e92acb-1122-4110-8c2e-8314e21b38aa/

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Do you have any point to make about covid...

or do you only post here to harass others.... ?  

COVID-19: Study suggests 8 times as many people in B.C. infected with virus than confirmed

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/covid-19-study-suggests-8-times-more-people-in-b-c-infected-with-virus-than-confirmed/wcm/f7e92acb-1122-4110-8c2e-8314e21b38aa/

This or similar is likely true everywhere outside of maybe South Korea who were testing at such a high number.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Seems like the number of cases in India is spreading rapidly like a wildfire.

Hmmmm, maybe they should stop testing so many people like Trump suggested. 

Edited by skolozsy2

I wonder if Georgians would like a do-over on their 2018 Gubernatorial election, or if they're as stupid as Brian Kemp:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/medical/coronavirus-updates-georgia-bans-cities-and-counties-from-requiring-masks/ar-BB16Oxly?li=AAggNb9

Georgia Republican Gov. Brian Kemp issued an executive order Wednesday night, which outright banned cities and counties in the state from issuing mask orders to help stop the spread of COVID-19.

The move, despite neighboring states like Alabama requiring masks in public, voided mask mandates in 15 local jurisdictions in the Peach State where they had been implemented.

While outlawing mask mandates, Kemp's executive order "strongly" encourages all residents and visitors in Georgia to "wear face coverings as practicable while outside their homes or place of residence, except when editing, drinking or exercising outdoors."

Kemp's order comes after Atlanta Mayor Keisha Bottom issued an executive order requiring masks or face coverings in the city on July 8.

Georgia: Putting the "dumb" in freedom.....:picard:

• Upvote 3

I think the US is in for a long world of hurt before they see the reduction side of COVID infections given their government structure and how fractured it is.  When various states that border each other are giving completely different instructions to their citizens it creates mayhem.  People will end up dying not just from COVID but possibly from vigilantism when someone shoots an out of state visitor because they don't agree with masks/no masks edict in the neighbouring state.  

People in BC have reacted badly to out of province license plates....and we don't carry guns.  Our level of being affronted is leaving a nasty note on someone's windshield.  

Even if the Dems win the Nov election, it's going to take a long time to clean up this mess if they can't get all the state leaders on the same page.  Their inability to park the partisan politics for the greater good is terrifying to watch.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I wonder if Georgians would like a do-over on their 2018 Gubernatorial election, or if they're as stupid as Brian Kemp:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/medical/coronavirus-updates-georgia-bans-cities-and-counties-from-requiring-masks/ar-BB16Oxly?li=AAggNb9

Don't think they could've changed it if they wanted to. Kemp basically ran the election himself and did a bunch of shady stuff to win.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

This or similar is likely true everywhere outside of maybe South Korea who were testing at such a high number.

And why hospital cases are a better indicator than actual cases.

35 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

General Sherman didn’t make Georgia howl loud enough.:P

• Haha 1