The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just watching Rand Paul's take on vaccinations. I was adopted, but when the polio vaccine was available, my biological grandfather would not let his children get vaccinated. One died at about 15, the other became a paraplegic living for the rest of her life in a wheel chair running everything through a puffer.

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Sickening / depressing  how much miss information has been spread by the BC government....

You should totally hold a protest, here is what I expect it will look like...

You (+mask)----6 feet----> 'plandemic' crowd (no masks)

Edited by Toews

1000th page. Woo hoo! 

Here in Alberta most things are open. Mostly with covid protocols in place. But I tell ya - the beaches are packed, more people are not keeping their space, and less people are wearing masks. We have already doubled or tripled our positive daily infection rates since reopening. 

While things here in Canada are somewhat in control, there are still too many cases. We are going to go into the flu season already in rough shape. 

Could be worse I guess. Just look South. They are absolutely f'd.

1 hour ago, skategal said:

Without supporting evidence that's a pretty crap comment to make.  What exactly are you referring to?  In your post you referenced an issue in California which one could argue is a vastly different scenario that what we've experienced in BC.  You keep beating the drum about what an awful job BC is doing, yet all indicators show that we have some of the lowest infection rates in the world.  

It's too bad you can't find your way out from the morass of negativity you are in.  It's tiresome.  I have blocked you, however I was occasionally checking your posts or would see them when someone else quoted you.  I kept hoping that you might shift a bit away from the constant negativity.  While certainly things in BC are not perfect, we are doing well.  Largely our citizens are demonstrating care and concern for each other and are all doing what we can to slow and contain COVID so we don't have people dying needlessly.  

With COVID-19 as with most things, one finds the information to support the narrative one wants to believe.  You seem to want to believe the worst.  Thankfully many others on this forum want to believe better.  

I saw a record amount of people wearing masks today......    that is great news.    So many smart people in BC that clearly get informed not only by our local media and bc government.....

10 minutes ago, kloubek said:

1000th page. Woo hoo! 

Here in Alberta most things are open. Mostly with covid protocols in place. But I tell ya - the beaches are packed, more people are not keeping their space, and less people are wearing masks. We have already doubled or tripled our positive daily infection rates since reopening. 

While things here in Canada are somewhat in control, there are still too many cases. We are going to go into the flu season already in rough shape. 

Could be worse I guess. Just look South. They are absolutely f'd.

In these days of global economy....  if the usa is f'd....   then we likely are too......

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

There won’t be any school in September.

JBP is doing announcement tomorrow, I bet it’s e-learning.

I think schools can reopen with safety protocols in place ....   but is BC gov willing to pay the extra costs is the real question. 

• Haha 1

On 7/15/2020 at 7:24 PM, Me_ said:

You are right. This is just starting for them.

FD4AEB7B-D62D-4DD4-91D9-DD749883F141.jpeg

57A2E7DC-C208-4EDA-96A6-1F5AD90A19AD.jpeg

And those are the ones they catch out of 1.35 billion people, most of them without running water, jobs or masks, whereby self-distancing is impossible. 

The Brazil of the East.

WTF happened that one day? 

• Haha 1

I saw a record amount of people wearing masks today......    that is great news.    So many smart people in BC that clearly get informed not only by our local media and bc government.....

Exclusive video of King of Surrey on the Skytrain where he uses a unique method of sending out the message of consequences of not wearing a mask:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I think schools can reopen with safety protocols in place ....   but is BC gov willing to pay the extra costs is the real question. 

Would that not be up to the school districts to get fit into their budgets?  Every other buisness has to buck up their own money for their staff, why would tax payers be on the hook for extra equipment when schools already get a budget?

55 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

How beautiful would it be if normal, empathetic, intelligent people started to fight back and started kicks ng the ever living sh!t out of these kinds of people?

I'd love to look down and say "you got knocked the **** out by a libtard".

10 minutes ago, Russ said:

Would that not be up to the school districts to get fit into their budgets?  Every other buisness has to buck up their own money for their staff, why would tax payers be on the hook for extra equipment when schools already get a budget?

Because we're public servants, we don't work for a private business. 

I put out over $500 of my own money every year for classroom things that should be supplied by the government........I shouldn't to pay for a mask to help save the lives of students and their loved ones, my colleagues and their loved ones or my loved ones.

Edited by stawns
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Because we're public servants, we don't work for a private business. 

I put out over $500 of my own money every year for classroom things that should be supplied by the government........I shouldn't to pay for a mask to help save the lives of students and their loved ones, my colleagues and their loved ones or my loved ones.

I am not getting into this with you again, we have both agreed that the budgets are too low.  Hell my dad was a teacher for 30+ years, I know all about how he had to work with PAC to get litterally 90% of his funding to keep his classroom functioning and how many hours he did outside of school hours just driving around burning gas galore to get stuff for his students.  He easily was spending thousands a year on fuel just getting supplies but he did it because of the students and knew it was part of his job unfortunately.  Districts are given budgets, now its time for the to pull money from one section, and go out and buy all the teachers reusable masks out of their yearly budgets.