The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing Proposal] A realistic way of signing Travis Hamonic without a trade

Read the post before answering, would you bring in Hamonic in this scenario  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

that explains waiver eligablity

I had a handle on that one too

It pertains to not losing a player to waivers

we had a similar situation recently, (last 2 years)  I can't remember exactly who it was though

Fun With the CBA! IR, LTIR, and Emergency Recalls – Canucksarmy

This is what you are referring to

the mumps

14 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Fun With the CBA! IR, LTIR, and Emergency Recalls – Canucksarmy

This is what you are referring to

the mumps

that was good

still does not cover cap

it did say IR does not allow over cap 

but LITR does

and IR is 7 days

so if they had the flu and needed IR a player could miss 5 games with a compressed Schedule, or 4 anyway.

but if I read that ritght, we can go over by 2 players with emergency recall then need to start putting players on IR

but that was about roster limit and not Cap $s

Is that how you read that?

31 minutes ago, lmm said:

I think I knew all that

but I thought you were asking about cap

that does not cover wwhen teams go over cap without LITR

that is what I thought you meant

I'd be intersted on what the current rule is a team was even with the $81.5M cap and needed a player short term

From the CBA. ARTICLE 50 50.11-50.11 

(e) Roster Emergency Exception.  In the event that (i) a Club has Payroll Room less than the sum of the Minimum Paragraph 1 NHL Salary and $100,000 (i.e., that Club's Averaged Club Salary is greater than the Upper Limit minus the Minimum Paragraph 1 NHL Salary minus $100,000); (ii) a Player on such Club becomes unfit or unable to play (i.e., is injured, ill or disabled and unable to perform his duties as a hockey Player) or is suspended; (iii) such Club is unable to sign and/or Recall a Player with an Averaged Amount equal to the Minimum Paragraph 1 NHL Salary plus $100,000 under the Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception; (iv) as a result of such Player being unfit or unable to play or suspended and the Club having Payroll Room less than the sum of the Minimum Paragraph 1 NHL Salary and $100,000, the Club has fewer than eighteen (18) skaters and two (2) goalies ("18 and 2") on its Playing Roster (pursuant to Section 16.4(c)); and (v) the Club played its previous game with fewer than 18 and 2 (a "Roster Emergency"), then such Club may, beginning with the second game and continuing with all subsequent games and without any charge to the Club's Averaged Club Salary for the duration of such Roster Emergency, add to its Playing Roster the requisite number of "emergency replacement" Player(s), provided, however, that (i) each such Player may not have an Averaged Amount that is more than the then-applicable Minimum Paragraph 1 NHL Salary plus $100,000 (e.g., $625,000 in 2012-13); and (ii) each such Player may only remain on that Club's Active Roster during the period of the "Roster Emergency." (i) The Paragraph 1 NHL Salary and Bonus of any Player added to the Playing Roster pursuant to this Section shall be included in the Players' Share. (ii) No Club shall be limited in the number of times it may invoke the Roster Emergency Exception in any League Year, provided that the Exception is at all times invoked in full compliance with this Section 50.10(e). 

2 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

From the CBA. ARTICLE 50 50.11-50.11 

(e) Roster Emergency Exception.  In the event that (i) a Club has Payroll Room less than the sum of the Minimum Paragraph 1 NHL Salary and $100,000 (i.e., that Club's Averaged Club Salary is greater than the Upper Limit minus the Minimum Paragraph 1 NHL Salary minus $100,000); (ii) a Player on such Club becomes unfit or unable to play (i.e., is injured, ill or disabled and unable to perform his duties as a hockey Player) or is suspended; (iii) such Club is unable to sign and/or Recall a Player with an Averaged Amount equal to the Minimum Paragraph 1 NHL Salary plus $100,000 under the Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception; (iv) as a result of such Player being unfit or unable to play or suspended and the Club having Payroll Room less than the sum of the Minimum Paragraph 1 NHL Salary and $100,000, the Club has fewer than eighteen (18) skaters and two (2) goalies ("18 and 2") on its Playing Roster (pursuant to Section 16.4(c)); and (v) the Club played its previous game with fewer than 18 and 2 (a "Roster Emergency"), then such Club may, beginning with the second game and continuing with all subsequent games and without any charge to the Club's Averaged Club Salary for the duration of such Roster Emergency, add to its Playing Roster the requisite number of "emergency replacement" Player(s), provided, however, that (i) each such Player may not have an Averaged Amount that is more than the then-applicable Minimum Paragraph 1 NHL Salary plus $100,000 (e.g., $625,000 in 2012-13); and (ii) each such Player may only remain on that Club's Active Roster during the period of the "Roster Emergency." (i) The Paragraph 1 NHL Salary and Bonus of any Player added to the Playing Roster pursuant to this Section shall be included in the Players' Share. (ii) No Club shall be limited in the number of times it may invoke the Roster Emergency Exception in any League Year, provided that the Exception is at all times invoked in full compliance with this Section 50.10(e). 

bingo

so if we go over cap we can bring up league minimum players

or was that $800K, minimum + $100,K

for the duration of the injury

as per Cap Friendly

we could bring up Hawryluk, Gajovich, Bailey, Michealis, or Graovac, Sautner, Brisebois, Chatfield, Rafferty or Teves

but not, Hoglander, Lind, Jasek, Palmu, Lockwood, Joulevi, Woo or Eliot

did I read that right?

Edited by lmm

1 minute ago, lmm said:

no if the team is at the max of the cap and has no cap space or not enough cap space. the team can not be over the cap prior to calling up the emergency players

then yes the team can call up a player with a salary of maximum 800k

4 minutes ago, lmm said:

this is why Toronto signs a lot of players for 800k or less on one way contracts and Toronto did have to use this once last year

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, lmm said:

and do you recall what we did during the mumps?

I believe Erik Gudbranson was on IR at the time and the Canucks placed him on LTIR cause his Injury was going to be long enough to get him on LTIR.

So the Canucks actually had enough LTIR room to replace players  

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

21 minutes ago, lmm said:

i appreciate that you are willing to back your arguments up with evidence

(ii) No Club shall be limited in the number of times it may invoke the Roster Emergency Exception in any League Year, provided that the Exception is at all times invoked in full compliance with this Section 50.10(e).

I forgot to through this in

Just now, lmm said:

so things could get dicey if our taxi squad was filled with LE, Sven  and Sutter( because some have him off the roster)

My guess is there will be no Hamonic  Eriksson will be on the team Sutter give me a break the guy is on the team and I don't see Bear on the taxi squad at all 

• Huggy Bear 1

(ii) No Club shall be limited in the number of times it may invoke the Roster Emergency Exception in any League Year, provided that the Exception is at all times invoked in full compliance with this Section 50.10(e).

I forgot to through this in

otherwise LE would have a equipment allergy

My guess is there will be no Hamonic  Eriksson will be on the team Sutter give me a break the guy is on the team and I don't see Bear on the taxi squad at all 

if we are a cap team, better to have $700K players on taxi