The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Could Do Us A Solid.

Rate this topic

Cat Man

9 minutes ago, mll said:

Scouts don’t earn that kind of salary - the penalties for trying to circumvent the cap are severe.   Luongo earns market rate for an entry level position. Benning talked to the league to make sure.   

I tried to find what Luongo's salary is now and couldn't find it.  Do you know? 

Yeah they'd have to hire him to run the scouting department for that kind of money, and I don't think I want that.  But dag nab it, there must be something creative they could do to goad him into retiring his playing contract.

6 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Yeah they'd have to hire him to run the scouting department for that kind of money, and I don't think I want that.  But dag nab it, there must be something creative they could do to goad him into retiring his playing contract.

Its not public as far as I know. Simply saw Benning’s quote about talking to the league and that it’s market for an entry level at that position.   

37 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Francesco could buy say a 10% stake in Eriksson's restaurant for $3-4m... :lol:

Edited by aGENT
  • Haha 1

On 12/21/2020 at 1:12 AM, ImConfused said:

Yeah and then Bettman hits us with a 6 million cap re-tolling penalty until 2030.

Just park Loui in the press box until he retires from an equipment allergy or whatnot.

The only solids he's going to be doing us, are scoring when the net is empty.

regards,  G.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...