The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Granlund back to NSH

57 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Surprising!

Though he did start to rebound there after the coaching change and finished the year strong.

Hopefully for his sake he can continue the way he finished. Was a shame to see him struggle so much after his success with the Wild.

Just now, Master Mind said:

Hopefully for his sake he can continue the way he finished. Was a shame to see him struggle so much after his success with the Wild.

Yeah, hate to see good players lay an egg after a trade.

Had to be tough too, IIRC his wife had a baby basically when he was traded. Then he never really got a footing, floated around the lineup and dealt with some injuries I think. Probably not a lot of fun...lol

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, hate to see good players lay an egg after a trade.

Had to be tough too, IIRC his wife had a baby basically when he was traded. Then he never really got a footing, floated around the lineup and dealt with some injuries I think. Probably not a lot of fun...lol

Yep, child being born shortly after being traded would make it tough to adapt to a new team. Also didn't help that nearly every Nashville forward forgot how to score :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Yep, child being born shortly after being traded would make it tough to adapt to a new team. Also didn't help that nearly every Nashville forward forgot how to score :lol:

Nashville has forwards that know how to score?

who

I mean who knew?

• Haha 1

Granlund was one of the more difficult players to assess. Based on his play in Minnesota he is worth 5-6 million, based on his play in Nashville he is worth about 2-3. Given he is still only 28 and has played only one full season in Nashville I guess his prior play helped him earn a decent paycheck albeit a show me contract with the 1 year. 

Edited by canucklehead44