The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jack Roslovic requests trade

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I feel like a few years ago JB would be all over this type of move. Glad we are past that stage 

This kids legit. Would be fantastic on our 2nd line as a winger. He just wants an opportunity. they added Stastny when he thought he'd get a 2nd line role. The guy has game.

• Like 1

Maybe the Jets would like Ferlands LTIR potential with a few players this way that way.

Little covers that for them. should have checked capfriendly before posting. Ferland lives in Manitoba so I was hoping I guess.

Edited by RWMc1

Feel like they'd want a young D player/ prospect/ pick in return?  No question that he's got upside but the Jets' back end is kinda suspect still (Morrissey, Pionk, Heinola, Forbort, etc. are solid but no star back there).

Wonder if they'd get equitable value to what Arizona got for trading Dylan Strome (Roslovic + for good young D-man).  

Edited by Phil_314

10 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

This kids legit. Would be fantastic on our 2nd line as a winger. He just wants an opportunity. they added Stastny when he thought he'd get a 2nd line role. The guy has game.

Fair enough. And maybe he’ll be a good player but I’ve seen this type of situation before. Obviously Winnipeg didn’t feel he was ready for a second line role. Should be some takers one would think 

Well we do need help on our 2nd line RW.  I remain unconvinced that Jake will be able to step up and fill that role.

The Jets have cap space with Little not playing this season (I believe).  

If they took a bunch of cap from us we can swap Virtanen and Rafferty for Roslovic :)

We could then fill a hole on RD to upgrade on Benn.

Edited by Provost

13 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

I’d be willing to part with a prospect, Gaudette & maybe a 3rd, preferably a 4th.

I love Gauds, this is tough for me to even say.

Is Roslovic that much better than Gaudette? Both seem to be centers that aren't great on draws and Gaudette already has had a slightly better offensive season than Roslovic. Roslovic got about 2+ minutes more a night than Gaudette both playing a similar 2nd PP role and no PK.

I think they would have to add if we are moving Gaudette especially given that Roslovic is requesting a trade out which loses some leverage for them.

• Cheers 2

@#Canucks I don't disagree that Roslovic likely replaces Gaudette's spot if we do acquire him. I just don't think we should be adding if they are the principle of the trade. We have a player that signed cheap to prove himself and wants to earn a bigger role and he had slightly better numbers last season and they are only a few months different in age. That combined with the fact that Roslovic has requested out loses leverage for them.

Roslovic may have potential to be better, but he's been getting more minutes than Gaudette and Winnipeg has been a better team than ours, so there's no excuse of quality of the team. If Roslovic wants top PP time, he likely wouldn't get it here either.

Edited by theo5789

8 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

@#Canucks I don't disagree that Roslovic likely replaces Gaudette's spot if we do acquire him. I just don't think we should be adding if they are the principle of the trade. We have a player that signed cheap to prove himself and wants to earn a bigger role and he had slightly better numbers last season and they are only a few months different in age. That combined with the fact that Roslovic has requested out loses leverage for them.

Roslovic may have potential to be better, but he's been getting more minutes than Gaudette and Winnipeg has been a better team than ours, so there's no excuse of quality of the team. If Roslovic wants top PP time, he likely wouldn't get it here either.

I fully accept your perspective. It’s fair.

• Cheers 1