The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Capitals sign Zdeno Chara

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Meh 

he’s a 43 year old bottom pairing D at this point.  Can’t blame the Bruins for cutting ties 

He's the perfect depth dman with runway left in his career. Cheap contract, can move up the lineup if need be, great leader, cup pedigree, 

is a legend in Boston. Just a weird move imho. 

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Azzy said:

Vatanen, Hamonic, Hainsey, Hutton, Bowey and Manning all options for them. If they get two of those they could do okay still.

Still a significant loss for the Bruins. Chara may be a shell of his former self, but losing that kinda leadership and experience is massive.

Bergeron is the next captain, without a doubt.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Hopefully Ovi steps up and calls him out if he tries to pull any of the garbage he did in Boston. It will be a huge culture shock for him to play for a respectable team.

I hate Boston with a passion but wasn't Chara the undeniable leader on that team for a decade?  When H.Sedin was tore up in a game Chara told the Bruins to take it easy on him.  How did the Bruins not come up with league min for the guy.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Bell said:

I hate Boston with a passion but wasn't Chara the undeniable leader on that team for a decade?  When H.Sedin was tore up in a game Chara told the Bruins to take it easy on him.  How did the Bruins not come up with league min for the guy.

Chara's definitely an emotional leader. Tends to let his emotions get the better of him at times and is overly protective of his teammates.

37 minutes ago, Bell said:

He's also one of the biggest divers in the history of the sport and should have been imprisoned for his criminal assault on Pacioretty.  His influence is a big reason why the Bruins are such a disgrace to the sport; I have absolutely zero respect for that gutless piece of trash.  Props to Benning for not bringing in a guy with servere character issues like Chara.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, morgo said:

Surprising development indeed.  This leaves Boston with only 4 members of their 2011 roster left; Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand and Rask.  Pasta getting the C would be a good bet.

Bergeron will 100% be getting the C.

No debate needed.

4 minutes ago, morgo said:

Surprising development indeed.  This leaves Boston with only 4 members of their 2011 roster left; Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand and Rask.  Pasta getting the C would be a good bet.

If Berg doesn't get the C that would even more wrong and I would love it even more.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He's also one of the biggest divers in the history of the sport and should have been imprisoned for his criminal assault on Pacioretty.  His influence is a big reason why the Bruins are such a disgrace to the sport; I have absolutely zero respect for that gutless piece of trash.  Props to Benning for not bringing in a guy with servere character issues like Chara.

Lol. I see you hold Chara and Lucic in the same regard. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

I could see Bruins go after Hamonic 

Wouldn't be surprising, but what would be surprising was if Hamonic went for Boston 

Particularly after asking to be traded closer to home a few years back, he also skipped the 2020 playoffs to protect his family 

His little girl contracted a serious respiratory virus in the past, doubt he'd be taking his family to the US of all places 

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't sign somewhere in Canada  

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

His hit on Pacioretty was brutal but I don't really recall him as a diver.  I see you hate the Bruins like I do, but I have always had more distain for Marchand.