The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Capitals sign Zdeno Chara

On 12/30/2020 at 8:11 PM, canuck73_3 said:

Clifton stepped up big in the playoffs and last season and with Krug leaving they took advantage of the opportunity to re-tool defence thinking they sign a vet or 2 to balance out but will mostly rebuild defence from within. 

On 12/30/2020 at 8:17 PM, N7Nucks said:

Boston likely going youthful. Try for a Rangers-esque retool. Play some kids. Let em develop. Chara probably feels he can still play regularly. 

I definitely feel like there is a bit of bad blood here. It seems to me Chara wanted a lengthier contract with a bit of money. When that fell through he signed with the Caps to truly show them the error of their ways. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play another year on top of this one. 

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I definitely feel like there is a bit of bad blood here. It seems to me Chara wanted a lengthier contract with a bit of money. When that fell through he signed with the Caps to truly show them the error of their ways. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play another year on top of this one. 

If he really had bad blood with his former team, he would’ve signed with their bitter rivals...the Habs.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1