The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

No it looked like a bit of a slewfoot on the boards...hauled him down but they went down backwards from what I saw.  Like a rug pulled out from under them deal.  But maybe that was AFTER the low blow?

It was sorta funny seeing Motte slap Gaudettes stick away after the fall, and after the fight, Gaudette went to give Motte an extra jab on the shoulder.  Boys just being ultra competitive, they sometimes drive too hard.

If there is actual beef between the two, they will settle it quickly.

• Cheers 1

Just now, StiffStick33 said:

Hughes plays 3 straight OT shifts. BEAST...

Holy F. Still can't believe hes ours.. 

everytime he has the puck, time slows down. it's almost obvious when he's about to pull of a spin along the boards, but it doesn't matter his edges are tight.

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Just watched the rest

Olli looks Edler-like. Steady Eddie and steady Juolevi. He has decent hands in tight for his size. Really poised and balanced D-man

Woo looked good today. You saw his potential.

Rathbone gonna be good as he gets pro experience.

Rafferty should probably be an extra. 

Yes Rathbone and Lockwood have potential just need half season seasoning

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

everytime he has the puck, time slows down. it's almost obvious when he's about to pull of a spin along the boards, but it doesn't matter his edges are tight.

If NHL players go to the next olympics, hughes is going to win them a medal on his own, hopefully not gold ;)

Would be hard not to cheer for him 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I thought Rafferty was solid.  Could tell he wanted to do more to impress but I liked how he handled the puck in the offensive zone.

Lockwood has a swagger to him

Chatfield/Rathbone looked a bit unsure/nervous. 

Scmidt is going to be a JT Miller-esque upgrade on the back end

i thought rathbone looked solid tonight.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

How fast could our bottom six be in a few years if some of these guys make it with Jasek, Lockwood, Bailey, McEwan, Michaelis (sp?), Lind adds some passing skill and abrasiveness maybe Pods to start plus Gaud, Motte.

I'm not sure about Lind. Lockwood & Michaelis seem like good bets, I don't think Michaelis is that far off actually (I'd have him on the taxi squad).

Big Mac will already be on the roster, Bailey will be taxi squad - but can help immediately if inserted into the lineup. Then you have Podkolzin coming into the lineup in April, that's going to be exciting. 

2 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

How fast could our bottom six be in a few years if some of these guys make it with Jasek, Lockwood, Bailey, McEwan, Michaelis (sp?), Lind adds some passing skill and abrasiveness maybe Pods to start plus Gaud, Motte.

I see Jasek, Lockwood more as third liners,

McEwen as fourth liners. Still need to see more of Michaelis, Lind

14 minutes ago, PositionOfPower said:

Although Gauds is mad still think Motte and him don't get along

Prolly somethig happened in 2015/16 between U of M and Northeastern that involved them (or maybe Gaud chirps Motte about his just being a HB finalist?)

Edited by Googlie

One dude just hating on Pearson haha posters are funny as hell sometimes

21goals. Been nothing but an awesome linemate for Bo. Remember when he didn’t have one like his entire career 

anyways great game. I was pretty satisfied with mostly everyone. Good for the goalies to have solid outing before the real stuff starts

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Just now, Devron44 said:

One dude just hating on Pearson haha posters are funny as hell sometimes

21goals. Been nothing but an awesome linemate for Bo. Remember when he didn’t have one like his entire career 

anyways great game. I was pretty satisfied with mostly everyone. Good for the goalies to have solid outing before the real stuff starts

Reason I believe is he kinda disappeares in the playoffs eventhough he has a cup

• Upvote 2