The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

I suspect cuts tomorrow. Regardless I feel like we are gonna be a very deep team soon. I feel like players like Brisbois and Sautner are going to get passed on the depth chart here but in reality I think could be 6-8th defencemen on other teams. Who would have thought. Our defence is shaping up quite nicely 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yep. I think we should expect players like Gadjovich, Michaelis, Brisebois, Sautner, Teves, Woo, DiPietro, Kielly in the next round of cuts.

Don't we have to cut at least one person to add Hamonic to the training camp roster? Because of the 36 person limit?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

Motte slewfooted him and Gaud got pissed. Glad Gaudette reacted how he did.

Motte took out Hawryluk earlier.  Motte playing with an edge and maybe over it a bit.

Never a bad thing 3 days before the season starts for real. Get ready boys!

Motte really badly slew foot Hawryluk too. Just got to that point f the stream. I was able to watch it a couple times.

Did Lockwood get into a battle with Myers around halfway through the 2nd period, and end up putting Myers flat on his ***, or did I just imagine that?

Haven’t seen a replay clip or any comments on Twitter or anywhere, but I remember there being a sequence where Lockwood basically muscled the big man down.

In any case, I liked Will’s battle and energy tonight. Kid has a ton of moxie, and has looked good through camp.

Almost certainly he’s Utica bound this year, but I remain a believer that he has the goods to be an NHLer one day, maybe as soon as next season, or the following year, as some of the veteran forwards finish their contracts, and spots start to open up in the bottom six.

EDIT: also curious where Lockwood weighs in now? He still gets listed around 170ish, but he looked jacked on the recent zoom interviews, and he’s a really strong kid for his stature (5’11”), so I’m thinking he’s maybe closer to the 180-190ish range these days?

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

.....you and the horse you rode in on.

B)

...Am I wrong though?

Gotta be a little out there to choose to stand in front of those biscuits.

I mean I'm usually standing in front of the guy standing in front of those things only with less padding, so the backs of my legs maaaaaay have an opinion on goalies :lol:

• Cheers 1