The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Petey really is a hardgainer ain’t he? People convinced he is going to show up at camp suddenly bigger might have to rethink that.

LOVE the fact that Hoglander is being an opportunity to impress with some good players...even in practice. Travis Green puts fitness and dedication to hockey craft really high and Hog certainly fits the bill from everything we have heard about him.

Jake looks a bit leaner in the face than he did last year from my recollection. Going to guess he is not the 228 pounds he was at last seasons camp.

Even in the short clips Rathbone really impresses. I see the number 3 and instantly think Bieksa...then I’m like, Kevin didn’t skate like THAT.

These are my thoughts for now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Petey really is a hardgainer ain’t he? People convinced he is going to show up at camp suddenly bigger might have to rethink that.

LOVE the fact that Hoglander is being an opportunity to impress with some good players...even in practice. Travis Green puts fitness and dedication to hockey craft really high and Hog certainly fits the bill from everything we have heard about him.

Jake looks a bit leaner in the face than he did last year from my recollection. Going to guess he is not the 228 pounds he was at last seasons camp.

Even in the short clips Rathbone really impresses. I see the number 3 and instantly think Bieksa...then I’m like, Kevin didn’t skate like THAT.

These are my thoughts for now. 

I love that Petey speaks his mind and doesn't pander.

I was caught off guard seeing #3.   

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Further to the Jake question:  Happy with who he's got and not worried about where they play, happy with who he's got.

Love this comment:  "if you asked coaches if they'd like 4 Millers on the right side they'd say yes".  

Jake could become Miller 2.0 if he wanted it bad enough 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Thing is, when Stech rode to/from the rink in Vancouver it was uphill one way.  He was a warrior...hope he has one helluva year in Detroit.

Annnnd, I better change my sig soon.

Edited by debluvscanucks

Yeesh, Jake in top shape and finally taking things seriously and Hoglander impressing? 

This would be exciting:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Hoglander - Horvat - Virtanen

I'd be okay trading Pearson for some added toughness/speed in the bottom 6, or draft pick

• Cheers 1

I really need to head over to my local Safeway for a grocery run....but I’m having a hard time peeling myself away from this thread. Damn y’all for posting all these training camp vids and stories! But also, bless you!

Aw crap, I better go and get it done. I expect to see a ton more stuff when I return though! ;)

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Locke Lamora said:

I really need to head over to my local Safeway for a grocery run....but I’m having a hard time peeling myself away from this thread. Damn y’all for posting all these training camp vids and stories! But also, bless you!

Aw crap, I better go and get it done. I expect to see a ton more stuff when I return though! ;)

I'm the same....stuff to do, buuuut....

My daughter called and I was like "OK SURE SOUNDS GOOD LOVE YOU BYE"  (She knows the drill when it's hockey time)