The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Why is Motte slew footing his teammates like that? He doesn't even do that against opponents, lol.

Maybe he’s feeling the pressure to make the team.

Kind of suspect he’s taking out guys he’s competing with for spots. 

I mean Matt Cooke was a fan favourite here and he did this kind of stuff all the time. Motter just needs to learn not to do it to teammates.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

But... was it designed by a non aboriginal guy... ?
/s

Who knows right? bet it makes the news!! lol man I bet some SWAT team members are jealous of that piece of protection!!! wow!

Edited by iceman64

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean Matt Cooke was a fan favourite here and he did this kind of stuff all the time. Motter just needs to learn not to do it to teammates.

Hopefully Benning himself tears a strip off him! 

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Two slewfoots in a scrimmage, I think you might be right.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I was thinking the competition thing too but unless he admits it... hard to know... sad but hard to know.. 

43 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I'm having a hard time biting my lip with all this Motte outrage.  

The "slew foot" on JC is people just reading into it way too much. Just part of the play.

The one on Gaudette is just guys competing.  Did you notice anyone else on the team intervene?  So what if things got a little bit nasty there?  All sorts of things could have lead/lead up to it.  EP slashed Gaudette for holding his stick and no one is crying foul about that and it should be the same thing with Motte/Gaudette.  

Listen to the clip. It sounds like Gaudette elbowed him earlier in the shift

• Cheers 1

Weighing in on the discussion of hoglander being on horvats line for the entirety of camp.

Gaudette has played with horvat for 40 mins and pearson for 100 minutes last year. I'm sure green expects the same type of chemistry between them. the same can be said for virtanen and boeser with horvat. Green is being creative with having Hoglander on Bo's line, and I believe he's pairing them together to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

2. Horvats line plays against the top competition, every time horvat's line was out so was petey's. Pairing these two lines against each other allows Green to see how well Hoglander plays against top competition. the 30 or 40 minutes of time seen with hoglander playing against elite competition is just as valuable as seeing the chemistry with Bo.

Green is getting the most looks at the player's most likely to crack the lineup, It's up to the player's to prove they belong.

• Cheers 1