The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

Maybe finish reading what he had to say?

Maybe his post was edited after my reply? Do you know how to check a time stamp? Maybe do you want some help with that? Maybe tone down the snarky assed reply? 

Edited by Davathor
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Hamonic is going to be a huge addition to this club. I've always liked his game. I love Chris Tanev and will miss him sorely, but I'd take Hamonic on a one year show me deal vs the long term deal Tanev got given the state of the Canucks cap and the direction they are heading. 

I think when we missed out on OEL. Treleving thought he could screw over the Canucks by signing Tanev lol. But it actually ended up improving our defence.

Schmidt lands on JB's lap and we get Hamonic (who was their best pker last season) :emot-parrot:  

Just now, Davathor said:

Maybe his post was edited after my reply? Do you know how to check a time stamp? Maybe do you want done help with that? Maybe tone down the snarky assed reply 

Easy pal. I was on my phone and didn't see the edit. I just saw a bunch of people chirping directly below a long thread of info.

If you want me to tone down the snark maybe try not to escalate :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davathor said:

Maybe his post was edited after my reply? Do you know how to check a time stamp? Maybe do you want done help with that? Maybe tone down the snarky assed reply 

We should have waited before unleashing our unfair torrent of hatred on poor Drance.

I accept full responsibility for both of us, Davathor. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

We should have waited before unleashing our unfair torrent of hatred on poor Drance.

I accept full responsibility for both of us, Davathor. 

My general rule is, three deep breaths before a personal attack. It works wonders :ph34r:

EDIT: Also gives Vintage enough time to edit lol

Edited by Chronic.Canucks.Fan
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

our defence looks so sexy on paper! huge upgrade from last season. Then our last line of defence has Demko and Holtby B)

Agreed.

On paper our D looks as good as it has in a very, very long time (probably not as good as 2011, but better than most since). 

I am somewhat concerned about our scoring though.  Miller/Pettersson/Horvat all had fantastic years and we were top 8 in overall goals for - is it realistic for this to happen back-to-back years and at the same time also have career years from Pearson/Virt/Gaud?  I hope so, but I'm realistic at the same time.  Our top 6 is going to be under heavy pressure to produce regularly as I don't see our bottom 6 helping out much on the scoring - although you never know how offense from the D might drive play. 

• Like 1