The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, Millsy said:

Minus the hitting. Ohlund could hammer people. Not part of OJ’s game unfortunately 

We will see what is and isn’t part of OJ’s game shortly, but I never see him hitting like Ohlund. I remember one hit big #2 leveled on Ryan Smith the then Oilers Captain. He hit him so hard coming down the boards that both of Smith’s gloves came off. 

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

He was a top 10 finalist for the Hobey Baker award last year for Minnesota State. Good two way centre and captain of the team the last two years. Has looked pretty good in the camp scrimmages. Not a kid, he is 25.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/71958/marc-michaelis

Had the same question. didn't notice him too much in the scrimmage but honestly was focusing more on other players.

earlier 2020 comments...

“It was well-established going into this season that Marc Michaelis would be one of the big names in undrafted NCAA free agency. His robust scoring profile at Minnesota State (Mankato) and competent showings in international competition for Team Germany warranted that sort of attention, too. Michaelis is a pass-first skater that can play just about any position at forward. He has about NHL-level offensive instincts, vision, and defensive habits, too. The big hurdle for Michaelis is going to be improving his skating. There’s plenty of room for growth there. If everything breaks right, I like Michaelis’ chances of developing into a fourth-line forward at the NHL level.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2