The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

50 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

I don’t question Toffoli’s hands, but his speed was not at NHL average the last few seasons. Toffoli has that goal scorer IQ.  Then again so did Loui Ericksson when he was signed.  Just saying.

tofu wasnt playing 100 percent and even rooster wasnt, they both said it in interviews, but im glad with what we did in the off season.

• Wat 1

On 1/10/2021 at 8:06 AM, Camel Toe Drag said:

Did you actually notice or did you here him say that on 650 when was being interviewed Friday? 

I noticed it when I saw some clips. I haven't seen the interview that you've mentioned. 

I am a goalie myself and I always notice gear changes on other goalies. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Googlie said:

Lol - after Ducks 3rd goal before 10 mins were up I can see why this was voted "must watch" game by Ducks fans (Canucks were leading the Pacific Division at that time).   Gave up and looked at score - Demko was in net and we lost  by 5 -1.

So what else is on  TV?

I was at that game. It was downright awful to sit through as it was just one of those games that nothing went our way. 

14 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Ladies and gentlemen, Travis Hamonic.

EreTOAZU0AAYC9s?format=jpg&name=large

EreTOAZVgAArQVo?format=jpg&name=large

Besides Hughes & Petey

Oddly to some I am sure, I am most excited to see Hamonic launch of any player the Benning era.  Schmidt a close 2knd.

I always want a fast, skilled, hard to play against D. Hamonic is all that!   

And such a coup getting each of them, as we did...

That is a pretty solid lineup Green's icing there with a lot of guarantees and not many wrinkles.

Up front our top line is as solid as they come - we know what we're getting, they will produce offence.

Our 2nd line is pretty solid now too, with only Hoglander as the question mark. To be honest it doesn't matter how he does - if he doesn't produce, we've got a long list of guys waiting to take a turn on Bo's line (Virtanen, Gaudette).

Our 4th line is probably one of the best in the league and will get a lot of minutes on the PK.

I think our big question mark is that third line - how Virtanen and Gaudette will come to the season. They're the big question marks but they're primed for a big offensive year so we might see 2 offensive lines (Pettersson and Gaudette's line) with Bo and our 4th line doing a lot of checking. Will make for some interesting matchups for sure.

On defence we've never had more of a stable 3 pairs to be honest. Myers is a capable 20-23 minute top-4 defenceman playing on our 3rd pairing. Of course Juolevi is the unknown, but Green and JB are doing a hell of a job easing the kids into the lineup each year, with a couple of rookies moving up each year. This is how you build a contender, not just thrusting your rookies in, but Green's got a nice graduation plan and it's ticking along nicely. 

The PP really shouldn't be any worse than last year, if not a bit better, and I think the PK will hopefully be about the same but really depends on our goaltending which is the only wild card of the season - how Holtby and Demko play. It's pretty unlikely they both have horrible seasons, I'm sure we'll see a 50% split but if either falters, the other can surely take the reins.

On the whole, pretty excited to see what this team can do. Everyone in our division has just about gotten better so it won't be easy.

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

That is a pretty solid lineup Green's icing there with a lot of guarantees and not many wrinkles.

Up front our top line is as solid as they come - we know what we're getting, they will produce offence.

Our 2nd line is pretty solid now too, with only Hoglander as the question mark. To be honest it doesn't matter how he does - if he doesn't produce, we've got a long list of guys waiting to take a turn on Bo's line (Virtanen, Gaudette).

Our 4th line is probably one of the best in the league and will get a lot of minutes on the PK.

I think our big question mark is that third line - how Virtanen and Gaudette will come to the season. They're the big question marks but they're primed for a big offensive year so we might see 2 offensive lines (Pettersson and Gaudette's line) with Bo and our 4th line doing a lot of checking. Will make for some interesting matchups for sure.

On defence we've never had more of a stable 3 pairs to be honest. Myers is a capable 20-23 minute top-4 defenceman playing on our 3rd pairing. Of course Juolevi is the unknown, but Green and JB are doing a hell of a job easing the kids into the lineup each year, with a couple of rookies moving up each year. This is how you build a contender, not just thrusting your rookies in, but Green's got a nice graduation plan and it's ticking along nicely. 

The PP really shouldn't be any worse than last year, if not a bit better, and I think the PK will hopefully be about the same but really depends on our goaltending which is the only wild card of the season - how Holtby and Demko play. It's pretty unlikely they both have horrible seasons, I'm sure we'll see a 50% split but if either falters, the other can surely take the reins.

On the whole, pretty excited to see what this team can do. Everyone in our division has just about gotten better so it won't be easy.

why is this even a question anymore?  He progresses every year and is a legitimate 20 goal threat.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1