The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I see an improved Top 6 with the addition of Hoglander and Boeser looking his best so far.

I see an improvement to the Bottom 6 with Loui gone, and Gaud and Jake about to take the next step. Not to mention adding Podkolzin to the Bottom 6 down the stretch to the playoffs.

I see a big improvement on D, gone are (the man o glass) Tanev and (that smallish hard worker who rarely gets rewarded) Stecher. In is Schmidt, Juolevi, Hamonic and Rathbone. Night and day. 

And to think the Canucks went on an impressive run last year with a team not as good IMO. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

What a &^@#ing wet blanket. 

Yes, people are celebrating that Jim improved the team yet again with the deepest, best defense this team has had in a decade. And despite a pandemic and horse $&!# Luongo cap re-crapture that were both entirely out of his hands, managed to do all that under the cap.

Forgive us for being happy and excited Thomas! :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

What the heck is this dude’s problem LOL

After not much digging I've figured it out, was actually a personal beef. So directed shot.

The thing about holding on so tightly to prior criticism is many teams were in this scenario given the flat cap.

Ive criticized them for the bad contracts many times, but I see no reason not to be optimistic given what they managed to do.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Can't be optimistic about the team apparently

Thomas Drance, or as @Davathor has succinctly stated DUHrance, is a miserable twerp who people should just avoid altogether. I believe he may have been the original analytics geek who spawned Canucks Army. He’s a joke. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

After not much digging I've figured it out, was actually a personal beef. So directed shot.

The thing about holding on so tightly to prior criticism is many teams were in this scenario given the flat cap.

Ive criticized them for the bad contracts many times, but I see no reason not to be optimistic given what they managed to do.

Still, he’s a miserable (expletive deleted). 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Thomas Drance, or as @Davathor has succinctly stated DUHrance, is a miserable twerp who people should just avoid altogether. I believe he may have been the original analytics geek who spawned Canucks Army. He’s a joke. 

He's the only Van media guy I've ever seen attack/create beefs with fans of the team.

To his credit he works hard, has contacts & has had some great stories. But at some point I had to stop following. A little too self righteous.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He's the only Van media guy I've ever seen attack/create beefs with fans of the team.

To his credit he works hard, has contacts & has had some great stories. But at some point I had to stop following. A little too self righteous.

It's that self-righteousness that is the biggest issue. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Only real concern was Brisebois glad he’s still in the organization 

Mostly agreed.

So far unable to put it together at this level, but I also have a soft spot for Bailey. Kid has ALL the tools... If he can ever figure it out...

• Cheers 1