The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Mostly agreed.

So far unable to put it together at this level, but I also have a soft spot for Bailey. Kid has ALL the tools... If he can ever figure it out...

I’m one of the few that isn’t big on Bailey I guess. He’s got wheels but that’s all I see out of him. Good depth piece though 

3 hours ago, skategal said:

I tip my cap once again to GMJB and the Canucks management.  It would appear that our team is stronger and more skilled than last season once again.  I've seen growth and improvement year over year for a few seasons now.  For all the angst, hand wringing and teeth knashing that occurs in the media, on CDC and probably anywhere more than one Canuck fan communicates, it would seem that they know what they are doing and they have a plan.  Cap issues - appear to be dealt with.  Defense - improved.  Forwards - improved.  Goaltending - maybe slight decline or holding steady.  Should be an entertaining season - buckle up everyone!  

What a great post and way to start the day on the right foot. I’ll have a full glass of your coffee this morning. Cheers and one more day until hockey Christmas!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I see Kielly has been assigned to Utica. Interesting they are keeping Mikey up

it doesn't surprise me at all. they get a free pass to have him practice all year with NHL players and ian clark, he's almost guaranteed to get some game action at some point, and the way I see it, chances are decent that the ahl season gets canceled or runs into major roadblocks anyway, which would completely ruin an important development year. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

Just now, tas said:

it doesn't surprise me at all. they get a free pass to have him practice all year with NHL players and ian clark, he's almost guaranteed to get some game action at some point, and the way I see it, chances are decent that the ahl season gets canceled or runs into major roadblocks anyway, which would completely ruin an important development year. 

Yeah the more I think about it, this is the best outcome for DiPietro. He gets a whole season of practice with NHL shooters and coaches. Obviously you want him playing games but considering there may not have even been an AHL season this year, this is a great way to continue his development.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

6 minutes ago, tas said:

t doesn't surprise me at all. they get a free pass to have him practice all year with NHL players and ian clark, he's almost guaranteed to get some game action at some point, and the way I see it, chances are decent that the ahl season gets canceled or runs into major roadblocks anyway, which would completely ruin an important development year. 

2 minutes ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

Yeah the more I think about it, this is the best outcome for DiPietro. He gets a whole season of practice with NHL shooters and coaches. Obviously you want him playing games but considering there may not have even been an AHL season this year, this is a great way to continue his development.

I can dig what you guys are saying for the simple fact that he has Ian Clark. I wonder if the can switch at some point thought out the season is things go well. I know quarantining yatta yatta. Just a thought 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

AC379E23-C0D2-4E6D-9359-F557AA860817.png

To be fair, IIRC, DiPietro doesn't require waivers. They can still send him down to Utica at any time.

Perhaps Benning still has a trade in the works for a goalie that cleared waivers yesterday (with NHL experience)...

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

To be fair, IIRC, DiPietro doesn't require waivers. They can still send him down to Utica at any time.

Perhaps Benning still has a trade in the works for a goalie that cleared waivers yesterday (with NHL experience)...

I can easily see a veteran backup/AHL guy eventually being the 3rd tender. Not to mention, the AHL season is a month away, so give Mikey some NHL pro practice and coaching for 4 weeks. Then let him carry the load in the A.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

What the heck is this dude’s problem LOL

If you listen to him, he's pretty positive in some areas.

His point is every team MUST by cap compliant today.  The fact the Canucks are isn't a reason to celebrate, its manditory.

• Like 1