Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It forced Gaudette to take #96 instead. What number does Tryamkin wear if he returns?

Hopefully something normal...I hate these crazy numbers!

if you watch the interview with Hughes after camp today. Dudes upper body is thick. He looks like he added 10 pounds of muscle at least. I wonder what his official weight is going to be this year

1 minute ago, #Canucks said:

if you watch the interview with Hughes after camp today. Dudes upper body is thick. He looks like he added 10 pounds of muscle at least. I wonder what his official weight is going to be this year

The guys tiny....don't get me wrong unbelievably good player. I'll guess the program says 175 but he can't be more than 165.

Just now, Chris12345 said:

The guys tiny....don't get me wrong unbelievably good player. I'll guess the program says 175 but he can't be more than 165.

I understand. But he looks much stronger. Thats all I was trying to point out. Knowing what he did last year & having the ability to do the same thing with more muscle will only help him grow in this league.

2 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

I understand. But he looks much stronger. Thats all I was trying to point out. Knowing what he did last year & having the ability to do the same thing with more muscle will only help him grow in this league.

Oh yea big time!!! Adding man weight!

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Hopefully something normal...I hate these crazy numbers!

watch him pick #60. That’s if he ever decides to come back :bigblush:

Edited by Oregon.Duck

19 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

"Horgie" raised the top rate of personal tax in BC by 4 percent a year ago to 53.5%.  Makes Canuck players pay one of the highest rates of personal tax in the entire league. Seattle players will pay 11% less, Calgary 6% less. Those are real differences with our two closest competitors.

Apparently the BC government has more right to the money earned than the guy who earned it. It's okay though, you are only a slave 53.5% of the time. 

1 minute ago, Oregon.Duck said:

LOL, watch him pick something like 60

If you pick 4 are you a jerk?

Such an awesome number but I'd be afraid to wear that. Couldn't pull it off too many legends.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Apparently the BC government has more right to the money earned than the guy who earned it. It's okay though, you are only a slave 53.5% of the time. 

It really curbs creativity and growth.  I mean at what point is it worth working of you only get half? At that point you move.

Add CPP and EI to that first cheque and you are close to 60% ?

Edited by Chris12345

3 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

It really curbs creativity and growth.  I mean at what point is it worth working of you only get half? At that point you move.

Yep.

Looks like an awesome place for a skate Darth

Is Hamonic at camp? If so, how does he look? I'm assuming the Canucks are waiting for Ferland to go on LTIR, then they'll sign him?

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Looks like an awesome place for a skate Darth

Is Hamonic at camp? If so, how does he look? I'm assuming the Canucks are waiting for Ferland to go on LTIR, then they'll sign him?

He's in quarantine for 7 days so won't be able to join until a few days before season starts.

• Thanks 2

On 1/3/2021 at 2:21 PM, gurn said:

I am a huge hockey fan,  but:

"Being away from the team has been some of the toughest and hardest things in my life”

says the guy has had a blessed life so far.

I suggest you go and google ferkies childhood before flapping your gurns

• Hydration 1

17 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

My thanks to Vintage and Deb (and others!) for the continuous updates! I’m busy doing dad stuff and only caught up now!

any word on the tv schedule? I live in.... sigh.... Calgary and need to know if I should get Center ice or not.

Btw, here’s me, on Christmas Day, skating on Auburn Bay lake, rockin the Bo!

7DCDC264-0311-4336-9DC3-EFB602656427.jpeg

Can't see that it's up yet...will keep you posted for sure!   LOVE that picture....so great!  Keep representing!

On 12/30/2020 at 10:27 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Fingers crossed Jake shows up at camp ready to play! Come on Jake!

I'd make a joke about about it but he's actually been training with Myers and other nhl'ers in Kelowna so should be his best year at camp.. "should be" lol 

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hoggy and Huggy  awww lol

Huggy  waiting for Hammey to arrive

while Hoggy plays with Horlie, maybe the give Hawrly a couple of shifts up there

is it bad if we call our goalie Holey the Goalie?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Finally caught up! Fwew!

I thought for a moment CDC was going to crash.........I got thrown off 5 or 6 times with in 5 minutes

Hey thanks Deb and Vintage

Observations from a small sample size.......

- Virtanen seemed more mature on and off the ice....more ready!

- Pettie has not changed....still as blunt as hell! LOL (Love it!)

- Rathbone is quick

- Players are pretty excited...they have had the taste and want more

- Hoglander is a confident young man, with some serious skills

- A real team feel to welcome the new guys ( like that)

- Deb should really get a job with the Canucks front office....I mean, really!

I can't wait until tomorrow!

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

4 hours ago, mll said:

For the regular season but bonuses are paid out of banked cap space and there is none in LTIR.  As there’s no banked cap space, you can’t avoid a bonus overage.  You can use his cap space to sign Hamonic but the difference to 3.5M won’t be banked.

LTIR only allows to exceed the cap up to the amount necessary to be cap compliant for the day but at most 85M.  So the daily cap is going to fluctuate based on your daily need.  You can never bank cap space because if you only need to exceed the cap by 1M, you’ll only get 1M.  

Ferland still counts against the cap.  The portion that exceeds 81.5M can only be Ferland money.  If your normal roster is at 79M, then 2.5M of his contract is covered through the normal 81.5M and the remaining 1M by exceeding the cap.  If your regular roster is 81M then 0.5M is covered through normal cap space and the remaining 3M by exceeding the cap.  There’s never banked cap space in LTIR unless you can be under 81.5M with your full roster including Ferland.   

That is how I understand it too

But I thought that it was important to start the season hard to the cap with Ferland on the roster, which important because all calculations are made from that......

So you want to be as close to the cap as you can before your first game, then make your moves, which then you can exceed the cap by Ferland's amount