The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

The questions come off so poorly because they are almost passive aggressive by there nature but

subtle enough that they hope the players dont notice. They DO notice and its an insult to think they 

wont be noticed. Did Holtby or Shmidt get asked about weight?

In due time. They gotta get some dirt on them first right? 
I could see Petey just grossing them one day honestly. He seems to not be ok with some off those questions while other players are just immune to the garbage. I hope to see that he does 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

One would have to think that Hoglander will be making the team out of camp.

Could happen, and part of me certainly hopes it happens because young talent is exciting and brings with it a lot of hope. But I remember hearing things about his game coming out of Sweden in terms of his play away from the puck...that it needed work....and we know Green is a stickler for that part of the game. I’m guessing the Canucks would have to be quite convinced that he’d contribute quite a bit offensively to stick here. His numbers out of Sweden don’t suggest an elite offensive game is there right now. But then again, perhaps that will be unlocked with some high quality NHL line mates. Will be fun to follow for sure.

Edited by Locke Lamora
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

One would have to think that Hoglander will be making the team out of camp.

Imagine if he he's good enough to stick on Bo's line AND Virtanen truly arrives... Might allow Green to experiment moving Pearson down...

Miller, Pettersson, Virtanen

Hoglander, Horvat, Boeser

Roussel, Gaudette, Pearson

Motte, Beagle, Sutter

:wub:

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, aGENT said:

CAN. NOT. WAIT.

The real fun starts if some of these guys start making Pearson, Sutter and Benn etc available at the TDL...

Imagine adding solid young players like Podz AND getting assets back for selling :wub:

Would be the dream scenario to be in a playoff position and get picks for vets to make room for the youth. Seems too good to be true so I’m not sure it actually happens lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Imagine if he he's good enough to stick on Bo's line AND Virtanen truly arrives... Might allow Green to experiment moving Pearson down...

Motte, Beagle, Sutter

or moving pearson out  need cap space for tryamkin and podkolzin april 30 i expect pearson and  sutter and baertchi and benn to be traded at deadline  hopefully for pics 

miller petey boeser

hoglander horvat podzolkin

motte gaudette virtanen

roussel   beagle  macewen 

lind

hughes schmidt

edler myers 

juolevi tryamkin 

hamonic rafferty 

demko 

holtby 

iscrazy depth come playoffs 

3 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

or moving pearson out  need cap space for tryamkin and podkolzin april 30 i expect pearson and  sutter and baertchi and benn to be traded at deadline  hopefully for pics 

miller petey boeser

hoglander horvat podzolkin

motte gaudette virtanen

roussel   beagle  macewen 

lind

hughes schmidt

edler myers 

juolevi tryamkin 

hamonic rafferty 

demko 

holtby 

iscrazy depth come playoffs 

I very much doubt tryamkin comes across this season unfortunately. We may sign him after the rfa date and have him on a Euro loan and send him somewhere to play through this season. 

4 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

It is exciting but those will likely not be traded unless the Canucks are way out of a playoff position at the TDL, not to mention, Podz can play regular season but will not be eligible for playoffs.

disagree sutter benn pearson are gonna be past by younger more takented players there time here isnt long 

4 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

It is exciting but those will likely not be traded unless the Canucks are way out of a playoff position at the TDL, not to mention, Podz can play regular season but will not be eligible for playoffs.

Why wont podz be eligible for playoffs?

Lots of rookies play their first games in the post season, sam bennet comes to mind

1 minute ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Lots of rookies play their first games in the post season, sam bennet comes to mind

they changed it last yr not sure if it was temp change because of covid    wild signed that russian kid he wasnt allowed to play in playoffs. we  will see what happens 

1 minute ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

There’s a difference between signing RFAs and signing players to ELCs.

I don’t see why he wouldn’t be able eligible to play in the playoffs if we signed him to his ELC on May 1st.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

they changed it last yr not sure if it was temp change because of covid    wild signed that russian kid he wasnt allowed to play in playoffs. we  will see what happens 

I think that was a diff situation cause we signed Hughes after his college playoff ended and be played right away.

Like DeNiro said, RFA and ELC have diff rules 

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Motte, Beagle, Sutter

That would be amazing! Love that top 6.

I would switch around the bottom 6 lines to:

Pearson Gaudette Motte

Roussel Beagle Sutter

But now it worries me if a player like MacEwen is put on the taxi squad (i.e. waivers) - really don't want to lose him, so may need to be Roussel catching a taxi and bottom 6 such as:

Pearson Gaudette Sutter

Motte Beagle MacEwen

9 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

russian kid was on elc as well still wasnt allowed to play 

Wasn’t that just the agreement they came to last year with the return to play?

Normally ELCs can be signed right at the end of the season and they aren’t disqualified from playoffs.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wasn’t that just the agreement they came to last year with the return to play?

Normally ELCs can be signed right at the end of the season and they aren’t disqualified from playoffs.

Ya I just read about it. That was a temporary cba for the playoff bubble.

Pretty sure pod can play this year 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

disagree sutter benn pearson are gonna be past by younger more takented players there time here isnt long 

There all done after this season.that seems like it's been the plan for four years