The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

52 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'd wager one of Mac/Hawr are 13th F. But I wouldn't worry too much about waivers at the beginning of the year. Whoever gets sent down, likely goes down at the same time the rest of the league does its massive flush of players. Happens every year and guys rarely get picked off.

thats quite the imagery. 

I do think we'll see a few pickups, there's bound to be some good quality exposed. Also a lot of the bad, and the "hope someone takes their contract" guys. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats quite the imagery. 

I do think we'll see a few pickups, there's bound to be some good quality exposed. Also a lot of the bad, and the "hope someone takes their contract" guys. 

I know we have none of those guys. We're fiiiiiine.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I have probably not ever been so excited about a season as this one...........

I truly believe we have amazing depth, but I am 100% glued to Hoglander, Juolevi and Rathbone (in no particular order)

The other thing that keeps coming back at me, is that for absolutely so long, we have never ripped the bandaid off, and Benning did it this year. Loosing Markstrom and Tanev has been a very scary ordeal, as they were security. But Benning actually did what he needed to do to protect the team long term. Yes, there could be a step back, although I don't think that will happen, but it opened up space and avenues for younger guys. IMO, this is positive.

Admittedly, there are a lot of variables, but if we hit the ground running, you will see the confidence in this group grow. Maybe I am too high, but god damn, it is fun to be back!

there really are. One of the biggest imo is how coaches around the league choose to manage these mini-series. Do you just field your veterans as much as possible, or do you mix in younger players to try to keep injuries and fatigue down, and give teams something new to look at on nights 2, 3 ,or 4 of a series? 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

The Canadian division is hard to call?

With Hamonic, and my homer glasses, I see Vancouver as the best Canadian team. Good down middle, in goal, now defensively sound. I see teams 4 yo 6 being a dogfight.  

Toronto has depth issues, great at C. Improving, but not fundamentally sound on D. Calgary, questionable at C wi Monahan, Lindholm, Backlund. Questionable, not weak... Their season may be down to if Valimaki & Rasmus Andersson can handle some defensive assignments. Great in goal. Edmonton will miss Klefbom. His injury hurts their D zone and PK, does not gave a netminder to rescue them. Dazzling forward talent. Winnipeg has some holes? But magnificent talent. But are well coached which should buffer some weakness, and solid in goal. Montreal I actually see as the 4th best team?  But has stellar goal tending, and suddenly some play off style bodies in Weber and Andersson.     

1)  Van

2)  Edmonton Montreal

3)  Winnipeg

4)  Edmonton

5)  Toronto

6)  Calgary   

7)  Ottawa

I find Montreal an odd one. They're a fairly deep team now but I still think they lack top-end talent, or anything resembling it really. Is Price still good enough to carry a team?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Do we know what AD is going on canucks helmets? Is it TD?

saw the oilers as Rogers, doesn’t look terrible

td would be good. Nice and short unless they go the whole name  

That is what you are thinking about at camp?

No wonder we sent you to Calgary!

Just joking, but "Ads?" 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

That is what you are thinking about at camp?

No wonder we sent you to Calgary!

Just joking, but "Ads?" 

You’re right, let me just turn training camp on my tv what channel?

Can I put VC or deb on my tv for updates and footage

Edited by Filthy McNasty

18 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Do we know what AD is going on canucks helmets? Is it TD?

saw the oilers as Rogers, doesn’t look terrible

td would be good. Nice and short unless they go the whole name  

You're getting into Adrian Cronauer territory here!

https://youtu.be/ssZNaqUDZXk

Edited by stawns

5 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

You’re right, let me just turn training camp on my tv what channel?

Can I put VC or deb on my tv for updates and footage

Just poking you for fun, Filthy

Love your comments

I had not given it any thought

But if done poorly, could really be an eye sore!

Imagine cheering for Canuck bobble heads...lol

Now you have me worried! Oh, please god!

• Cheers 1