The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

15 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

They seem to be spending a bit of tie with Hoglander, giving him lots of looks, and he's fitting in from what it looks like. I would really love to see him make the team right out of camp. Rathbone has a tougher task to make the team with Rafferty and Chatfield more ready, (and possibly Hamonic) and I think Jack will start in Utica. I really like to hear that Juolevi is doing well so far, looking forward to him being a regular. Sounds like Sven is struggling a bit, this training camp is huge for him, to prove he can still play in the NHL.   

Rathbone needs to outplay Benn and OJ...

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Rathbone needs to outplay Benn and OJ...

I think really think once Jack gets any first camp jitters out of the way, he is better than OJ right now. I think Jack has the mobility to outskate his mistakes somewhat. Still don’t see that with OJ...though I admit that might not be fair based upon the few clips I’ve seen. Gawd, wish I was at camp giving y’all first hand reports. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Locke Lamora said:

I think really think once Jack gets any first camp jitters out of the way, he is better than OJ right now. I think Jack has the mobility to outskate his mistakes somewhat. Still don’t see that with OJ...though I admit that might not be fair based upon the few clips I’ve seen. Gawd, wish I was at camp giving y’all first hand reports. 

Jack's skating is better. OJ's defensive game is more refined.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2