The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

The Canadian division is hard to call?

With Hamonic, and my homer glasses, I see Vancouver as the best Canadian team. Good down middle, in goal, now defensively sound. I see teams 4 yo 6 being a dogfight.  

Toronto has depth issues, great at C. Improving, but not fundamentally sound on D. Calgary, questionable at C wi Monahan, Lindholm, Backlund. Questionable, not weak... Their season may be down to if Valimaki & Rasmus Andersson can handle some defensive assignments. Great in goal. Edmonton will miss Klefbom. His injury hurts their D zone and PK, does not gave a netminder to rescue them. Dazzling forward talent. Winnipeg has some holes? But magnificent talent. But are well coached which should buffer some weakness, and solid in goal. Montreal I actually see as the 4th best team?  But has stellar goal tending, and suddenly some play off style bodies in Weber and Andersson.     

1)  Van

2)  Edmonton Montreal

3)  Winnipeg

4)  Edmonton

5)  Toronto

6)  Calgary   

7)  Ottawa

The senators have made some good moves. I don’t think there will be a team cut adrift at the bottom, I wouldn’t be surprised if the top two were clear by a bit with the rest constantly switching up places 

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Me too!   Grrrrrr.  Nothing like trying to envision tweets as they play out!

My Dad used to "watch" football that way....listening on the radio, eyes closed.  I knew he was trying to visualize what was playing out on the field.

• Like 2