The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Podkolzin coming won't cause them to sell off anyone. Pod will be able to play on any line. 

ya if hes playing  u need one spot gone for him.  sutter pearson and benn and baertchi are traded by deadline  14.6 mill in cap    gone   benning will find some deals  at deadline lotsa teams will be swapping players especially before expansion draft teams will leave little for seattle to take 

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Disagree. Thoroughly!

It is silly expecting a Benning to be a seller.  Just like it was silly for the masses to think he would trade Boeser. That did not stop a whole lotta squawking. 

It wasn't going to happen.  Not in his DNA.

On a different note?  Nice to see you not panicking about putting guys on waivers this year...

I think unless we are dead in the water at the TDL this team will be looking to add.

It's the reason Benning is waiting till the last moment to LTIR MF IMO.

With the playoff format guaranteeing a Canadian team in the final 4 and no cap issues in the playoffs + owners who have always put winning first, I don't see a scenario where we see the vets on expiring contracts moved, especially since they wouldn't be worth much. 

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

they will need to make moves once podzolkin  arrives  at end of april  pearson and sutter are def gone by deadline  also  hoglanders steaking a spot time to waive eriksson 

Why the Heck would adding Podz force any move? Even with Hamonic we have no cap issues and expecting Podz to come in and usurp Pearson right away is just setting him up to fail.  Why would you want to destroy our depth for minimal return in a season where depth has never been more important?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Why the Heck would adding Podz force any move? Even with Hamonic we have no cap issues and expecting Podz to come in and usurp Pearson right away is just setting him up to fail.  Why would you want to destroy our depth for minimal return in a season where depth has never been more important?

podzolkin is nhl ready hes gonna be inserted  with out missing a beat  literally  pearson makes 4 mill  id rather have hoglander podzolkin motte and macewen  making the same    we can aquire a second rounder for pearson  at deadline. we can get a 4th for sutter and a 5th for baertchi amd a 4th for benn. This teams been over paying vets for yrs time for the whole youth movement  good thing benning already said podz will be playing on team as soon as khl season is over 

• Wat 1

Just now, canuktravella said:

podzolkin is nhl ready hes gonna be inserted  with out missing a beat  literally  pearson makes 4 mill  id rather have hoglander podzolkin motte and macewen  making the same    we can aquire a second rounder for pearson  at deadline. we can get a 4th for sutter and a 5th for baertchi amd a 4th for benn. This teams been over paying vets for yrs time for the whole youth movement  good thing benning already said podz will be playing on team as soon as khl season is over 

seattle expansion we might lose one of beagle holtby  roussel myers 

eriksson can be waived to utica good riddance 

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

they will need to make moves once podzolkin  arrives  at end of april  pearson and sutter are def gone by deadline  also  hoglanders steaking a spot time to waive eriksson 

I don't disagree with you but who's actually taking Sutter? Pearson is decent but Sutter might be a hard deal with the cap and all. 

I mean the Canucks wouldn't take Sutter for free based on the cap.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I don't disagree with you but who's actually taking Sutter? Pearson is decent but Sutter might be a hard deal with the cap and all. 

I mean the Canucks wouldn't take Sutter for free based on the cap.

at deadline sutter cap isnt bad  its going no where at moment tho

2 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

I don't know about you guys.. but I'm giddy as heck about this teams core right now. We have depth - everywhere, and most of it was home-grown. 

I don't understand how there is still such a large vocal group of negative nellies in the media and twitter etc. I guess there's always going to be someone out there that's not satisfied. 

Because negativity gets attention on the internet