The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Juolevi vs Rathbone. 

I hope it doesn’t turn into an ego duck measuring contest between Benning and Brackett.  I know the organization is really pushing Juolevi, they see him replacing a lot of things Edler brings to the table like physicality. But he’s a Benning pick and him making the team would make Benning look good.  If Rathbone a 4th rounder makes the team over Juolevi a 5th overall pick. It frankly makes Brackett look better at drafting than Benning (at least in this one instance). But I don’t care about your egos I just want the better defenceman to win the spot.  Just pick the best player, put politics to the side and just let the better player play.  

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

You should have just bet him that he’d make the team then LOL. Honestly I’d be happy with 10 goals in a shortened season with a couple highlight reels. Still gotta temper expectations and if he’s playing with Horvat he’s gotta learn on the fly to play responsible.

So your saying I’m dead money???? .... I’m hoping for a 3rd straight Calder candadite .... who says we can’t have shiny new toys 3 years in a row lol 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, gottalovethosenucks said:

So your saying I’m dead money???? .... I’m hoping for a 3rd straight Calder candadite .... who says we can’t have shiny new toys 3 years in a row lol 

Oh I’m with you pal. I’m just cautious is all. They can’t all be zingers or can they? Muhahaha 

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I could the NHL making a slow transition to having the ads on the jerseys as well to cover up for the lost revenue.

by all reports, gary is adamantly, vehemently opposed to it. it's even already been declared that the helmet ads are 20/21 only. 

7 minutes ago, gottalovethosenucks said:

Thomas gradin ? The same man that found you eagle and the twins and naslund too I’m pretty sure

you don't really need to "find" the top draft prospects in hockey or players that have been playing on a line with mario lemieux. 

6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

You should have just bet him that he’d make the team then LOL. Honestly I’d be happy with 10 goals in a shortened season with a couple highlight reels. Still gotta temper expectations and if he’s playing with Horvat he’s gotta learn on the fly to play responsible.

I just liked they way he was skating around the net tonight... it gave me some super positive vibes 

and those hands behind the net after his backhand miss

Edited by gottalovethosenucks

3 minutes ago, tas said:

by all reports, gary is adamantly, vehemently opposed to it. it's even already been declared that the helmet ads are 20/21 only. 

you don't really need to "find" the top draft prospects in hockey or players that have been playing on a line with mario lemieux. 

I knew I was stretching with naslund I was young back then

Edited by gottalovethosenucks

20 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Thank you Swedish scouts for Nils Hoglander 

Gradin.

Guy has eyes, no question. Pettersson > anybody else at the draft, Edler back in the day, Hoglander now, plus whatever others he'd picked in the Gillis era that "didn't" get chosen due to lack of picks....

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

If you honestly believe that this would decide who makes the team you have not a clue about how professional hockey works.   Benning could give a rat's behind how an asset is acquired and the coach even less so.   This artificial crap about egos and such driving personnel decisions is beyond ridiculous.   The Canuck management and coaching staff are paid for on-ice results and not a hope they would sacrifice that to make themselves "look good".    

The guys that wouldn't are the ones you see on TV talking about hockey rather than working in it.

And beating guys with shoes.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, brownky said:

Gradin.

Guy has eyes, no question. Pettersson > anybody else at the draft, Edler back in the day, Hoglander now, plus whatever others he'd picked in the Gillis era that "didn't" get chosen due to lack of picks....

it was actually ron delorme who was insistent on petey.

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

If you honestly believe that this would decide who makes the team you have not a clue about how professional hockey works.   Benning could give a rat's behind how an asset is acquired and the coach even less so.   This artificial crap about egos and such driving personnel decisions is beyond ridiculous.   The Canuck management and coaching staff are paid for on-ice results and not a hope they would sacrifice that to make themselves "look good".    

It’s human nature, don’t  think politics doesn’t play in decisions like this.  That would be a little naive.  There are countless examples of hockey decisions based entirely on politics.  It’s a sad reality.