The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Horgan is a huge sports fan I'm not surprised lol. I've seen him at local lacrosse and hockey games in the past. Funny its not bonnie henry im betting he pressed her on this one lol.

This.  I’ve known Horgie since grade 2 and played both soccer and lacrosse with him.  John also played school basketball  too.  Me too short ;) for basketball.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

Look out for Kole Lind at camp. He made a lot of strides in his pro game last year and could be putting some vets on notice, trying to take their jobs. Has the tools to be an in your face pest with some finish; great shot, good speed and doesn't mind going to the hard areas. With so many bodies at training camp, knowing their will be a taxi squad for the season, lots of incentive for our prospects to make the club, even if they don't play lots, especially if the AHL season doesn't happen.

Anyone know if the AHL plans to operate in some capacity and how that would work for us as our farm team is in the US?

As far as the news says, AHL will start their season Feb. 5. Unless there is an announcement from the Canucks their farm team will still be Utica. I am thinking the NHL will allow each team to have a taxi or 'black aces' squad (similar to the playoffs) due to the 2 week quarantine protocol.

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, sonoman said:

cThis.  I’ve known Horgie since grade 2 and played both soccer and lacrosse with him.  John also played school basketball  too.  Me too short ;) for basketball.  

"Horgie" raised the top rate of personal tax in BC by 4 percent a year ago to 53.5%.  Makes Canuck players pay one of the highest rates of personal tax in the entire league. Seattle players will pay 11% less, Calgary 6% less. Those are real differences with our two closest competitors.

Edited by fanfor42

My predictions, not that they are worth that much;

Miller Petey Boeser

Pearson Bo Virtanen

Roussel Gaudette Sutter

Baertschi Beagle Motte 

MacEwen

Hughes Hamonic

Schmidt Myers 

Edler  Rafferty 

Joelevi Benn

Demko Holtby 

Ace in the hole is Nils Hoglander.  He could easily steal a roster spot!  To my eyes he has to beat Baertschi. Is capable of being a checker and puckk winner from the 3rd line. I think Baertschi has Pearson to beat.  As he ''has'' to play top 6, is not really suited to checking or depth lines.  Pearson and Hoglander can?

Rafferty / Juolevi as much up to how well Schmidt shows in a right side role at camp.  Green, and myself again that it counts little, have shown preference to RHD on  the right side.  Hence my D to start all being in their natural roles.  Juolevi has to play so well, Green gives up this concept...

Someone will also be injured. On D AND up front.  So, for example, its possible we see Hoglander & Bartschi opening day.  

Taxi squad is how big, 4 ???;

Eriksson, Sautner, Hawryluk, Graovac

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Miller Petey Boeser

Pearson Bo Virtanen

Roussel Gaudette Sutter

Baertschi Beagle Motte 

MacEwen

Hughes Hamonic

Schmidt Myers 

Edler  Rafferty 

Joelevi Benn

Demko Holtby 

Ace in the hole is Nils Hoglander.  He could easily steal a roster spot!  To my eyes he has to beat Baertschi. Is capable of being a checker and puckk winner from the 3rd line. I think Baertschi has Pearson to beat.  As he ''has'' to play top 6, is not really suited to checking or depth lines.  Pearson and Hoglander can?

Rafferty / Juolevi as much up to how well Schmidt shows in a right side role at camp.  Green, and myself again that it counts little, have shown preference to RHD on  the right side.  Hence my D to start all being in their natural roles.  Juolevi has to play so well, Green gives up this concept...

Someone will also be injured. On D AND up front.  So, for example, its possible we see Hoglander & Bartschi opening day.  

Mark my words,

Hoglander   Petey     Boeser

Miller      Horvat       Virtanen

Roussel     Sutter       Gaudette

Motte      Beagle      MacEwen

Hughes      Hamonic

Edler     Schmidt

OJ         Myers

Pearson is dealt for a defensive prospect.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, The King said:

Mark my words,

Hoglander   Petey     Boeser

Miller      Horvat       Virtanen

Roussel     Sutter       Gaudette

Motte      Beagle      MacEwen

Hughes      Hamonic

Edler     Schmidt

OJ         Myers

Pearson is dealt for a defensive prospect.

Nice thought to think Hoglander could steal a spot on the top line but in reality it won’t happen.

If there was a preseason for him to prove himself maybe. But with just scrimmages and then starting the season right away theres no way Green goes with a rookie in that spot.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Miller Petey Boeser

Pearson Bo Virtanen

Roussel Gaudette Sutter

Baertschi Beagle Motte 

MacEwen

Hughes Hamonic

Schmidt Myers 

Edler  Rafferty 

Joelevi Benn

Demko Holtby 

As Good as any!

But, I have a couple of thoughts

I think the Taxi squad will have Baertschii and Benn on it, as they are close at hand, get to train with the big club and we get to reduce our cap

which allows for one of 2 things....1) more room at the TDL or 2) allows us to be able to pay a bigger portion of the bonus's

I don't think Raffery makes it.........could be on the Taxi squad

To me, Benning has to save cap space

• Upvote 1