The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Isn't it great news!!  So excited.....I wouldn't normally pin my own post but I feel like everyone wants to know this and plan for Saturday!  We're definitely diehards here!!  Enjoy!

Awesome. What time on Saturday??

4 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Agreed, but it still happens.  That’s my point. 

Your belief that Benning is one of those people, and bases his business decisions on stupidly shortsighted optics seems rather silly to most of us.

Do you have any actual evidence that he cares more about appearances than he does about improving the team?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

haven't been able to keep up as much as I'd like, how's Rafferty making out? anyone?

Just listened to Jeff Paterson (yeah I know) on 1040 and he say Rafferty has been..meh. Wasn’t really noticeable at all during the scrimmage. Juolevi and Rathbone are ahead of him on the depth chart.

13 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Just listened to Jeff Paterson (yeah I know) on 1040 and he say Rafferty has been..meh. Wasn’t really noticeable at all during the scrimmage. Juolevi and Rathbone are ahead of him on the depth chart.

damn I was hoping he was going to rock the show into a roster spot  :(

6 minutes ago, khay said:

Hoglander and Juolevi are getting me really excited for the new season.

We have quality rookies joining the team every season since Boeser in 2017. 

2017: Boeser

2018: EP

2019: Hughes

2020/21: Hoglander, Juolevi

2021: Podkolzin, Rathbone

Keep this up JB! If this trend of injecting one quality rookie per season continues, we will win a cup pretty soon.

Benning said that Podkolzin could be signed in april and feels he's good enough to make the team :frantic:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, khay said:

Keep this up JB! If this trend of injecting one quality rookie per season continues, we will win a cup pretty soon.

dont forget

2019-2020: Demko, Gaudette

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

On off days do players go back home or are they all staying in hotels?

i only found articles about away games, they each have there own hotel room. im guessing this means they are allowed to go home to thier apartment/house within the province

21 minutes ago, khay said:

Also we would have every 1st round pick on the roster since the 2014 draft.

I can confidently say we’ve never done that in our history.

• Cheers 4

18 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

The thing that pops out about Rathbone is he wasn’t expected to be this good. He wasn’t expected to have such a great season either. In his first year he was paired with Adam Fox and he put up some impressive numbers. When Fox left Harvard it left Rathbone pretty much alone, the numbers he put up were all him, he didn’t have Fox this year.  And it’s more than just the numbers.  I’ve seen him play, he’s fast and has a wicked shot he’s creative with the puck and sees the ice very well.  I like Juoveli don’t get me wrong. But put Rathbone with a defensive defenceman and see what happens.  

I'm a big Rathbone fan but this is an argument I don't see you winning.  Joulevi is right now better defensively and is just further ahead in his development. Rathbone needs to play against play in Utica no need to rush him and ruin his confidence.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1