The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Currently Gaudette sucks. He should work on hockey more and live streaming less. I don't trust him as a center.

One of the best 700 or so hockey players in the world.

"sucks" says some dude on the inter webs.  :wacko:

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

12 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Good post. It’s not about who goes here and there right now. It’s about players pushing for spot and pushing each other to be better players. Jake not practicing in the top 6 just means there’s more work to be done. We will see him there at points thorough out the season I have no doubt. The lines won’t stay the same all year lol

All it means is that he's a versatile player. That's it heh.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, FriendlyCanuck said:

Pete is a bona-fide superstar and was expected to to be a pp player from his rookie season. Hoglander is a nobody who most of us never heard of, any true hockey fan knows he won't hang on to the top 6 it seems silly to place someone there that won't end up there. The top 6 spot was for Jake not an unproven small rookie, I have every right to be doubtful. 

You're very wrong. Apparently you're just a troll and not a fan of the greatest team on earth.

2 hours ago, FriendlyCanuck said:

Pete is a bona-fide superstar and was expected to to be a pp player from his rookie season. Hoglander is a nobody who most of us never heard of, any true hockey fan knows he won't hang on to the top 6 it seems silly to place someone there that won't end up there. The top 6 spot was for Jake not an unproven small rookie, I have every right to be doubtful. 

Hoglander is a nobody? Just a brutal take lol. You clearly haven’t been paying attention.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, tas said:

but that wasn't even the topic at hand, guy. the person I responded to said every canucks' 1st rounder since 2014 would be in the lineup once podkolzin joins, and I said mccann spoils that, since he was a canucks' 1st rounder in 2014 who isn't in the canucks lineup. 

don't insert yourself in conversations without actually reading them. learn how to internet. 

Thus the I was drunk disclaimer.

I didn't really give a flying f. Isn't alcohol great? :frantic:

• Haha 1

Green mentioned having to make some tough decisions on some of the vets, who could he be referring to? I think Loui is an obvious choice to be waived, but would they also waive Beagle and/or Roussel? Do they keep Benn on the roster, and ease in Rathbone, Rafferty and Chatfield over time? I like the idea of getting some of the young guys in, like Juolevi and Hoglander, but too many rookies in the lineup and they become vulnerable. I think Sutter stays, as he's more versatile than Beagle and Roussel. 

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

Maybe he should crawl into a hole when he has to spend all the hours in his hotel:picard:

Maybe he should be better at hockey if he wants the 3rd line center position on my team. Face-offs would be a great place to start.

You're face palming me because you think he's great?

58 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's a discussion board and people have differing opinions so there will be some back and forth.  Especially in a year where things are out of whack and the stress levels are high....with decisions being made, people are chiming in with their ideas.

I imagine that when the season gets rolling there will be more "focused" discussion.  Right now, we all have way too much time on our hands and that is likely some of what you're seeing.  Hang in there!  

I don't mind the tangents people sometimes go on. It's the people who are clearly trolls who clearly aren't Canucks fans that are hijacking these boards. Sometimes I wish these boards were more like Pinkbike, where comments below the threshold aren't seen. At least there is the option to ignore these people/bots. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Maybe he should be better at hockey if he wants the 3rd line center position on my team. Face-offs would be a great place to start.

You're face palming me because you think he's great?

I think he’s a good kid yes and I expect he will only get better in all aspects of the game especially now that the caught his stomach issue. I’m facepalming you for comments regarding his hobby outside of hockey, a poor comment especially during these times when half the time us and there guys are locked inside

7 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

The fact we have tight competition for spots in camp is something to celebrate! Love to see Jake succeed but having him hungry and having to prove himself in a stacked lineup is best for the team. 

If he ends up as an elite bottom 6 that’s a thing we will need going forward. 

This is interesting to note, the Canucks bottom 6 struggled in the playoffs and was a weak area. They need a better bottom 6, more contribution. I'd be fine with Jake in the bottom 6, with MacEwen, Motte, Gaudette, Sutter, and maybe a guy like Michaelis, Lockwood as a spare.