The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

It almost seems like there are too many young guys fighting for spots, guys that have been trying for years, and maybe deserving, but might not get a shot on this team. They have some good depth. I remember when Brisebois was pretty much the only good Dman prospect, but now it seems he may not even play for the Canucks. I'm assuming Sautner and Teves will be Utica lifers as well. Nice that  they have the depth though. I really want to see Hoglander make this team out of camp. 

I, too, was thinking about that.  How a guy might work his tail off and deserve to be there but miss out.   Thing is...the true "champions at heart" won't let that deter them.  It'll be motivating more than deflating.

But, being young, it's super competitive and you have to have the "mental aspect" of the game too.

Anyone else amused by the battle between @debluvscanucks and @Vintage Canuck to see who can post the Canucks related links fastest? We are served very well here folks. :towel:

Until I see more with my own eyes I’m still concerned about Juolevi’s lateral mobility to defend in the NHL, but the kid has a great mind for the game and his passing ability is probably top 3 on the team right now...wishing the kid all the best. A fair bit of our success this year may depend on how he does. Craig Button’s thoughts about Hamonic weren’t exactly glowing recently, but heres hoping that an extended break allowed his body to recover from the hard miles put on it in recent seasons.

Apart from those things on the back end I am beyond stoked for what this team could do this year....and even more so in the next few. And then there’s The Hog. There is no stopping that train from the opening day line up. Did you see the back hand flip pass to Captain Bo in that practice clip from this morning? I think I was too fixated on his SHL numbers. Playing with NHL players who can convert chances might enable him to contribute more offensively than I thought. Still....he needs to perform against live opposition. But damn am I optimistic from what I’ve seen.

And Jack Rathbone is going to be a very good player for us...very soon. Him an Hughes on the point of the power play will be DEADLY.

Edited by Locke Lamora
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Anyone else amused by the battle between @debluvscanucks and @Vintage Canuck to see who can post the Canucks related links fastest? We are served very well here folks. :towel:

Until I see more with my own eyes I’m still concerned about Juolevi’s lateral mobility to defend in the NHL, but the kid has a great mind for the game and his passing ability is probably top 3 on the team right now...wishing the kid all the best. A fair bit of our success this year may depend on how he does. Craig Button’s thoughts about Hamonic weren’t exactly glowing recently, but heres hoping that an extended break allowed his body to recover from the hard miles put on it in recent seasons.

Apart from those things on the back end I am beyond stoked for what this team could do this year....and even more so in the next few. And then there’s The Hog. There is no stopping that train from the opening day line up. Did you see the back hand flip pass to Captain Bo in that practice clip from this morning? I think I was too fixated on his SHL numbers. Playing with NHL who can convert chances might enable him to contribute more offensively than I thought. Still....he needs to perform against live opposition. But damn am I optimistic from what I’ve seen.

And Jack Rathbone is going to be a very good player for us...very soon. Him an Hughes on the point of the power play will be DEADLY.

I'm slow on the draw and highly excitable.  If he  misses something, I'm on it!  

I'm in training.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Tyler Graovac.

Is Hamonic here?  Not until Sunday, right?  (LOL laughs at the fact that she has NO idea what day it even is...off work for 3 weeks is clearly an issue)

Guess I should actually just go look.

• Haha 1

When I look at these lines / lineup I love what I see! What I also see is a real logjam on RW should Hogs show he can play consistently and is nhl ready as the season progresses. Why I say logjam is because of this Russian stud we have coming over in April. It may mean Jake gets moved the left side and that would be great for him and he’s definitely more of a threat on his off wing. My goodness, this is literally the most promising group of talent I have seen in my 35 years as a Canucks fan. I do believe the window is now open and it will be for a good 10 years! GMJB sucks! GMJB out GM’d again! Lol 

Jake’s ability to play both wings may also be his saving grace / reason he stays a Canuck. The kid is going to really have to buckle down and focus now if he wants to stay here, so much talent! I really think we could win this year!!! GCG! :towel:

Edited by Millsy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1