The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

Just to chime in on this debate about negative / positive posters and posts, a diversity of opinions in any forum is most welcomed. Just look south at the events happening down there. Group think is bad. Think for yourself and join a balanced discussion.

I’ve been on this board a loooooooong time. I haven’t posted much, but I’ve witnessed a lot. I’m generally try to put a positive spin on “futures” but try to be realistic with “results”. As much I may dislike the negative posts on here that are advocated sometimes, it forces one to have a more thought out position. Those I feel like are over board in your response or negativity, I just ignore. But the opposite positions are valued all the same. 

The same can be said for positive positions. I wouldn’t be interested in this forum if it was ONLY positive and comments about how something didn’t live up their respected positions would always without hesitation be defended against. I like this forum because it’s highly active with a posters informing each other of recent information with a variety of viewpoints being offered - both positive and to a far less extent negative, but highly regulars quality posts and content regardless. I would suggest others to adopt a similar view on this matter. This is a great forum and those monitoring it have been doing a great job.

Looking forward to the season to start!

I think certain posters defend players that are being unfairly targeted by "realistic" fans. They are then labelled as homers with rose coloured glasses. Yet when we point out constant negativity by posters, they cry foul.

Some members are not Canucks fans and are here to incite. To me the tell is constant negativity towards the Canucks, but high praise for other teams with similar circumstances. There are media members here who know their hockey(some of them) but are not fans of our team as well.

I agree that discussion involves taking into account things you may not agree with and sometimes we need to accept outcomes that we don't like.

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Strange, it seems like just yesterday you were saying Gauds is the second best center we have.:unsure:

no i didn't, gurn. old age is catching up with your memory.

can you  find a quote where i  said he was our second best centre? i said second highest scoring centre. and then i did this horvat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gaudette

5 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I think certain posters defend players that are being unfairly targeted by "realistic" fans. They are then labelled as homers with rose coloured glasses. Yet when we point out constant negativity by posters, they cry foul.

Some members are not Canucks fans and are here to incite. To me the tell is constant negativity towards the Canucks, but high praise for other teams with similar circumstances. There are media members here who know their hockey(some of them) but are not fans of our team as well.

I agree that discussion involves taking into account things you may not agree with and sometimes we need to accept outcomes that we don't like.

I do not support the “then their not fans” line of thinking. There are far better places to be a non-invested troll than a hockey forum. There is also an unlimited amount of reasoning that could influence someone to take a particular viewpoint. I know that I am guilty to taking a negative view for the sole reason that I feel like the discussion is unbalanced. Some posters may be fans since the 70s or 80# and are just disgruntled old men with a bone to pick because of decades of losing. Some people generally just don’t ever express excitement. You might get at most “they played well”. But that’s just people. We come in all forms and demeanors. Doesn’t mean they aren’t fans, or don’t belong here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

no i didn't, gurn. old age is catching up with your memory.

can you  find a quote where i  said he was our second best centre? i said second highest scoring centre. and then i did this horvat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gaudette

We are both wrong;  :o

you originally said  "gaudette is our second best scoring center and will be needed on the powerplay"

1 minute ago, gurn said:

We are both wrong;  :o

you originally said  "gaudette is our second best scoring center and will be needed on the powerplay"

ok gurn, tell me how im wrong? these words all added up mean gaudette scores more points per minute then horvat, says nothing about overall.

keep trolling...... i got all day

1 minute ago, HomeBrew said:

I do not support the “then their not fans” line of thinking. There are far better places to be a non-invested troll than a hockey forum. There is also an unlimited amount of reasoning that could influence someone to take a particular viewpoint. I know that I am guilty to taking a negative view for the sole reason that I feel like the discussion is unbalanced. Some posters may be fans since the 70s or 80# and are just disgruntled old men with a bone to pick because of decades of losing. Some people generally just don’t ever express excitement. You might get at most “they played well”. But that’s just people. We come in all forms and demeanors. Doesn’t mean they aren’t fans, or don’t belong here.

There are 93,654 members on CDC. If you want to assume that every single one is a Canucks fan, go on ahead.

You are now putting words in my mouth with  "then their(sic) not fans". I'm not saying that all negative posters are not fans. I'm saying that some of them are not. I stand by that opinion.

7 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

ok gurn, tell me how im wrong? these words all added up mean gaudette scores more points per minute then horvat, says nothing about overall.

keep trolling...... i got all day

The words may mean the same or close but it is not what you said.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

There are 93,654 members on CDC. If you want to assume that every single one is a Canucks fan, go on ahead.

You are now putting words in my mouth with  "then their(sic) not fans". I'm not saying that all negative posters are not fans. I'm saying that some of them are not. I stand by that opinion.

The are either a Canucks fan, a fan of another NHL team, or a hockey fan in general. Yup. 100%.

Just now, gurn said:

The words may mean the same or close but it is not what you said.

i'm sorry you just misunderstood my intent. i made it pretty clear, i provided multiple stats and explanations behind my words.

all your doing right now is spreading salt. grow up, your acting like a child.

OIP.jfif

8 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

So you're acknowledging that not all CDC members are Canucks fans?

Yeah, sure. Does that matter? You were trying to equate negative posters with not being fans of Canucks. That simply doesn’t hold up. And the reverse is also true. 

If you have problem with fans of other teams being here, I’m not sure you’ve been accustomed to such things as rivalries. Some of the best moments on here were during the playoffs when rival teams would sign up and try to rattle us.

Edited by HomeBrew
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I know you're joking, but I would like to ask you a question. You're a reputable member of CDC.

Do you believe that all 93,654 CDC members are Canucks fans?

I'm joking. I just can't see the rationale. I wouldn't sign up to another teams website just for the purposes of trolling, and hating. I just don't have time for stuff like that. 

• Cheers 1