The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2020-21 (Apply Within!)

Nail

Congrats to Tobi Björnfot  on his 1st Goal in the NHL :)

Further Congrats to Conor Timmins for his 1st Multiscore Game (2 Assists) and Kevin Bahl for his 1st Assist in the NHL.

Nice to see our Young Defenders show up . Hope all will be regular NHLérs next Season . Bahl and Peeke could be good Depth Options though. 

Demers wont be re-signed and we may lose a Defender in the Expansion Draft. Further we are looking to move Stralman and/or Gudas . 

When Klefbom returns we might get Cap Issues. Tanner Pearson is another Guy who could be OTB if not taken in the Expansion Draft. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Devils unveil throwback heritage jerseys for 2018-19

NJ is proud to see both Alex Newhook and Philip Broberg getting ready to make their NHL debuts.  Newhook has 5 goals and 4 assists in 8 AHL games. He has since been called up to the Aves taxi squad.  Broberg is traveling over from Sweden to join the Oilers organization. These are our 2 biggest prospects. Neither of which will suit up for us this season as Broberg is on an ELC slide and Newhook has been signed for the start of 21-22. We are very pleased to see these youngsters and are very excited to see their progression.

The Devils have made 2 trades that in sitting in the to be processed trade pile. Antti Raanta has been traded for a defenseman this gm was a big fan of in his his previous brief stint with the Kings. The team also acquired a prime aged forward who recently switched NHL teams and had a down season. Definitely a gamble with his contract but the pick that accompanied him made that risk worth while. Our team has been fortunate in fixing up some of our recent project pickups in JVR and Sam Bennett. We hope to do the same with our latest addition up front. 

Our team failed miserably this season so we are being very proactive to try and find any way possible to make us a more respectable team. We remain interested in trade talks - including possibly moving JVR, Connor Sheary, and possibly even Sam Bennett himself. Our goal is to build a team largely from our own drafted or developed players. We have lots of work left but now with 3 picks in the top 35 we feel confident we can add some good talent again this off-season.

If you haven't already noticed NJ has undergone a logo and colour scheme re-branding here in CDCFL. We are now flying the red, green, and white colour scheme! Thanks again @Nail for helping with this alteration. I found the black/red really dark and depressing - this is a nice positive change to our colour scheme.

Rush17

NJ GM

Spoiler

We'd like to make this team more competitive than currently listed. Will be in on UFA's and trade talks.

(Slotting in Newhook/Broberg in bottom pair roles until I know where they fit in).

Case Study - NJ Devils Brand Update Concept - Ember Studio

Sam Bennett - Dylan Larkin - Connor Sheary
James van Riemsdyk - Michael Rasmussen - TBD TRADE ACQ
Danton Heinen - Dylan Gambrell - Max Jones
Kyle Clifford - Alex Newhook - Travis Boyd

Jake McCabe -  TBD TRADE ACQ
Nikolai Knyzhov - Nikita Zaitsev
Philip Broberg - Ilya Lyubshkin

Darcy Keumper
TBD 

Pending UFAs: Brandon Sutter, Josh Leivo, Jay Beagle, Ryan Murray, Andrej Sekera, Nikita Nesterov, Thomas Greiss  
We are in talks with several of these pending UFAs.

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 2

Assignment: the Vancouver Canucks assign Nate Schnarr to the Minors.

Recall: the Vancouver Canucks recall Jordan Martinook.

This is likely our last move of the year, was a fun time keeping pace with the playoff guys, but after all that work I couldn't bridge the divide. Jobs well done, my betters. Jobs well done.

• Cheers 1

I don't think we'll be able to get him a contract in the next 20 minutes, but we are regardless excited to see Peyton Krebs make his NHL debut tonight.

• Cheers 2

On 5/2/2021 at 11:04 AM, Master Mind said:

My Jets are running out of gas, the injuries are piling up.

Out: Kucherov, Stamkos, Kreider, Tanev, Calvert, Wagner, Bogosian, Graves, Carlson

At least the team you're trying to keep ahead of (Edmonton) has 4 injuries if their own (Werenski, Hyman, Arvidsson, and Russell).

I wondered if Edmonton might have an average with Boeser having extra games to play, but you have Miller too. You'll probably be ok...unless Rinne scores another goal :lol:.

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, D-Money said:

At least the team you're trying to keep ahead of (Edmonton) has 4 injuries if their own (Werenski, Hyman, Arvidsson, and Russell).

I wondered if Edmonton might have an average with Boeser having extra games to play, but you have Miller too. You'll probably be ok...unless Rinne scores another goal :lol:.

Getting passed because of a goalie goal would be the worst way to go :(

3 hours ago, Master Mind said:

hey now! my only play off appearance in another long running league was due to a goalie goal from I think it was Mike Smith way back when. Ahhh the memories. lol but yeah, it would hurt. I think the points are reasonable here in FL though, was 100 points when i got the bump from it in gml.

• Vintage 1

handshake.jpg.fa5864e3b96c66dbc92eeaad8d81fc4f.jpg

The New York Islanders have signed the following players to three year Entry Level Contracts that will begin in the 2021-22 season

John Beecher $900,000 per season

Michal Teply $900,000 per season

Domenick Fensore $700,000 per season

Mattias Norlinder $700,000 per season

Connor Dewar $700,000 per season

Tyler Tucker $700,000 per season

@Nail @Monty <----- why did I do this? LOL

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Master Mind said:

It's such a ridiculous longshot... Was only worth mentioning because Rinne was the last goalie to actually score one.

But unless Nashville gets some separation in the standings from Dallas, I seriously doubt anyone but Saros backstops their last 3 games. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, D-Money said:

It's such a ridiculous longshot... Was only worth mentioning because Rinne was the last goalie to actually score one.

But unless Nashville gets some separation in the standings from Dallas, I seriously doubt anyone but Saros backstops their last 3 games. 

In the inaugural draft I got some flack for picking Mike Smith early... He ended up being the top pool scoring goalie that year because of a goal.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ActionJax09 said:

handshake.jpg.b0fcad2b80bbade94cefac2f2b0f4df3.jpg

The New Jersey Devils have signed goaltender Darcy Kuemper to a three year contract extension for $4,000,000 per season

@Nail @Rush17

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Arizona Coyotes' Darcy Kuemper cementing status as  elite goaltender

New Jersey is proud to announce the team has come to terms on a three year extension with starting goaltender Darcy Kuemper.  Being able to attract and sign a world class goaltending is extremely encouraging to our fanbase - Having the belief from Darcy in our plan is a tremendous feeling as we look to rebound from a very poor 2020 campaign.  We acquired Darcy at the trade deadline with the hope he would buy into our retool plan and he has just done that. Kuemper will provide us stable and consistent goaltending which we have lacked since my arrival here in NJ. Kuemper has the potential to play at a veznia caliber when he gets hot so this is a wonderful addition to our club. We see Darcy as an ideal mentor for some of our young goaltenders that are coming up in the system. Most notably Yaroslav Askarov who will likely be joining the team in 2 years time. 

Elite and consistent goaltending in the foundation to any teams success and we are so thrilled Darcy believed in our vision and was willing to commit term to our franchise. With two more deals sitting on the commish's desk we are excited for the upcoming off-season and what we believe we can accomplish. The team has three picks in the top 35 and may be willing to move one if it lands us a quality young defender or forward that might otherwise be expansion fodder. Let us know if you have someone you might be willing to talk - now or after the playoffs.

• Cheers 2

Some exciting races coming down the stretch, with the Rangers currently leading the Islanders based off a tiebreaker (points per game).

86d8615ce17ac58321b202f110d5700e.png

There is no doubt that the last 4 games between Vancouver/Calgary will impact our standings, so we may need more than 16 teams to post initial playoff rosters :lol: 

• Cheers 1