The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2020-21 (Apply Within!)

Nail

handshake.jpg.2ad8b3b5525975459da3769865

The New Jersey Devils have signed the following free agents:

Cameron Rowe - 2 years, $1.600M ($0.800M AAV)

Ilya Altybarmakyan - 2 years, $1.700M ($0.850M AAV)
Michael Gildon - 2 years, $1.850M ($0.925M AAV)

Nikolai Chebykin - 2 years, $1.900M ($0.950M AAV)

Kirill Tyutyayev - 3 years, $2.850M ($0.950M AAV)

@Rush17

@Nail

https://www.evz.ch/news/news/national-league/2020-21/mai/evz-verpflichtet-nhl-verteidiger-christian-djoos/

I cannot find a legitimate source in english, other than websites saying he left Detroit.

Based on twitter gifs/video, he is most definitely playing for EVZ in the CHL

Winnipeg Terminates the contract of Christian Djoos.

We will call up Nic Beaudin to replace him.

19 hours ago, Nail said:

handshake.jpg.2ad8b3b5525975459da3769865

The New Jersey Devils have signed the following draft prospects to ELCs:

Artur Akhtyamov - 3 years, $2.100M ($0.700M AAV)

Victor Sjoholm - 3 years, $2.100M ($0.700M AAV)

Pavel Tyuynev - 3 years, $2.100M ($0.700M AAV)

@Rush17

Very excited to sign these guys to their ELC's.

Artur Akhtyamov

Artur we drafted last year. He is off to a bit of a shaky start this season but he has proven he can play well at some of the highest levels of Russia hockey. We are looking forward to working with him and helping him grow his game. Artur was selected by NJ in the early 5th round of the 2020 entry draft. 

Player Comparison: Semyon Varlamov (Video Below)

Spoiler

Victor Sjoholm

Victor was a player we saw at the u18's last summer and were thoroughly impressed with his pace of play and offensive skillset. We selected him early in the 5th round this past draft. We are hopeful Victor will earn his way on to next years WJC team (2023). The undersized 18 year old is set to play in the Allsvenskan this season.

Player Comparison: Not Available (Video not available - only U18 game footage - picture below)

Spoiler

Victor Sjöholm - Hockeysverige – Mer av sporten du älskar - Hockeysverige –  Mer av sporten du älskar

Pavel Tyuynev

Pavel was entering this past draft as his second year eligible. We identified his attributes of his game early on that we felt could one day translate to the NHL. Pavel will have a lot to work on this season and he is fast at work in the MHL with four points in six games played. NJ selected Pavel late in the 5th round in 2021.

Player Comparison: Not Available (Video below)

Spoiler

Very happy to welcome these kids into the fold. Why not get them signed to ELC's it will give us an extra year to evaluate them. 

Edited by Rush17

24 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I'm still not 100% certain about who is/is not eligible for ELC slides... but in any event, here goes:

Tyson Foerster

Isak Rosen

Aleksi Heimosalmi

Hey River,

Unsigned prospects do not need ELC slides. Nail will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe its for players 20 and under who have signed their ELC's. Which lets you essentially extend their unsigned status and slides the start of their elc to the end of the slide. 

Alexander Campbell

Roman Bychkov

I believe are you're only two players eligible for a slide. @Nail please let me know if I botched that or got that right.

Edited by Rush17