The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2020-21 (Apply Within!)

Nail

Just posting this to amend the date to the new calendar season:

If a RFA remains unsigned past February 11th of the following season, they will not be eligible to be signed anymore and will walk directly to unrestricted free agency following the conclusion of that season.

Previous date is December 1st, new date is to reflect the new season.

Vancouver News Release:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-adam-mcquaid-retirement-1.5876430

Release: The Vancouver Canucks have requested the league to void Adam McQuaid's remaining contract as he has officially retired after suffering a Herniated Disk in his neck and a concussion on March 28th 2019. Still suffering nerve pain up and down his arm, Adam is leaving the ice to focus on raising his newborn and being a family man. The 11 year vet in the best league in the world leaves our room a little less vibrant, friendly and skilled, no doubt, and we certainly appreciate the time the PEI native spent with us. Wishing him well on this new phase of life's journey.

Anaheim Ducks roster moves:

C Filip Chytil on LTIR via

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/rangers-f-filip-chytil-upper-175422747.html

C Morgan Frost on LTIR via

https://www.tsn.ca/philadelphia-flyers-lose-morgan-frost-shoulder-indefinitely-philippe-myers-rib-week-to-week-1.1580617

Recall LW Adam Erne

Recall D Kyle Capobianco

With Frost, Frk, and now Chytil out long term we will look to acquire a depth forward.

• Wat 1

We have a trade to announce...

To NJD - Michael Rasmussen, Jesper Boqvist, Noel Hoefenmayer, VGK 2022 3rd Round Pick (Conditional)

To VGK - CGY 2022 1st Round Pick

*Conditional 3rd only transfers to New Jersey if Calgary 2022 1st Round Pick ends up top 10 and Rasmussen/Boqvist combine to play less than 210 games in the 2020-21 and 2021-22 seasons*

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To NJD - Michael Rasmussen, Jesper Boqvist, Noel Hoefenmayer, VGK 2022 3rd Round Pick (Conditional)

To VGK - CGY 2022 1st Round Pick

*Conditional 3rd only transfers to New Jersey if Calgary 2022 1st Round Pick ends up top 10 and Rasmussen/Boqvist combine to play less than 210 games in the 2020-21 and 2021-22 seasons*

Best of luck to both Michael and Jesper in New Jersey. We felt it was only fair to give each of our young players an opportunity to play full time NHL minutes should they deserve it, and this move helps clear up a bit of our uncertainty for the future.

• Like 1

NJ is proud to welcome Michael Rasmussen to the Devils organization. We have been big fans of his game for a few years now. Adding his size and net front presence we feel could be very valuable for us moving forward. Moving a 1st in a rebuild may seem a bit counter productive but we feel confident in Michael's game and are happy to skip ahead with some development time already put in. It feels good adding a teammate of Larkin to our squad. Hope to see him get some more regular nhl minutes this season hopefully.

Quick Hits: The Michael Rasmussen Edition - Winging It In Motown

Welcome also to Hoefenmayer and Boqvist two other players we we feel have a potential to have some productive and long nhl careers. Hoefenmayer is a personal fav :D 

• Vintage 1

new jersey devils new logo Online Shopping for Women, Men, Kids Fashion &  Lifestyle|Free Delivery & Returns -

NJ is looking to clear some contract space out.

Willing to offer Cam Morrison (CHI) and Alexei Lipanov (TBL) for future considerations: if you are willing to also take on the contracts of Alexander Polunin (1 yr), Jordy Stallard (1 yr), & Vili Saarijarvi (DET) (2 yrs).

Just acquired a few more bodies would like to move a few guys out. If you have space and are interested hit me up.

Update: No longer require this. Thanks!

Rush17

NJ GM

Edited by Rush17

Oof, looks like I'm expected to say some words for Jonny.

Well Jonny, when I first got this team like 3 weeks ago I looked at the roster and said-

"this guy has got to go. Sure, he's a good player, but I totally hate his guts. 'Jonny Hockey', pfft, like wtf kinda weak ass nickname is that? Your buddies are obviously dumb as &^@#.  And seriously, I swear I've seen him crying actual tears, on the ice, at least three times. Thats at least three times too many. Guy plays hockey like like soccer ffs, diving ass wimp. Should call him 'Jonny Soccer'."

But being the real GM of an actual NHL team is a tough business.

I had to bury my contempt for Little Jonny Pissypants, recognize what an incredibly creative and skilled player he is, and do my best to move him out before I called him mean names in front of his mom. In case you guys didn't know, she still drops him off at the rink and brings the boys home made cookies for after the game. Nice lady, crazy as &^@#, but super nice.

So I talked to a number of GM's. A few just laughed and said "I don't want a kid who pisses his pants in the playoffs", others just hung up,  ut we did have good conversations with three GM's who saw what Jonny can contribute when he's not busy crying, whining, or changing his wet pants and socks.

So a good deal was struck for the 3 real good kids. The scouts just love the kids we brought in, and we're also super excited to have 18 year old Sam Bennett joining our club with a $16m contract.

Happy to welcome Jack Quinn, Brayden Tracey and Brendan Guhle to the team. I see a great future for these 3 in Florida!

• Haha 1