The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2020-21 (Apply Within!)

Nail

Just now, ActionJax09 said:

Contract termination: The Ottawa Senators terminate the contract of goaltender Jimmy Howard as he is retiring. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/jimmy-howard-retire-14-years-red-wings/sn-amp/

Howard. By all accounts, one of the most unlikable, least likeable goaltenders (teammate wise) in the league. 

Some old waivers news..

The following players have cleared waivers:

Luke Schenn (TOR)

Michael Del Zotto (TOR)

Martin Marincin (TOR)

Kurtis Gabriel (TOR)

Gemel Smith (TOR)

Alan Quine (CAR)

Matthew Peca (WPG)

Richard Panik (NJD)

Stefan Noesen (WPG)

Jordan Weal (PIT)

10 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Vancouver Roster Moves morning of the 16th.

@Nail starting off the morning, there is an error to report: Justin Dowling should be on the big club. Logan Brown should be in the minors to start my day. There was no room for Brown whom I had called up last, and so he should have stayed in the minors. Thank you.

Assignment: The Vancouver Canucks assign Denis Guryanov to the Lake Cowichan Lakers, he is waiver ineligible and his season won't start until the 22nd of Jan.

Recall: The Vancouver Canucks recall Anthony Angello from the Lakers. 

Let me know if your current roster is wrong, but this move would have put you at 11F. You had the cap space to call up Angello without sending down Guryanov so I've done that for you. But again, there may have been some errors with your roster as I've screwed up before.

7 minutes ago, Nail said:

Let me know if your current roster is wrong, but this move would have put you at 11F. You had the cap space to call up Angello without sending down Guryanov so I've done that for you. But again, there may have been some errors with your roster as I've screwed up before.

OH no sir, you can't take the credit for my screwing up my callups, haha

To be honest, I liked your way better but it wasn't how it went down and I can not tell a lie, wouldn't feel right if i won something and remembered a fib from day 4, haha.

It appears all messed up in the way that I intended, so all good from your end! thank you. I had actually intended to send down Gury just because he cant' play till the 22nd, but no matter really. If a player arrives somehow I will send him down at that moment. 

Thank you

Edited by Primal Optimist

2020 Free Agency Offseason Preview for the New Jersey Devils - All About  The Jersey

NEW JERSEY DEVILS - TRADE BLOCK 2021 OPENING SEASON

NORTH

small.png  Josh Leivo (RW)  Top Six

small.png  Denis Malgin (RW) (Overseas currently)

small.png  Trevor Lewis (LW/RW)  4th Line

WEST

small.png  Antti Raanta (G)  1B Goalie

CENTRAL

CBJ    Mikhail Grigorenko (C/LW) 1st Line

EAST

small.png  James van Riemsdyk (LW)  3rd Line
small.png  Daniel Sprong (LW/RW)  3rd Line

small.png  Richard Panik (LW/RW)  3rd Line

small.png  Phil Di Giuseppe (LW/RW)  3rd Line

Open to offers on all of these guys. We will likely have more available come closer to the TDL. Asking for picks or prospects. JVR has a M-NTC his list of teams available are as seen below.

Spoiler
Winnipeg Carolina Columbus Rangers Islanders Los Angeles Edmonton Toronto Boston Calgary

Edited by Rush17

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Guess Calgary needed him more than us...

Now that they finally have a goalie, the biggest weakness on the Flames is clearly RW. They don’t have anyone even remotely at the level of Boeser.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/calgary-flames/line-combinations/

Dube looks promising, but not Boeser-level. Bennett is their Virtanen - frustratingly inconsistent, but occasionally very good. Plus Ferland’s status was unknown, MacEwen was ready for bottom-6, etc. Not only that, but Calgary also has very little futures at RW. We have Podkolzin slated to arrive later this year, and Lind on the farm. 

Leivo himself probably looked at it as a better opportunity long-term in Calgary. He’d be a 1-year stop-gap at 2RW here, until Podkolzin arrives.

• Thanks 1