The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2020-21 (Apply Within!)

Nail

New Jersey Devils Jersey Logo - National Hockey League (NHL) - Chris  Creamer's Sports Logos Page - SportsLogos.Net

NJ is willing to move the following post expansion. If you lose a F on your playoff team.. come talk to me. Happy to offer these guys who will likely be protected. Can move them now too if a team wants a different look.

Sam Bennett (1st round pick in top 20)

Conor Sheary (best offer - ideally late 1st + 3rd round pick)

James van Riemsdyk (best offer - late 1st round pick)

Danton Heinen (best offer 3rd + 5th round picks)

Kyle Clifford (mid to late pick)

We are also exploring a young  F swap for a young D man prior to expansion. Raanta has been moved will be processed in the summer.

9 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

Nice to see my forwards /defenders step in while my both goalies are out with injuries.

Vinnie Hinostroza is a great addition so far. he seems just to love to Play in Chicago. lol

He certainly has found his ice again. This is what I envisioned when I paid a 2nd for him in January, lol. I do like Givani Smith though, so I am still happy enough with the trade. 

• Cheers 1

Assignment: the Vancouver Canucks assign Alex Formenton to the Minors.

Recall: the Vancouver Canucks recall Sampo Ranta from the Minors

apologies Nail, but hearing rumblings Ranta may get some games to end the year, and Toronto moved Kivihalme to the taxi squad briefly, suggesting that he too may see some games to end the year. I will take whatever I can get, hahaha....

36 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Assignment: the Vancouver Canucks assign Alex Formenton to the Minors.

Recall: the Vancouver Canucks recall Sampo Ranta from the Minors

apologies Nail, but hearing rumblings Ranta may get some games to end the year, and Toronto moved Kivihalme to the taxi squad briefly, suggesting that he too may see some games to end the year. I will take whatever I can get, hahaha....

In case anyone is wondering why Nail proposed a max call-up rule after the deadline...

41 minutes ago, D-Money said:

In case anyone is wondering why Nail proposed a max call-up rule after the deadline...

yes exactly! I feel badly for wasting Nail's time, but I appreciate that this is legal and on board with the rules. I think it is better to do everything within the rules to win than to do everything within the rules to lose. ahem, 26th Thru 31st. I could have sunk just as easily, but I think I have a slim shot of making the playoffs and not fighting for that shot should see my owners wondering why they hired me. 

I think for keeper league fantasy hockey, maybe the bottom 5 teams should have the last draft pick spots before the playoff teams? 15th thru tenth or something, which would eliminate tanking nicely enough and foster a will to try to win within the rules. 

However, I digress, I would be okay with a rule change of course, and act within its scope, but how is trying to win more egregious than trying to not win?

Hehehe, at least there is karma for Top Pick Tankers in the NHL universe, right Mr Alexander Daigle, Mr Brian Lawton, the notoriously infamous Patrik Stefan was chosen before both sedins, lol, and had 64 NHL goals in his number one drafted career. If you don't remember Greg Joly, neither does the club that drafted him first overall in 1974. 

Ahhh Nail Yakupov did get 62 goals for all the hubub about him. Rick 'headcase' Dipeitro ruined first overall tendie selections for all time. Gordy Klusak, Claude Gauthier, Andre Veilleix and Rick Pagnutti are not names many of you will be familiar with, and they round out the top ten first overalls that blew up before they got off the ground. 

Tanking is a sword of democles, one would hope that you know exactly what your buying before making the payment. Okay enough from me, lol. In the interest of nails time the rule should change, but if its about league integrity, i suggest we address tanking before trying to win as a league priority.

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

lol, sorry, accidentally quoted myself instead of an edit. All in all, I have no wish to debate or object, but I do tend to tell it like I see it. No offense to anyone who may think I am aiming at them, I am not, my position rarely changes year to year about the topic, you just might happen to be where I am talking about this year, but rest assured it is nothing personal.

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

Power to you, @Primal Optimist. I was doing the same when battling for 1st, and when I had more call-up options. But I'm also in board with limiting it.

I messaged Nail just now that I want to change my vote to Change the post-deadline callups. It makes sense and taking my immediate situation out of the equation I would rather have more closely NHL alligned rules around it. I don't think i can physically change it so mentioning it here and via PM to Nail that I agree with that change after further consideration. ; )

Assignment: the Vancouver Canucks assign Sampo Ranta to the Minors.

Recall: the Vancouver Canucks recall Alex Formenton from the Minors

Assignment: The Vancouver Canucks Assign Teemu Kivihalme to the minors

Recall: The Vancouver Canucks Recall Gabriel Carlsson from the minors.

Assignment: The Vancouver Canucks Assign Sam Lafferty to the minors (he will require staying down until Saturday Morning May 8th)

Recall: The Vancouver Canucks Recall Shane Pinto from the minors.

Assignment: The Vancouver Canucks Assign Justin Dowling to the minors (he will require staying down until Saturday Morning May 8th)

Recall: The Vancouver Canucks Recall Nate Scnarr from the minors.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

should only have one or two more between now and tuesday. Terribly sorry, gettin the right guys up now, with two exceptions and will know if i have a shot after this super saturday. 

Thank you Nail, your work is greatly appreciated. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Rumored New Looks For Fall - Icethetics - icethetics.info

Vancouver's Super Saturday Lineup

Robertson, Kopitar, Gurianov

Galchenyuk, Backlund, True

Kampf, Haula, Sissons

Formenton, Pinto, Rodrigues

Grant, Schnarr

McDonagh, Klingberg

Dumoulin, Petry

Carlsson, Bayreuther

Wolanin

Varlamov

Rittich

With 23 skaters on the ice tonight, and time running out on the Vancouver Canucks post season dream, Hockey Night IN Canada all day long, today, is the most crucial gameday in the season for Johnny Canuck. It is win or go home time, two weeks early!  Martinook is set to rejoin the team on Monday, and Alex Carrier may be back from injury in the next couple of days. Now is the time for one of those 80 points nights we hear about. ; )

Spoiler

Obviously I feel bad about the up/down thing, but lets be honest, when i saw others doing it in other years to great effect and decided to make a youth movement rebuild a short time ago, this was not really what I had in mind, but knew it was a perk of going for the youth movement. My goal is not only make the playoffs but attempt to BLOCK a team that has been VACANT for much of the season from having a shot at winning the cup. It is very doubtful I will make it, but I feel it is worth the effort to keep teams that have NO GM from making the post season and devolving our league. If ActionJax09 manages to stay ahead of the Coilers, fantastic, but it is a see saw race there at the moment. I support the rule change for next year, and I do appreciate the work that this creates and will slow down after today, but have to give it my all, its in my nature. Cheers all.

Activation:

Tampa Bay activates Brady Skjei from injured reserve

Assignment:

Tampa Bay assigns Arttu Ruotsalainen, Filip Zadina and Gustav Lindstrom to the minors

Recall:

Tampa Bay Recalls Aleksei Heponiemi from the minors

@Nail

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

You and I are going to have a close finish. 

some amazing races going on in this league for sure, and not the one I keep trying to pump the bellows on , haha, Vancouver seems destined to miss this year, sad to admit as it is.

I am stoked for our playoffs, and lots of great GM's are in the mix, it is going to be classic!

Really only the Central seems set now with Tylez, wait, WINTERHAWKS!!! my mistake, lol,  pretty comfy up front but three other great clubs in the zone.

Rangers, Aves and Oilers still have a shot in the East, West and North, wow. I do hope the Oilers miss though, tough to have a vacant club winning series, lol

JimLahey and Maroe though, your steering them close! 

Too early to dive into but I am on the fence with Bomber and Winterhawks in a first round matchup: two good guys, with two good clubs. I dunno if bomber will have enough in the tank to knock off the number one seed though! Tylez is in the SECOND seed, as i put my glasses on, and that matchup with D-Mo's Jerks will be a tight one!. Looking forward to our playoffs for a lot of reasons, even if I am not in them, THIS year. :canucks:

• Cheers 1

Didn't get quite the result we wanted last night despite a valiant effort from the boys, racking up 70 points!! AJ09's Ottawa Senators outhustled us, and EVERY team last night, putting a wild 91 points up, finishing 1st overall on the night, to my second place. 

It was fun hoping and wishing, but we will now focus on finishing the season happy and healthy and to kick that off, we welcome Alex Carrier back to action, he was not on IR but has been out a month with a lingering issue. We expect him to be on the ice in the next little while. Tomorrow morning we will recall Jordan Martinook from his week in the minors, and that will be a wrap on our season, barring any completely shocking surprises. 

Grats ActionJax09 on a great night to cap off your great season, and it looks like your in, and hot at the right time! Go Sens! WHOA! Just realized you passed Master Mind's Jets too! Strong Division here, Dion Phaneauf, Kobayashi Maru, ActionJax09 and Master Mind making the cut. I will step up my game next year gentlemen.

Assignment: the Vancouver Canucks assign Christian Wolanin to the Minors.

Recall: the Vancouver Canucks recall Alex Carrier.