The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2020-21 (Apply Within!)

Nail

Conditional Trades Updates:

COL 2021 1st will not transfer from Colorado to Pittsburgh as the following 2 conditions cannot be satisfied:

1) COL wins the 2020 CDCFL Cup.

2) COL wins the 2021 CDCFL Cup AND Torey Krug plays one game for the Boston Bruins in the 2021 NHL playoffs.

---

VAN 2022 5th will not transfer from New Jersey to Florida as Daniel Sprong has now hit the minimum 20 points required in the 2020-21 NHL season.

---

WPG 2022 3rd will transfer from New Jersey to Vegas as Darcy Kuemper has now re-signed in New Jersey.

---

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nail said:

Conditional Trades Updates:

I think that FLA 4th 2021 will not transfer from VAN to WPG either, since Sissons only has 8 goals and needed 20 on the season. 

Therefore I will designate FLA 4th 2021 to satisfy the requirements of an FC with St Louis regarding the Martinook trade. Thank you.

Vancouver, I believe, has no outstanding FC's after these two are confirmed dealt with. (There is however a new one that will be announced after the season in a new deal) Thanks

Edited by Primal Optimist

Won my 10-team Yahoo pool with some local friends. Now just in the lull waiting for the playoffs to start.

One piece of good news lately: it seems the reports of Reilly Smith’s death were greatly exaggerated. He has has a rough year, but seems to be heating up at just the right time.

• Cheers 1

Carolina places goaltender Collin Delia on waivers. @Nail

Delia meets the requirements for exposing a goalie in the upcoming expansion draft. He still doesn't require waivers, and is signed for another year in both FL and the NHL. Not a bad option for a 3rd stringer next year. But have a glut of goalies, and want to give him a shot elsewhere.

Edited by D-Money

Still waiting on one more response to the questionnaire before I officially tally up the results, but I will begin reviewing all comments left and reaching out to GMs with clarification/confirmation that their points have been received.

In the mean time, this questionnaire was meant as an activity check and I'm happy to say we've heard from 29 of our 32 GMs (31 when considering Edmonton's vacancy).

However, this means we must do the following:

The New York Rangers have relieved @JimLahey of his duties as GM.

The San Jose Sharks have relieved @Jaku of his duties as GM.

To both Lahey and Jaku, please do not hesitate to reach out if you see this message, and we can work to try and find a solution.

This also means we currently have 3 openings, Edmonton, New York and San Jose. If anyone has any suggestions for potential replacements, feel free to let me know!

• Nail changed the title to CDC Fantasy League 2020-21 (3 Teams Open!)

CDCFL 2020-21 Annual Questionnaire Results

Thank you to the 29 participants who completed the survey! A reminder that with the exception of the final two questions which are majority wins, any other question needs 75% or greater approval to be implemented for next season. The results are below:

1) Should we add a 6th Round to our Entry Draft? This would allow for more prospects to get drafted, and could give teams an additional trade asset as well.

Spoiler

Yes - 18

No - 8

No Preference - 3

Total Percentage - (18/26) = 69.23% 

Will Not Be Implemented

2) Should we allow teams to hold the unsigned prospect rights to European and Collegiate prospects for 4 years as opposed to 2? This would prevent teams from using one of their 50 contract slots on players that aren't playing pro hockey in North America yet.

Spoiler

Yes - 18

No - 10

No Preference - 1

Total Percentage - (18/28) = 64.29%

Will Not Be Implemented

3) Should we implement a rule stating that players can only be signed if they are under the property of an NHL team? This would prevent teams from loading up on acquiring European / College talent in hopes of them signing in the NHL.

Spoiler

Yes - 11

No - 14

No Preference - 4

Total Percentage - (11/25) = 44.00%

Will Not Be Implemented

4) Should we implement a 2 year maximum in which salary can be retained? This would mean teams do not get hampered by long term retaining commitments, some in which were made by previous GMs who are no longer in the game.

Spoiler

Yes - 16

No - 12

No Preference - 1

Total Percentage - (16/28) = 57.14%

Will Not Be Implemented

5) Should we make an amendment to our current 12:00 pm PST roster move cutoff time? If changed, roster moves would be allowed right up until puck drop. For example, if Montreal plays at 4 pm PST and Vancouver plays at 7 pm PST, if you wanted to send down a Canadien and call up a Canuck, the cutoff for this roster move would be at 4 pm as it is the puck drop of the first team involved. If you wanted to send down a player not playing that night and call up a Canuck, the cutoff for this roster move would be at 7 pm.

Spoiler

Yes - 12

No - 6

No Preference - 11

Total Percentage - (12/18) = 66.67%

Will Not Be Implemented

6) Post trade deadline, should teams be limited to only four non-injury related callups for the rest of the regular season? This is identical to the rule the NHL has in place, and would not apply if a roster transaction is made due to injury.

Spoiler

Yes - 16

No - 6 

No Preference - 7

Total Percentage - (16/22) = 72.73%

Will Not Be Implemented

7) If a player with a NMC has Seattle on their trade list when the next batch comes out, should this mean they will automatically waive their clause for expansion? This will mean if a NMC player does not have Seattle on their list, they will not waive their NMC under any circumstances for the expansion draft (Note: I will take the majority on this one, whichever has more votes wins). If no is the majority, each possible NMC clause waive for expansion will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Spoiler

Yes - 17

No - 12

Total Percentage - (17/29) = 58.62%

Will Be In Effect

8) Yes or no question. The following proposed schedule has been put together by Nail and theminister in order to make things work best with our entry draft and expansion draft this offseason. Would you be ok with the following as our upcoming schedule regarding expansion? If the majority does not like this proposed schedule, I will go back to the drawing board and come up with something different.

X7qaDcbgTG1epEC2ES4aeqswUeZGTZzFxZxhebgc

Spoiler

Yes - 27

No - 2

Total Percentage - (27/29) = 93.10%

Will Be In Effect

----------------------------------

Conclusions

Spoiler

Once again, thank you to all for participating. Although we will have no new rule changes come into effect for the upcoming season, a few of them were very close to approval and will definitely be brought up for discussion again next season. A big thank you to those of you who provided positive feedback or constructive criticism on aspects of the league. Thanks to you guys, I already have a list of potential items to bring up on next season's questionnaire!

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

With just 13 games to play in the season (and almost half of them tonight), things are wrapping up quickly! There are some tight playoff races still occurring in both the East and West division!

e896ad312fbde406c37efccb75ce4275.png

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Seeing as the 16 playoff teams IRL are set, teams may begin submitting their playoff rosters. All teams that are "in the hunt" must post playoff rosters as well to be inputted, as it is very likely our seeding will not be determined by the time the puck drops for Game 1 between Washington and Boston this Saturday.

Seeing as both the Rangers and Edmonton are GMless, the league will submit playoff rosters on their behalf for the chance they do end up making the playoffs.

Reminder: 14 forwards max, 8 defenseman max, and 2 goalies max for a total of 23 players. Post any other players as "Black Aces", these players can only be swapped into your lineup in between rounds and must be listed on your original playoff roster in order to be eligible for the playoffs.

LA Kings Playoff Roster

Forwards

Brock Nelson

Nicklas Backstrom

Craig Smith

Pierre Engvall

Tanner Jeannot

Dakota Joshua

Gage Quinney

Shane Gersich

Defencemen

Carson Soucy

Devon Toews

Dimitry Orlov

Brett Kulak

Travis Dermott

Goalies

Cam Talbot

Jeremy Swayman

Black Aces

None

We might have some trouble making it out of the first round.

@Nail

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, Nail said:

With just 13 games to play in the season (and almost half of them tonight), things are wrapping up quickly! There are some tight playoff races still occurring in both the East and West division!

e896ad312fbde406c37efccb75ce4275.png

It’s a good thing @Monty has 3 Flames players (said no one else ever). He’s very likely to pass NYR (who have no Flames or Canucks) after the playoffs have started.

Anaheim might also catch Colorado with 3 Canucks, but Colorado has Holtby so he might get some points too.

Buffalo Sabres 2021 Playoff Roster

Kyle Connor - Nathan Mackinnon - TJ Oshie

Chandler Stephenson - Nick Suzuki - Mats Zuccarello

Sammy Blais - Andrew Copp - David Gustafsson

Brett Leason

Brett Pesce - Erik Cernak

Cam Lee - Frederic Allard

Lucas Carlsson - Declan Chisholm

Casey DeSmith

Alex Lyon

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

We are very excited to be offering a host of our players post season experience! Not a great expectation, but that is not always a bad thing... 

Play off roster;

image.thumb.png.e409d2f0677125f2f9819cd2f6b173bf.png

Brayden Schenn

Mattias Janmark

Ryan Reeves

Yakov Trenin

Michael Dal Colle

Drew O'Connor

Joakim Nygaard

Darnell Nurse

Jan Rutta

Dylan Coghlan

Martin Fehvary

Dylan Samberg

Evan Fitzpatrick

No sense black acing anyone when they fit on the main roster?  :huh: 

@Nail

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Oh damn, I just realized that Colorado has not had Alex Iafallo on their Pickup roster since acquiring him at the trade deadline. Looks like it was the last trade I had to input into Pickup and I forgot to do that last step... I've backdated it and it should all be updated tomorrow but this will have a major impact on our standings seeing as he has produced a bit since our deadline (https://www.nhl.com/player/alex-iafallo-8480113?stats=gamelogs-r-nhl&season=20202021)

My apologies for this!

• RoughGame 1

We are very excited to be offering a host of our players post season experience! Not a great expectation, but that is not always a bad thing... 

image.thumb.png.e409d2f0677125f2f9819cd2f6b173bf.png

Ok we might be eff'd?  :wub:

Really just covering a double post.

Good luck everyone...

Edited by Canuck Surfer

handshake.jpg.17a594dd5e02f4b21207828cc0

The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed the following pending free agents:

Adam Lowry - 5 years, $17.500M ($3.500M AAV)

Anthony Mantha - 6 years, $36.750M ($6.125M AAV), LNTC (8 Team Trade List)

Valeri Nichushkin - 3 years, $6.900M ($2.300M AAV)

@Tylez

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

handshake.jpg.17a594dd5e02f4b21207828cc0

The Los Angeles Kings have re-signed the following pending RFAs:

Tanner Jeannot - 2 years, $1.600M ($0.800M AAV)

Dakota Joshua - 3 years, $2.550M ($0.850M AAV)

Gage Quinney - 3 years, $2.550M ($0.850M AAV)

Matthew Phillips - 2 years, $1.600M ($0.800M AAV)

@Down by the River

• Like 1