The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2020-21 (Apply Within!)

Nail

St. Louis prospect report--we got lots!

Up front!

Filip Zadina -- The closest thing to a sure NHL'er this year, I expect him to make the team.

Owen Tippett - Will he finally be ready? I sure hope so--we're counting on him to be in the NHL this year.

Aleksi Heponiemi - 2nd Panther on my list, he lit up juniors, but is probably another year out from making the pros. 

Aleksi Saarela - 3rd Panther in a row, and another that could make the NHL in a bottom 6 role.

Eetu Luostarinen - 4th Panther in a row, and another that will very likely make the team. Here's hoping for some veteran injuries in Florida!

Kristian Vesalainen - Feel like it's almost time to shart or get off the pot with this former 1st rounder, we'll see how camp goes.

Jacob Olofsson - Project playing in Europe, only time will tell. 

Adam Mascherin - Bit of an enigma in Dallas, but if he makes it, it won't be for a year or two.

Michael Bunting - Could benefit from the cap purge in Arizona and sneak into the bottom 6, but he's mostly just a grinder.

Tobias Lindberg - Apparently signed overseas in 2019 LOL @Nail please remove https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/tobias-lindberg-headed-overseas/

Lean Bergman - Depth in SJ, but I like his trajectory to make the pros in a year or two. 

Vladislav Kotkov - 2nd long term SJ project and an even bigger maybe with Vlad.
Damien Giroux - Minnesota project, a year or two away.

Matej Blumel - Playing well in CZ, still years away.

Jachym Kondelik - Huge guy, needs time to fill into those giant balls of his. Long term project.

Lucas Elvenes - One of top rookies in AHL last year, Elvenes is rising to the top of my list quickly. Could see some pro time this year in Vegas.

Mackenzie Entwistle - Another long term project, but could be sped up in Chicago.

Lukas Vejdemo - Played a few games last year, he might play some more, but limited offensive abilities. 

Maxime Fortier - Huge project, probable bust.

Kristian Reichel - Good two way player in Jets system, should make the pros in a year or two.

Mitchell Mattson - Huge project, probable bust.

Patrick Newell - College signing gamble, looking to be a bust.

Defense!

Cam Dineen - Offensive dman, but not putting up enough points. If he can't crack Arizona, he's dead.

Gustav Olofsson - Up and down between the AHL and NHL for a few years now, he's gonna have to start sticking soon.

Giovanni Vallati - Got drafted, didn't sign, went undrafted. Dead.

Joseph Duszak - College gamble that looks like it might pay off! On my radar to play this year.

Brinson Pasichnuk - Another college gamble, we'll see....

Anton Lindholm - He's probably the most likely to stick in the NHL, but also real limited offensively so...

In net!

Vitek Vanecek - Still a project, but could make it.

Parker Gahagen - Previous college signing, I think he's a used dildo salesman now.

Alex Nedeljkovic - Will fight for Carolina's job this year--I think this one has a lot of potential.

Josef Korenar -  Another year out, but he's got a shot to make the pros as well. 

And that's just the ones I've signed!

Unsigned!

At the world juniors!

Caufield, Soderstrom, Pelletier, Firstov, Hirvonen, Novak and Bordeleau and Nickl if it weren't for that darn 'rona.

Another on my radar is Alex Beaucage.

We'll see how this all pans out!

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nail said:

20180224_104841_IMG_0005.JPG.367cf26a3c5

The Florida Panthers have signed Alexis Lafreniere to a 3 year ELC worth 3.775M per year.

@luckylager

Pretty excited to have Lafrenier and Eichel to build around, they're the future of this organization.

I do need to overhaul the blue line and am open to moving everyone with a few exceptions:

Lafrienier

Eichel

Keller

Virtanen

Carlo

Butcher

Everyone else looks to be ready for a new team. I'll get lists from Kane and Gaudreau tonight, but I do expect to keep Kane unless the offer is just too good.

Cheers

• Like 2

New Jersey Devils Home

Updated Line Projections

James van Riemsdyk - Dylan Larkin - Daniel Sprong
Conor Sheary - Colin White - Danton Heinen

Kyle Clifford - Trevor Lewis - Jayce Hawryluk

Phil Di Giuseppe - Joakim Nordstrom  - Richard Panik

Zach Bogosian - Brent Seabrook

Jake McCabe - Nikita Zaitsev
Maxim Lajoie - Cale Fleury

Antti Raanta
Casey DeSmith

Scratches: Travis Boyd, Denis Malgin.

On the cusp: Adam Cracknell, Nick Caamano, Cam Morrison, Vili Saarijarvi, & Dillon Heatherington.

We may still make a few trades before the 10th but if our roster stays the same this will likely be our line up.

Edited by Rush17

6127Xj3HSuL._AC_SX425_.jpg.bcd4c9a85807e677b1d6b6d7c15ff204.jpg

Well, the Calgary Flames are currently done in Free Agency, and our roster is starting to shape up during training camp.  Likely some final tweaks during the training camp including monitoring some current injuries and whether some prospects make the squad, so we'll get it finalized by the 10th.  Here is where we are at today:

Hall – McDavid - Perry

Ehlers - Monahan - Lindholm

Patrick - Kotkaniemi - Puljujarvi

Blichfeld - Koivu - Verhaeghe

Hanifin - Subban

Lindholm - Sanheim

Joulevi - Larsson

Price

Georgiev

Scratches: Frolik, Brannstrom, Niku

23 hours ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To EDM - NSH 2022 5th Round Pick

To NSH - Paul Stastny

Tough to move a quality player for so little return but it does free up $6M to allow us to fill out remaining holes at the bottom of our roster.

Will be tendering offers to UFAs in the coming days and might be open to moving middling prospects or lower picks for cheap quality depth.

• Cheers 1

Canada's Alex Newhook leaves game vs. Finland with upper-body injury -  Sportsnet.ca | Canada News Media

Congrats to Alex Newhook, Ryan Suzuki, and Kaiden Guhle on their silver medals. 

Congrats to Roby Jarventie the newest member of the Devils on his bronze medal.

Good tourneys to: Yaroslav Askarov, Arvid CostmarHugo AlnefeltArtur Akhtyamov, and Philip Broberg.  

• Cheers 1