The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020/21 CDC Puck League

Master Mind

9 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

The Flyers would like to send Ryan Johansen through waivers

I would be prepared to trade for him if you are looking to get rid of him. I would just have to send a contract back. I know he hasn't lived up to expectations.

spacer.png

The Rangers made two sizable trades today, considering Marchessault and Marchment were involved, you could say it's March Madness.

We parted with the last remaining member of our inaugural lineup -- Evgeny Kuznetsov. This was no easy decision, and we ended up trading away more than we originally intended. It looks like the Rangers will be going into a rebuild.

spacer.png

Johnson has quietly been an effective player over the years, and was our last hope in the 2020 run.

spacer.png

Joel "Playoff Stud" Edmundson has been a staple on our blueline for years. Being a key player in helping us reach our first finals in 2019, he will be missed.

There goes my hero, watch him as he goes.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Master Mind said:

SIGNINGS.png.7b21f96d14dbbab7ad1365f309c462c8.png

small.png  Jacob MacDonald - 1 year, $700k

Some routine business to kick off my General Managing of L.A. The club has had a Dman on IR all season long, without any players in the stable to replace him. 

Jacob Macdonald is a very sturdy professional blueliner, and I am happy to have made him our official "first recorded transaction". Welcome aboard, and I hope your work visa is up to date, we are calling you up!

• Cheers 4

On 3/19/2021 at 1:29 PM, Master Mind said:

small.png  To BOS: Evgeny Kuznetsov ($4m ret. 2021), Jonathan Marchessault ($0.85m ret. 2021), Mason Marchment, Joel Edmundson

small.png  To NYR: Joe Pavelski, Cody Eakin, Bowen Byram, Antonio Stranges

Our thanks to Master Mind for the talks, making adjustments on the fly.  This is a deal that took several looks in its final days as landscapes shifted. 

The key players first discussed last deadline? Some in summer. A long brew...

As you can imagine, we did not want to give up Byram? A great prospect, and expansion safe. We moved Draisaitl, in part, to get him. Picking up Edmundson, meant we would walk out of expansion with at least our current D or similar un tact.  And we picked up 4 players on 4 probable play off teams. All in, all on the table. Lets go!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

TRADE.png.e58eb5f7cd5878252f8414498781dc5c.png

small.png  To STL: Landon Slaggert, 2021 LAK 3rd

small.png  TO LAK: Jack Campbell

Sad to see Jack go after having such a phenomenal season. With expansion looming though and the Leafs being in a prime playoff spot; it only made sense to make Jack available to a playoff team. The timely arrival of Kaapo Kahkonen has allowed us to make such a transaction. We appreciate the dialogue with @Primal Optimist and the Kings. Landon is a player our scouts have been quite fond of since his draft day. We are excited to add another young piece to our prospect pool. We wish Jack well in LA!

^ thanks Rush17,

While I am coming up to speed on the club I realized that the Tuukka Rask has been hurt for some time now, but not placed on IR, which explains why I am here. 

We would like to welcome Jack Campbell to the club, gets us a little bit deeper for the push, and Jack will be in the crease as soon as he is bubble ready.