Jaroslav Halak

Prospect watch

Cal Foote

Dennis Cholowski

Ty Dellandrea

Alex Bare Boulet

Lukas Dostal

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen

The Tampa Bay Lightning are looking forward to the growth of our young players as they step into the league. We understand the team is rebuilding and we have made move in the offseason as reflected by this line up. We hope to compete and develop the players while building for the future. 

• Like 1

Congrats to Drew Helleson on his gold medal.

Congrats to Connor McMichael on his silver medal.

Congrats to Yegor Spiridonov on being the only right hand shot on Russia.

Looking forward to these 3 becoming regulars in the Rangers lineup one day!

• Cheers 1

Ottawa 67's star Jack Quinn makes Canadian World Junior roster - CityNews  Ottawa

Congrats to Jack Quinn on his silver medal.

We were very happy with the tournaments our other players had. We are confident we will see some of them back next year and have some monster tourneys as 19 year olds!

Good tournies to: Lucas Raymond, Theodor Neiderbach, Vasili Podkolzin, Yaroslav Askarov, and Artur Akhtyamov.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

IR Placement: Zemgus Girgensons is out for six months with a hamstring injury. He unfortunately had an awkward full during a scrimmage. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/zemgus-girgensons-injury-update/c-320016242

Please place him on IR for us.

Don't forget in Puck you can place players on IR, and call up a replacement ;)

BUFFALO SABRES WORLD JUNIORS RECAP

Trevor Zegras   USA       18 P   7 GP            - GOLD

Gold medal, Tournament MVP, most points by a US player in tournament history, over double the points of the next highest scorer on the tournament winning team. Just looked dominant in every game. There is nothing left for Trevor to prove outside of the NHL. Make me proud my little Zebra boy.

Bobby Brink                     6 P   7 GP                -GOLD

Brink did what he has done at every level and found ways to score points despite his size. The elite brain is still there, and the skating looked noticeably better than last year. He was no Zegras, but was an important part of that Gold win.

Kasper Simontaival       7 P    7 GP               - BRONZE

Kasper exploded into his first WJ tournament on Finland’s crucial pillar of a first line. Despite his stats not being padded by any high scoring blow out games, Kasper channeled his immediate chemistry with Anton Lundell into a point per game tournament. Speed and vision lived up to expectations, with some defensive responsibility which surprised me.

Rodion Amirov                6 P   7 GP

Despite a disappointing tournament for Russia, Amirov lead the team in points as an all situations first liner beside Podkolzin. That transition and possession game is what we drafted him for; weaving into the zone and curling back to rag the puck on the PK. I was also pleasantly surprised by the power behind his shot. Looks ready to play against men in the KHL with his all around game.

Alexander Holtz             3 P  5 GP

Sweden never managed to put things together, with a disappointing first tournament for the otherwise electric Raymond-Holtz duo. Despite this, I was pleased with what I saw. Holtz lead the tournament in shots for as long as he was in it, and was a danger on every rush. With that shot volume and his cannon wrister, better puck luck will come. 

Edited by Sygvard
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Gonna use this as a time capsule for my protected players for the expansion. See if things change much. I would be interested to see other teams exposed players!

I'm in better shape than I originally thought. Tough choice on Geekie and Lauzon. Not sure someone will have the desire to select Karlsson with his contract. My prediction is that Jost or Karlsson is taken. not happy either way.

Mat Barzal

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Timo Meier

Tito Beauvillier

Andreas Johnsson

Ondrej Kase

Morgan Geekie

Damon Severson

Vince Dunn

Jeremy Lauzon

Carter Hart

Requirements: Kyle Turris. Pat Maroon, Erik Karlson, and Adin Hill

Best players available: Erik Karlsson, Tyson Jost, Brandon Saad, Lloyd Braun, Keith Yandle

@Art Vandelay thought about what you said earlier and for fun I’m doing my pre season Seattle Expansion protected list. I can’t say I really have any star players for the Kraken to take but here’s a look at what would be protected.

Forwards

Alex Tuch

Max Domi

Jordan Greenway

Julian Gauthier

Adrian Kempe

Pavel Zacha

Alex Barre Boulet (If Alex Nylander is still on IR)

Defence

Noah Hanifin 

Erik Johnson

Cal Foote

Goalies

Martin Jones

Best Players available for Kraken: Nino Neiderreiter, Carl Grundstrom, Victor Mete, PK Subban, Dennis Cholowski.

• Cheers 1

As it stands for the Ottawa Senators:

Forwards (7): Bo Horvat, Brock Nelson, Chris Tierney, Jaden Schwartz, Steven Stamkos, Chandler Stephenson, Brock McGinn

Defensemen (3): Jonas Brodin, Travis Hamonic, Chris Tanev

Goalie (1): James Reimer 

Would be exposing Joe Thornton, Rocco Grimaldi and some other forwards but it's D where I'll lose a player - Cam Fowler, Jon Merrill or Brogan Rafferty I'd say.

• Cheers 1