The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020/21 CDC Puck League

Master Mind

It appears the Rangers chances of making a third consecutive final are rather slim. We have plenty of playoff talent though, and would like to send them to teams wanting to load up.

small.png  Max Pacioretty - 6.07 fp/g, a driving force on a contender

small.png  Jonathan Marchessault - over 4 fp/g with a great contract

small.png  Evgeny Kuznetsov - 53 points in last 52 playoff games

small.png  Jujhar Khaira - 4.57 fp/g for only $2m

small.png  Tyler Johnson - bound to go deep with Tampa

small.png  Jarred Tinordi - depth D on contender

small.png  Joel Edmundson - playoff stud with easy playoff path

small.png  James Reimer - bound to see playoff action when Mrazek re-injures himself

We're mostly looking for younger players (including a younger starter) on weaker real life teams, to help get us back to the playoffs next year.

Edited by Master Mind
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1

Jason Robertson was my first pick in this league years ago. I had huge faith in him at the time, and am super happy to finally see him arrive in the league. 

With 13 points in 16 games Robertson now has the highest points per game of any rookie, playing on the 2nd line in Dallas. 

It really feels like a landmark for my team to be finally competing for a playoff spot right as my first draft picks when we took over the team arrive in the league. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

21 hours ago, Master Mind said:

It appears the Rangers chances of making a third consecutive final are rather slim. We have plenty of playoff talent though, and would like to send them to teams wanting to load up.

small.png  Max Pacioretty - 6.07 fp/g, a driving force on a contender

small.png  Jonathan Marchessault - over 4 fp/g with a great contract

small.png  Evgeny Kuznetsov - 53 points in last 52 playoff games

small.png  Jujhar Khaira - 4.57 fp/g for only $2m

small.png  Tyler Johnson - bound to go deep with Tampa

small.png  Jarred Tinordi - depth D on contender

small.png  Joel Edmundson - playoff stud with easy playoff path

small.png  James Reimer - bound to see playoff action when Mrazek re-injures himself

We're mostly looking for younger players (including a younger starter) on weaker real life teams, to help get us back to the playoffs next year.

Added Johnson to the block. Have been in talks with several teams, but be sure to reach out if anyone here interests you.

On 3/9/2021 at 8:45 PM, Master Mind said:

SIGNINGS.png.7b21f96d14dbbab7ad1365f309c462c8.png

small.png  Ben Hutton - 2 years, $750k aav

small.png  Brett Ritchie - 2 years, $700k aav

small.png  Rasmus Asplund - 2 years, $700k aav

small.png  Samuel Ersson - 2 years, $700k aav

was Asplund a UFA signing? I noticed he was on the list of available players. I sent a contract offer on the march 4th but was never read.

33 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

was Asplund a UFA signing? I noticed he was on the list of available players. I sent a contract offer on the march 4th but was never read.

Yes UFA. Jazz has been busy lately, so I asked everyone to include me in any signing PM. Sorry about that, but at least he's on Buffalo and won't help in the playoffs ;)

• Cheers 1

Pleasantly surprised at how well the team has been doing so far, currently leading the league however we have a couple teams nipping at our tails. Most notably @Canuck Surfer's Bruins who have a crazy 109 more GP than us this season.

With season ending injuries to Jake McCabe and Carter Rowney, and Elias Pettersson, Marcus Foligno and Teuvo Teravainen all missing time, we're in the market to add more NHL depth on potential playoff teams into our organization.

All picks and most prospects will be on the table to make moves. Obviously we value some players more than others, however we are also willing to make a blockbuster if need be. This may also come back to bite us seeing the success they have had thus far, but we are a bit heavy on IRL Carolina Hurricanes. Between Martin Necas, Dougie Hamilton and Teuvo Teravainen, we would be willing to move one of Hamilton/Teravainen in order to get a player on a different contending team. The Canes are currently the 2nd best team in the league based on points percentage!

• Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1

Boston loaded up heavily last deadline.  Still has effectively all but Erik Johnson from our line up at that time.  @Nail ,considering how much depth & how many prospects we traded? We are super proud to be 2knd or 3rd in games played, have usually 3 and sometimes 5 rookies in line ups any given night. 

The question on everybody's minds? Will Boston trade Bowen Byram and Adam Fox... Fox 24 minutes most nights, just turned 23 & among the top fantasy D in CDC Puck.  Byram the worlds best prospect on defense. 

Are we as all in as Nail's Islanders? A second year in a row. Maybe, lets see what cards GM's bring to the table!

We want a starting goalie on a contender! We can use F depth or a F with pop from top 6 teams.

Position wise we will also consider trading a D, possibly Travis Sanheim or Tyson Barrie. Have three starting goalies; Ben Bishop, Linus Ullmark & Tristan Jarry. One, maybe two can go. Will consider moving 1st rounder D prospect Ryan Johnson, 1st rounder F Yegor Chinakhov.

I will be discussing this Fri & Sat, my days off. Looking to make moves then, or next Fri & Sat.  All inquiries encouraged via Discord.    

• RoughGame 1