The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020/21 CDC Puck League

Master Mind

22 hours ago, Master Mind said:

image.png.8b87d21051068fe46cc12f5e72a01d21.png

small.png  To VAN: Quinn Hughes, Mikko Koskinen (50% retained), NSH 4th 2021, MTL 3rd 2022

small.png  To MTL: John Klingberg, Thatcher Demko

Tough to make this trade but with the expansion draft coming up and several big contracts expiring this year, it seemed smart to get something back for our assets.

The Demko demand was insanely high the last few months and adding a top young asset who is expansion exempt was key. Hughes doesn't need a new contract until next season and Klingberg would have either been lost in the expansion draft or a cap casualty. Koskinen is no number 1 in real life but he's a decent backup goalie who can put together a couple wins here and there. The draft picks aren't anything special but we've been able to pick up some decent players in the later rounds in the last few drafts so we're confident that we can turn them into something good. This also frees up a bit cap space for us next season with Demko needing a new contract.

We debating loading up for the playoffs for a long time but with several of our key players either injured, out of a playoff spot, or underperforming this year, we'd have to do a massive overhaul in order to keep up with the big guns. We just didn't have the time to put together so many trades as work has been busy. Didn't think of moving 12 guys out in one trade...<_< I'm still very happy with where the team is at and the boys are young enough for us to make a run next year.

Time to see how far Mackinnon and Landeskog can carry us this year!

Edited by Watermelons
  • Cheers 1

On 4/15/2021 at 12:33 AM, Azzy said:

WAIVERS.png.e9b7e522c859066fe4a6932e8fda601f.png

The St Louis Blues have placed the following players on waivers:

F Austin Czarnik

F Justin Almeida

Interested teams have 48 hours to claim them.

Do these guys get assigned to the AHL after request or after clearing? I was hoping to make a call up in the am just was curious. I can wait til after they clear or are claimed.

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Do these guys get assigned to the AHL after request or after clearing? I was hoping to make a call up in the am just was curious. I can wait til after they clear or are claimed.

I will assign to the minors and replace with a player who can be demoted again.

But one of those players has been claimed...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Azzy said:

WAIVERS.png.e9b7e522c859066fe4a6932e8fda601f.png

The following player has cleared waivers:

F Austin Czarnik

F Justin Almeida was successfully claimed by GM @Primal Optimist of the Los Angeles Kings.

Thank you! The final piece of our acquisitions, was originally part of a 10 player swap with Rush17, for Derrick Brassard, but technically couldn't come over due to being on waivers. Glad to pick him up via the waiver process though, lucked out! I like Almeida.

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Happy to see this league is still going strong. Been a crazy few years for me but am hoping to dip my foot back into fantasy hockey at some point. If anyone is interested in an AGM, let me know. I will keep following this league either way! Nice to see you guys.

Nice to see you still alive.  welcome back. :) 

• Cheers 2

On 4/18/2021 at 12:09 PM, wallstreetamigo said:

Barely. But ya still kickin. Retired now but still too young to not do anything with my life so I am trying to fill the days haha

Welcome to the club, haha. I try not to declare i am retired but I have been my own dog now for almost three years and I don't envision a j.o.b. any time in the near future. Not until my health team signs off on it and that is beyond an 'over the horizon event'. ALso, welcome back to the cdc fantasy forums!

55 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

In preparation for Kasperi Kapanen's imminent return to play..

WAIVERS: The Los Angeles Kings waive Joakim Ryan to the minors this morning.

After the 48 hours we will activate Kapanen from IR> 

Waivers need to come to me via PM and the 48 hours don't start until I've posted it officially :ph34r:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Thanks to @70seven for the opportunity. I am excited to get back into Puck and help him any way I can to build the Devils into a champion. Its good to be back with all you guys.

There are so many GM's not around, you will get a team faster then you think....

• Haha 1

SIGNINGS

DAL
Rafaël Harvey-Pinard - 2 years, $800k

DET

Josh Dunne - 2 years, $750k

STL
Frans Nielsen - 2 years, $1.5m per 
Ben Harpour - 2 years, $1.5m per
Kyle Rau - 2 years , $800k 

@Peachman32 @Salter @Rush17

I should note, these are all signings which were good to go prior to the trade deadline. Players currently unsigned while not associated with any teams cannot be signed until FA Frenzy.

Thanks!

Jazz

• Cheers 2