The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020/21 CDC Puck League

Master Mind

18 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Sweet, how do i get him to the minors and activate Kasperi Kapanen to the reserve slot? 

You simply ask me nicely via PM three days ago then embarrass me in front of our friends by reminding me in the thread :lol:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Azzy said:

You simply ask me nicely via PM three days ago then embarrass me in front of our friends by reminding me in the thread :lol:

Well clearly I suck, sir. Thank you for all you do. It is appreciated, somehow Kapanen is in my live scoring lineup so that is cool. I don't think it will make a difference to my seeding anyhow, so not a huge priority. Great to see him healthy and active though

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

Eventually, next time an exec is doing stuff on fantrax, can Brendan Smith's cap hit penalty be removed as he is no longer in the minors. thank you. I think that is why it is there, if not, can someone tell me why? Cheers

If you moved him from the minors to your main roster at any point, the cap penalty remains as it's a manual addition by the Exec rather than an automated FT one. So if you waived him again in future, we'd need to manually add it again. It's not hard but keeping track of all the penalties is painstaking :)

Edited by Azzy
Made the change on Fantrax :)
  • Cheers 1

image.thumb.png.cff103a86a9f25463da3023aff16570b.png

STL has 5. let me repeat that 5. 3rd round picks in the upcoming 2021 Puck League Draft. If you have interest in moving up/moving down or swapping for 22 picks reach out! @Crabby and I are looking to remain flexible. We have scouted the first round semi-well but we haven't dug in deep into the 2nd or 3rd. If you want some before we get infatuated with some prospects reach out!  We would consider moving some for the right prospect or prospects as well!

stay healthy my friends. We shall see you soon enough!

Edited by Rush17

1 hour ago, Azzy said:

If you moved him from the minors to your main roster at any point, the cap penalty remains as it's a manual addition by the Exec rather than an automated FT one. So if you waived him again in future, we'd need to manually add it again. It's not hard but keeping track of all the penalties is painstaking :)

No worries, but so i am up to speed: its there on paper cuz its a p.i.t.a. but if i am over the cap by that ammount right now, then its not really there, right? 

I can live with that.

12 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

No worries, but so i am up to speed: its there on paper cuz its a p.i.t.a. but if i am over the cap by that ammount right now, then its not really there, right? 

I can live with that.

Sorry, I'm confused, what do you mean?  You have $3.2m of space now and (presumably, I can't check) $1m of cap space before it was removed, so shouldn't have been over the cap at any point. If you were, your team wouldn't have earned any points.

7 hours ago, Azzy said:

Sorry, I'm confused, what do you mean?  You have $3.2m of space now and (presumably, I can't check) $1m of cap space before it was removed, so shouldn't have been over the cap at any point. If you were, your team wouldn't have earned any points.

No sir. I am the confused one. ; )

I thought you were saying it was going to remain there for the duration of the season but i should disregard it, was trying to confirm that undestanding: which was clearly wrong. 

THanks, I am sorted out now.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

No sir. I am the confused one. ; )

I thought you were saying it was going to remain there for the duration of the season but i should disregard it, was trying to confirm that undestanding: which was clearly wrong. 

THanks, I am sorted out now.

Ah, okay :lol:

The cap hit penalties only apply while the player is in the minors - so any callup, any trade, any retirement, and the penalty is removed. Our problem is that there are so many players buried in the minors with penalties that we can't easily track them, so we rely on GMs asking us to remove the penalty when the player is called up (as I did with Alex Biega about 14 times in a month to @Master Mind, which he was delighted about).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Now that the dust has settled, here's a look at all the turnover that occurred in NY.

Out:

Spoiler

Kuznetsov

Marchessault

Pacioretty

Johnson

Granlund

Foegele

Khaira

Brassard

Marchment

Haas

Pelech

Edmundson

Clifton

Tinordi

Rittich

2nd

4th

In:

Spoiler

Hayes

Labanc

Laughton

Getzlaf

Eakin

Caggiula

Thompson

Doughty

J.Larsson

Reimer

Shesterkin

Neighbours

Stranges

Alnefelt

1st

2nd

3rd

5th

With an aging core where the entire top six was approaching or was already 30, and being in a competitive division meant it was time for change. It was difficult to part with Pelech (our longest serving player after Kuzy was traded) and Foegele (a prospect signing after seeing him live in the OHL) as both were instrumental in our cup runs. Best of luck to them, and all our former players on their new teams.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Happy to finally have a long term solution in net with Shesterkin, as well as bringing back Hayes, among others to create a new core.

Another aspect to consider with these deals is an anticipated $15m in cap space next year, and I fully intend to use it. Anyone with an expected cap crunch should get in touch this offseason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1