The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020/21 CDC Puck League

Master Mind

IIHF - Podkolzin lifts Russia over Austria

ST Louis is excited for the eventual arrival of Vasili Podkolzin to the Blues lineup. The young russian forward is reportedly close to signing his ELC contract with the St Louis Blues franchise. The team acquired Vasili in a trade with the New York Islanders last trade deadline. Where the Blues sent Ryan O'Reilly, Ilya Sorokin, and a 3rd Round pick to the NYI in exchange for Jonathan Drouin, Cale Fleury, Vasily Podkolzin, Ilya Nikolayev, and a 2021 2nd Round Pick. The team's GM was quite thrilled to acquire Vasili as he felt his complete 2 way game with offensive skill would compliment its future young core. A core the team later added to last draft with the likes of Lucas Raymond, Yaroslav Askarov, and Jack Quinn to just name a few. Podkolzin embodies great leadership and a professional mindset the team will need as it hopes to eventually escape its rebuilding efforts after next season. Podkolzin will likely get prime opportunity when he does eventually arrive in ST Louis. For now though we wait and see if Vasili is assigned to Russia's World Championship Team where many feel he should have been an automatic lock. Regardless of of a World Hockey Championship it is widely believed Podkolzin will suit up for the Blues this coming fall for the 2021-22 season. A sight and delight for many Blues fans who have seen some great players depart out of St Louis in recent years including the likes of Steven Stamkos, Brandon Point, Erik Karlsson, and Ilya Sorokin to name just a few.

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 1

A bit late, but official congratulations to @Canuck Surfer on the Presidents' Trophy.

A Bruins banner has been added to the playoff league.

Current draft order:

1. small.png

2. small.png

3. 1218364031_FinalCopySeattle.png.39c040b9055fc347040b245579031b41.png

4. small.png

5. small.png

6. small.png

7. small.png

8. small.png

9. small.png

10. small.png (via small.png)

11. small.png (via small.png)

12. small.png (via small.png)

13. small.png

14. small.png (via small.png)

15. small.png

16. small.png (via small.png)

Reminder that only 2 teams are drawn for the lottery this year. Other lotto changes coming next year from the NHL.

More information including deadlines for Protection Lists, Expansion Draft, and Entry Draft coming soon.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

17 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I can release expiring UFA guys, right?

And is it possible to try to re-sign pending ufa or is it too late now?

Yes they can be released.

Send any re-signing offers to Jazz (preferably through discord).

• Cheers 1

On 1/15/2021 at 7:14 PM, Master Mind said:

TRADE.png.e58eb5f7cd5878252f8414498781dc5c.png

small.png  To OTT: Carter Hutton (250K retained)

small.png  To STL: Aaron Dell, OTT 2021 3rd, Conditional 2021 CBJ 5th*

*If IRL Sabres make the postseason; pick is transferred

As the IRL Sabres did not make the postseason, the pick will not be transferred and the condition is now complete.

@Rush17

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

I also can't find details of the Stelio Mattheos trade @inane , but as Stelio Mattheos did not play at least 90 games in the NHL/AHL by the end of the 2020-21 season, Florida now owes Ottawa a 2021 4th round pick. Please let the Commish team know at some point which pick you will be relinquishing.

The Tampa Bay Lightning would like to release the following players

Taylor Gauthier

Brandon Manning (Finally)

Jeremy McKenna

Greg Pateryn

Marcus Sorenson

Andrew Ladd

David Backus

Good luck to all the playoff teams still in the fight for the Stanley Cup

On 5/25/2021 at 2:04 PM, Master Mind said:

A bit late, but official congratulations to @Canuck Surfer on the Presidents' Trophy.

A Bruins banner has been added to the playoff league.

Current draft order:

1. small.png

2. small.png

3. 1218364031_FinalCopySeattle.png.39c040b9055fc347040b245579031b41.png

4. small.png

5. small.png

6. small.png

7. small.png

8. small.png

9. small.png

10. small.png (via small.png)

11. small.png (via small.png)

12. small.png (via small.png)

13. small.png

14. small.png (via small.png)

15. small.png

16. small.png (via small.png)

Reminder that only 2 teams are drawn for the lottery this year. Other lotto changes coming next year from the NHL.

More information including deadlines for Protection Lists, Expansion Draft, and Entry Draft coming soon.

Just one more day.. I must say this has been a long and grueling year. Knowing you have no chance all season is quite tough mentally. I am a very competitive person - So I guess my excitement lies in this being the first real big milestone for our club and its future for quite some time. We understand finishing last gives us odds most likely to select 3rd Overall but regardless of where we end up in this draft lotto. It is just exciting to know where we will be picking so we can decide how we wish to proceed. I think I've put a solid 20 hours so far into scouting this years first round.  Just being able to finalize our list is going to be fun! :) I Wish you all well! Like I said we will be thrilled at three if we fall. We wish the winner the best of luck in making their selection this year! It is definitely a tough year to make a choice for #1. I think I've had 6 different players 1st overall on my list this year lol. I'm curious how many nhl teams might wiff on their picks because of the lack of scouting. I'm curious to see how these kids all progress over the next few years! There is no real reason why I'm writing this I guess I'm just excited!!! LES GO!!!

Excited Christmas Day GIF by Busythings

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

On 5/23/2021 at 2:37 PM, Rush17 said:

Where the Blues sent Ryan O'Reilly, Ilya Sorokin, and a 3rd Round pick to the NYI in exchange for Jonathan Drouin, Cale Fleury, Vasily Podkolzin, Ilya Nikolayev, and a 2021 2nd Round Pick.

Gave Sorokin away...  :bigblush:  :unsure: